General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 10-24-2010, 08:18 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 273/259.6/120

Height: 5'2

When I was much younger I couldnt work out how I dieted down to 116lb with walking and aerobics, yet still couldnt burn fat off my hips and thighs.

I was still eating white flour bread and pasta until it was coming out of my ears!

White flour products are the loves of my life. white bread, pasta (even better if its filled with spinach and ricotta!), gnocchi.....Ive switched to wholemeal and veggies. I dont cut carbs out - I just make smarter choices like not eating too much potato (I hardly miss it)

I would once have a coffee for breakfast and feel bloated (thinking i was full) - when i look back to how I was living/eating - its little wonder the pounds piled on.

I had to "force" myself to eat breakfast - but since I have, I dont get cravings for junk as much and the weight is falling off.

Try and eat within a couple of hours of getting up - give it time, your body will adjust.
EsmeCullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 05:50 PM   #32  

If you ate a balanced diet, you could lose weight and eat more. Your diet is totally unhealthy for anyone. If you don't weigh and measure, you are eating more than you think. A little 1 cup portion of pasta with nothing on it is 210 calories. Not eating breakfast is also contributing to your problems. I'm 5'4 and 69 years old and have hypothyroidism and I eat 1500 calories a day and lose 1-2 pounds a week. I exercise 1 hour a day every day alternating cardio and weights. I eat 3 meals and 2 snacks. What you are eating will mean you are losing muscle, not fat.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 06:09 PM   #33  
Choose your hard...

S/C/G: 250/194/130

Height: 5' 2"

Definitely look into PCOS. I have it. I can eat carbs, though, without them stalling my weight loss. I have lost weight without going low-carb. But, again, everyone is different.

I feel you on the "not eating breakfast" thing. I did not eat it for years because when I was a kid I would get sick if I ate breakfast before school. Every time I tried I would end up puking or with a stomach ache. For some reason I can eat breakfast now as an adult without it bothering me.

It is good you tried a later breakfast. See if you can find some other foods you like besides all the pasta.
Asherdoodles87 is offline   Reply With Quote