General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 09-23-2010, 02:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 168/165/130

Height: 5'7"

Smile The right diet for me!

I'm not sure if this is the right part of the forum to be posting this in, but here goes!

I'm 17 years old, 5'7", 165 pounds and looking for the right diet plan for me. I'd like to be able to drop about 2 or 3 pounds a week until I reach my ultimate goal of 130 pounds. I am a fairly healthy eater to begin with...my problem is mainly snacking and portion control. I'm planning on walking every day for at least 30 minutes and going to the gym 3-4 times a week for swimming, cardio and weights. I find the best way for me to drop the weight is to cut out white sugar and bread.

Do any of you have any snack or meal suggestions? Portion sizes? Also, note that I'm vegetarian.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

By the way, all of you are doing so well! It has in inspired me to finally take the plunge and just get this over with! So I thank you for that !
daydreambeliever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 02:25 PM   #2  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Yes, I highly recommend the MRC (Metabolic Research Center) plan. A little pricey, but it won't take you long to bring this where you want it.

It is high protein, low carb, low sodium, no sugar and you lose pretty quickly, IF YOU FOLLOW it. If you don't, the results are long and drawn out. At least this plan worked incredibly well for me, but I am still working on it.
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 02:40 PM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

It might be harder for you to always his 2-3 lbs a week because you are not far off from your target weight. Whatever plan you choose don't get discouraged when some weeks you only get 0.5 to 1 lb. I only say it because I've seen a lot of people when they are within 10-15 lbs from goal find it difficult to get higher numbers.

I say stick with something you can do longterm, I currently am on the southbeach diet but I am sure they have a vegetarian alternative.

As for too much snacking I have tried taking up hobbies that don't allow me to snack, like crocheting- you have to use both hands to do this so that makes it tough to eat and crochet

Last edited by beerab; 09-23-2010 at 02:40 PM.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 01:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: See ticker!

Height: 5'0

Hmm maybe you would like the No S Diet? It's only about cutting out excess and eating like we use to in the old days, and like people do in other thin countries. The general idea is: No sweets, no snacks, no seconds. Except sometimes on Saturday and Sunday. You eat 3 times a day, only what will fit on a plate without stacking (Sure you could fit 4 cheeseburgers if you really wanted but humility keeps portion control in check). I think since you are already a healthy eater this would make a big difference.

The only downside is that progress is really slow. Some people only lose 1-2 pounds a month, but some people have lost tons of weight on it too. Some people also combine this with other diets. But if you are looking for something that will always last and allows you to eat like a normal person, then this is perfect.

Good luck and I hope you find a plan that works for you!
Samantha18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 12:56 PM   #5  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

Why not just calorie count? There are lots of generators online that will give you a ballpark of the amount of calories you need each day. You could always give a quick call to your doc's office and see if they can give you an amount over the phone. Calorie counting is great for me b/c I can eat portions of whatever I want and just do the math to see my progress. I do measure and portion but it's worth the time b/c the math does translate into weight loss. I can work in all kinds of food within my calories allotment for the day without worrying about what it will do to my weight loss efforts. Please be careful to not go too low on calories and don't lose weight too quickly. Weight is best lost healthfully .

Just google "daily caloric needs" and I am sure you'll run across a calculator or two...

Last edited by 4star; 09-24-2010 at 12:57 PM.
4star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 01:07 PM   #6  
closed

S/C/G: 227.5/217.4/150

Height: 5'7"

There's also "exchange" plans out there; all the info I have found on them seems like they are easy enough to follow (I am a very lazy dieter: I want super easy).

That's how I've chosen to begin my journal.

GL to you!

~flamanette~
Flamanette is offline   Reply With Quote