General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:14 AM   #1  
closed

S/C/G: 227.5/217.4/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Exchangers: Week of Sept 27

Good morning exchangers! Hope your weekend was fabulous! I hope this is allowed: I thought about posting a thread each week for us to talk to each other and support each other! I don't know that there are that many of us, but we need to stick together!

My weekend was awesome, I stayed on plan (even giving up Friday Family M&M night). The scale is moving (I do weigh myself every day and take a weekly average). I got my blog all set up...I've been busy!

Check in here and let's see how we did over the weekend, and let's chat here through the week!

Have a great Monday! It's dreary here, but I cant deal with that since I am stuck at work anyway.

~flamanette~
Flamanette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 01:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Yesterday was a little spotty for me. I did excellent before dinner. I had a Healthy Choice frozen meal for lunch. I learned how to convert any nutrition label into exchanges from the hillbillyhousewife website and my "Exchanges for All Occasions" book, but I love when products have the work done for me. Healthy Choice (at least on their frozen dinners) do the exchange math for you (they list WW points too). Lean Cuisine used to have exchange and point info, but apparently now they only do the Weight Watcher point count.

We went to dinner at a friend's house. I did well portion-wise, but my exchange estimation skills were put to the test. At least I wrote the meal in my journal when I got home, estimating the exchanges. Not ideal, but at least I didn't decide to abandon the journal for the day.

I don't think calories were off, but the starches and salt were a little higher than I would have chosen myself. My weight is up a half pound today, but a little extra water today should fix that.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:00 AM   #3  
closed

S/C/G: 227.5/217.4/150

Height: 5'7"

Default It's Tuesday!

Good morning exchangers! Yesterday went fastly down hill for me! I had to do some cleaning last night when I got home from work, and I had done some cleaning the day before: this spells disaster for my hands and RA! Last night I just fell out on my sofa-- hello pain med and BenGay!

Went a little bezerk with my starches last night: needed to cook something quick and easy for family so made a big pot of pasta. Oh well. Scale was still kind to me this morning (thank you scale gods).

Today is another dreary day were I live! But at least my hands feel better! No cleaning tonight that's for sure!

KAP: I hear ya about estimation skills! Perhaps because I am just learning, but man what I THINK is ___ ounces is usually so far off! Now if I am unsure, I usually do two things: take some of the food away & whatever I think it might be, add a point onto it! This is not fail-safe either but I would rather over estimate and be wrong, than underestimate it (especially fats and starches) and be so off that it affects the scale!

Happy Tuesday exchanging!

Flamanette is offline   Reply With Quote