General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:49 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 224/212/140

Hi Asherah- glad you found us. Come join us since you're already eating like us!

I had a Good day with my eating. I think I got all my stuff in. Getting a little sick of eggs since I don't really love them to start with.

Hope you're all well. This cold is lingering and kicking my butt.

Here's to a great weekend!
Ann72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:29 PM   #32  

Height: 5' 6"

Hello all! Am I glad to find you! This is my first time on a forum. I have been looking for anyone using Jackie Warner. I followed her diet in 2010 and dropped some weight, but life got in the way...
So I'm back and need to start again. So the journey begins....
Let in the Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 10:11 AM   #33  

Welcome, Let in the Slim. So glad to have someone else to join us. Are you just getting started again on the 2 week add in phase? Good luck and keep checking in.

How's everyone else today?
Old 01-29-2011, 09:30 PM   #34  

Hi--

Hope you all had a great day. I got all my add-in foods in and ate OK overall. I can't seem to stop from having the late evening granola bar (not the healthy kind either). Oh well. I'll keep working on it.

The cold seems a bit better. Hope that I can get started with my walking program in the next day or two...

Hugs!
Old 01-29-2011, 10:07 PM   #35  

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'6"

Glad to hear the cold is clearing up Ann. I am really digging the eggs but I just started the the first phase so maybe I'll be changing my tune soon. Had a bit of a hard time getting all my veggies in today. I think I'll add some spinach to my protein shake tomorrow. Hope all is well. Later.
jusalilbabefat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 11:28 PM   #36  

Height: 5'11"

Yay! I'm so glad I found you guys. Mind if I join in?
I started this program about 3 weeks ago. I've lost about 15 pounds so far. I had my first cheat meal today, and it was soooooo nice! I think that the 2 cheat meals a week are going to keep me sane. =)
Laannee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:21 PM   #37  

Hi Everyone, Welcome Laannee and Asherah and Let in the slim!

Laannee, thats great that you have lost 15lbs!!!! Do you use all the supplements that Jackie Recommends? I did this last year and didnt stick with it. I end the two week phase today and start the 5+2 monday.
Ann, I know what you mean about the granola bars.
I need to work on my sugar consumption.
hopefully I can stick to the plan this week,and I have the weekend to look forward to.

Last edited by red74; 01-30-2011 at 04:03 PM.
red74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 04:58 PM   #38  

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'6"

Does anyone use her dvd's or just the workouts she has in the book? I'm getting sneaky with my fruit and veggie consumption. I hid them in the protein shake and that helped get my numbers up.
jusalilbabefat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:16 PM   #39  

jusalilbabefat- I use her personal Training with Jackie DVD, along with other workouts on DVD.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:27 PM   #40  

I do take some of the supplements suggested. I've been taking fish oil, ester C, CLA, and BCAAs. Then I do the shakes with just the whey protein, spinach, and berries. I'm doing my second treat meal tonight...I feel really guilty about it though. lol I keep telling myself "It's not cheating! It's part of the program."
Old 01-30-2011, 09:21 PM   #41  

hi everyone,

I didn't have the greatest day today. Had two parties so didn't make the best food choices. I also didn't manage to get in my shake and one of my fruits. oh well.

Welcome Laannee! Glad you found us. What BCAA do you take? Is it one pill or multiple? Congrats on your weight loss.

Hi to everyone else.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:22 PM   #42  

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to check in. I was finally well enough to exercise this morning. I did 30 mins on elliptical. I'm only planning on 30 mins for now. I also weighed in after my first week on Jackie's plan and I lost 4 lbs. YAY!

Hope you all have a great day.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:08 PM   #43  

Hello Everyone!

Good job Ann! Glad you're feeling better. Have you read the whole book yet? If not you should read a little further..She talks about her 20 minute workout programs after explaining the 5-2 stuff. She has a specific one for the elliptical. You'll get your workout done faster but it'll be more beneficial. I've been doing the treadmill workout and It's a really good one. =)

I had my 2nd cheat meal, I feel guilty about it even though it's part of the program. I find myself wanting to still eat healthy, but I had pizza last night. I don't think I'm going to do that again, I almost got sick because of it. Everything else is going really well though. I'm loving my protein shakes! I stocked up on a bunch of frozen fruits: peaches, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and blackberries. YUM!
Old 01-31-2011, 06:16 PM   #44  

Great Job Ann!!!! I started the 5+2 plan today, so far so good.
the weekend wasn't so good had candy and popcorn @ the movies.

Laannee, Have you tried frozen banana in your Shake? its like ice cream.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:18 PM   #45  

red--congrats on making it to the next phase! Good luck. Just remember, all you have to do is make it through 5 days clean and then you can indulge a bit! Keep us posted on how it's going.

Laannee--I'm just getting started on exercise after a long time of being sedentary. For a few weeks, I just hope to survive a half hour of mild activity. After that, I'm good to go with her workout plan (and I hope to try it!).

I'm still struggling to get those veggies in. For those of you that add spinach to the whey protein shakes, how does it taste? Tell me the truth, can you taste the spinach?!? LOL.

Last edited by Ann72; 01-31-2011 at 07:20 PM.