General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 10-16-2010, 05:39 AM   #1  

Default 2 months til wedding and need to lose 1 stone :(

Hi everyone

I'm getting married on New Year's Eve this year. I currently weigh 145lbs and am 5 foot 7 inches tall. I usually weigh about 139lbs but my fiance and I have been eating takeaways and eating out and generally not worrying about calories for a while. BUT IT'S CRUNCH TIME NOW and I really want to lose a whole stone to take me down to 135lbs or less.

I'm 36 and have always done exercise, mainly running and swimming, but I just want to know if it's possible to lose 1 stone safely and healthily before the big day and if you could give me some diet, recipe and exercise tips.

Thank you xx
bumblebee4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 05:42 AM   #2  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

What's a stone? 15 lbs give or take? That's about 2 lbs a week. I think it's doable!. I think if you cut out ALL processed food from your diet and ate totally clean until the wedding you have a good chance. How does your body respond to carbs? If they slow you down you might have good luck with something like Atkins induction but only if you were willing to follow the WOE afterwards.

Best of luck!

Last edited by ValRock; 10-16-2010 at 05:43 AM.
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 07:14 AM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I too think it's possible. If not the full stone, than close to it or a nice chunk of it.

No one can really give you a diet - the best thing I believe would be to stick to lots of fish, chicken and turkey breast, egg whites, lots of veggies - enormous salads, stir fries, veggie soups, some fruit. But you'll also have to keep to a calorie allotment; a budget. Perhaps 1400, perhaps a little less.

But the big key to getting weight off in a *quickish* manner - CONSISTENCY. No cheat days. No cheat meals. No cheat days. No cheat meals. STick with it day after day after day - after day.

Exercise? Sounds like you know what to do - running and swimming is great.
Again, consistency will be the key.

Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote