General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 09-18-2010, 06:16 AM   #16  

S/C/G: See ticker!

Height: 5'0

I think the way you said you are going to do it is the best way to go. I'm currently on the No S diet and love it. You don't count calories at all on No S and eat three times a day (3 portion controlled plates no seconds or sweet or snacks, except sometimes on days that start with an S). Weightloss is meant to be slow on this lifestyle change, but it's so easy and effortless that I am okay with that. I've found snacking only makes me more hungry and the No S diet has allowed me to enjoy food and has brought my appetite back to normal. It's really about what's finding what is right for you. Some people need to count calories to do well. For others, counting is a hard habit to get into and doesn't fit their lifestyle for one reason or another and is a set-up for failure.

I agree with Runningfromfat. The way I see it and the way I read from the No S book, thin people in other countries don't count calories, nor did people have to count calories in America back when we were thin. So why would we have to now to be thin? I may start counting later down the road too, but just for a short while just to get an idea of how much I should be eating. Good luck!
Samantha18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 06:55 AM   #17  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

I calorie counted for a long time and that got me to 184 but no further. I realized that even though I was keeping track of my food and was eating a reasonable number of calories that a lot of my choices were still crap.

I stopped counting. I started eating only whole foods. I started eating ONLY when I was hungry. I stopped obsessing over eating too many calories or not eating enough and the weight started melting off again. I don't eat many carbs because they make me feel like absolute crap. I am learning the kinds of foods that my body likes and the kinds of things that make me feel tired and miserable.

So no, I don't count... and yes, it does work .
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 04:38 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 274/236/200

Height: 5`11

nice
bumbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:51 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

What works for one person may not work for others. Weight loss is not 'one size fits all' (no pun intended).

Have you considered using food exchanges from Richard Simmons or the American Diabetic Assoc. I switch off using calories counting (every day living) and exchanges (when traveling)

I like to plan because then I don't have food/meal thoughts spinning around in my head. It's kind of a relief. It's decided - that's it. Do I ever change my plan? Yes, sometimes it happens.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 10-03-2010 at 01:54 PM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 08:10 PM   #20  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

I don't calorie count. I might start once I get out on my own at the end of the month but I seem to be doing fine on my journey without worrying about counting calories. (The only thing I don't do is drink my calories). But I'm starting to think I should start counting because I think I'm eatting way below the min requirements for weight loss.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote