3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General Diet Plans and Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions-10/)
-   -   I need a food plan (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/213505-i-need-food-plan.html)

WeighTired 09-28-2010 11:09 AM

I need a food plan

Repost. I'm not sure if I 'm posting right. Nobody has replied. Even if you don't have an answer can someone let me know I'm at least posting right. Thanks, Lisa

I am new to this forum so forgive me. I'm not really sure what I'm doing but I'll give it a go. I went to OA about 3 years ago and was successful at losing weight but not at maintaining. I can't find the plan I used as far as weights and measures. Does anyone have something they would be willing to share? I found a plan A however it just says 1 protien, 1 fruit... I need cups and ounces. Thank you for any suggestions

parkedout 09-28-2010 11:13 AM

There are lots of forums for food plans. If you go to the 'diet' section-- you will see different sections for different plans. Some represented here are Calorie Counters, Low Carbers(atkins, south beach), low and no sugar-ers....

Also are sections for help (as in you're having a weight related crisis) and for motivation and also groups depending on how much you want to lose, to what your age group is.

Tell me some of that info and I will get you some links to get you started!:)

WeighTired 09-28-2010 11:22 AM

Thank you so much for replying :) now I know I'm posting correctly. I am not computer savy at all.

I am 42 and 198lbs. My long term goal is 120. My short term goal is daily exercise and healthy eating and the weight loss will be a bonus. OA food plan A worked very well for me however the post that the OA website has doesn't have specific measures and thats what I'm looking for.

parkedout 09-28-2010 11:29 AM

You're quite welcome!

Here's some starting places for you:

40-somethings board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings-216/

General Diet questions:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/gene...-questions-10/

And here is where most everyone posts:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/

Hope that helps!:D

WeighTired 09-28-2010 11:44 AM

Thanks again Parkedout. I will check it out. :)

mkendrick 09-28-2010 11:57 AM

I would personally suggest exploring some different plans or "diets" (I hate that word since it implies that it's temporary, when in reality, it should be a lifestyle change). Weight Watchers, calorie counting, learning about low sugar, low carb, etc. Just browse around to find one that sounds the most sustainable to you. I am a calorie counter because it's free, infinitely flexible, straightforward, and easy to keep track of. I can eat whatever I want to as long as it's in my daily calorie range. By trial and error, I figured out quick that I like to eat a LOT of food, so this automatically turns into lean protein, fiber, and other low calorie healthy foods. Sure, I can eat some oreos if I want to, but do I want to blow a quarter of my calories for the day on a few cookies?

I guess what I'm getting at is you might want to find an approach to follow rather than a specific food plan with specified meals and amounts. That might be good to get you started, but to maintain your weight, you need to know how to control what you're eating and not just blindly follow a food plan. Are you going to stay on that food plan for the rest of your life to maintain the loss? What happens when you lose the weight and stop following the food plan, will you know how to keep the weight off?

Joy2MeNu 09-28-2010 04:45 PM

I highly endorse the Metabolic Research Center plan. There is a forum here on 3FC. I began last Aug 09 and by January 10 went from a size 24 to 12. I have taken some time off, but back into preconditioning this week to get it moving down again. It is high protein, low carbs, low sodium, no sugar -- but you eat well and it is satisfying. I stand by it as a really awesome plan!

All the best as you find a plan that will get you to your goal!

WeighTired 09-30-2010 07:46 PM

Great Advise!

Thanks for the great words of wisdom! I had wonderful success with an OA plan three years ago however... no sugar no flour for a lifestyle change is a bit harsh. I do enjoy my sweets. I have started exercising and have come to realize that after all that work I won't pick up junk food. I'll give the counting a go of it.

I see your military. My husbands Air Force. Go USA!!! :D
Quote:

Originally Posted by mkendrick (Post 3499104)
I would personally suggest exploring some different plans or "diets" (I hate that word since it implies that it's temporary, when in reality, it should be a lifestyle change). Weight Watchers, calorie counting, learning about low sugar, low carb, etc. Just browse around to find one that sounds the most sustainable to you. I am a calorie counter because it's free, infinitely flexible, straightforward, and easy to keep track of. I can eat whatever I want to as long as it's in my daily calorie range. By trial and error, I figured out quick that I like to eat a LOT of food, so this automatically turns into lean protein, fiber, and other low calorie healthy foods. Sure, I can eat some oreos if I want to, but do I want to blow a quarter of my calories for the day on a few cookies?

I guess what I'm getting at is you might want to find an approach to follow rather than a specific food plan with specified meals and amounts. That might be good to get you started, but to maintain your weight, you need to know how to control what you're eating and not just blindly follow a food plan. Are you going to stay on that food plan for the rest of your life to maintain the loss? What happens when you lose the weight and stop following the food plan, will you know how to keep the weight off?

jeankarla 10-08-2010 10:55 AM

Hello Weightired and to all the forumers:

I would like to suggest a diet plan that has been keeping me interested in losing a lot of weight. This diet is really difficult to begin with, however, it also results to the most promising effects to the body. This has been tested by a lot of individuals and they prove to be losing a huge amount of weght.

Thanks.

Jean