General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-13-2011, 12:18 PM   #151  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

S/C/G: 189/14x/138

Height: 5'3"

What works well

Coffee in the morning.

Heavy lunch

Snack before Gym - piece of fruit / yogurt

Dinner - lovely oatmeal

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 01-13-2011 at 12:18 PM.
DEDIKAYTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:04 PM   #152  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

Just wanted to make a quick suggestion for finding the calories of each portion of casserole. Go to calorie count dot com or google the exact site address. Enter all the ingredients. It will give you total calories for that dish. If you enter "4" or "6" servings (or however many), it will give you the calories of each servings and how many grams each serving is. Just weigh out that much in grams and there you have it!
joyfulloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 08:40 AM   #153  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulloser View Post
Just wanted to make a quick suggestion for finding the calories of each portion of casserole. Go to calorie count dot com or google the exact site address. Enter all the ingredients. It will give you total calories for that dish. If you enter "4" or "6" servings (or however many), it will give you the calories of each servings and how many grams each serving is. Just weigh out that much in grams and there you have it!
Yep! That exactly what I used to do except that I use fitday I did it on the first casserole and the calories were so low for that big casserole that when i started makimg additional ones I just didn't worry about it.

That may work for maintenance but right now I do need to have my calorie count a little more accurate So back to the drawling board.

I need to pick up some more muffin pans.. I like baking in those because it gies you easy portion control

Don't worry, I am going to get this thing together and make things easy at the same time... The least amount of confusion - the better!
Old 01-14-2011, 02:51 PM   #154  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

FRIDAY

45 minutes of cardio this morning

Coffee in the a.m

Lunch time - Cooked up a whole bag of tilapia. Also cooked/steamed a head of cauliflower I usually buy it frozen but there were no frozen cauliflower to be found in the store. I think its because its the NEW YEAR and which all the weightloss shows on giving people recipe recommendations, I am sure mashed cauliflower is probably top of the list.

Anyway -- the fresh turned out perfect and it made so much more. I think I will do fresh cauliflower from now on

Today, I've been letting go of some ummmm..waste and I am feeling much much much better. I dont want to put anything heavy back in my system right now (like beans, rice, bread, oatmeal) so I will just stick with a lower carb day. Veggies and lean protein. My system is feeling a lot better and I wanna keep this feeling for a while. I am praying for my "light/skinny" feeling by Sunday. I am trying to hold on my REAL weighins until I wake up with "the feeling". ... ( I ended up sneaking on the scale .... yea.. still 149...sigh)

On a good note. I tried my size 28 jeans on today and they fit pretty good. Still they would fit better if I were under 145 I am sure but its just good to know that some of the bloat is finally going away. I just wanna get back in "the zone" where I can almost feel my body dropping weight. I love that feeling. It takes some crazy maneuvering for me to get there but when I get there - its a great high. The problem is - making sure I stay in it.. Not letting anything like holidays, get togethers, or whatever to kick me out of it. When I get to it this time - I WILL OWN IT and hold on to it for dear life. I am going to ride it out, stay focused.. and at the same time BE HAPPY!

I am feeling so much better. Its just funny to see how TOM can totally mess up a girl's journal for about 10 days or so. Wow. I dont get PMS bad every single month, but when I do get it, my hormones are used wacked for 2 weeks. (As you could see in my most recent journal entries... lol... I get bloated, hormonal, and then desperate to change my plan, do something different, restrict, etc.. ALL inthe name of hormones!

Well thank god I'm stable again.

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 01-15-2011 at 01:52 PM.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:51 PM   #155  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

FRIDAY - weight - 149.8 (flickering at 150) wtf!

EATS

coffee

Brunch - 4 oz cooked tilapia and smashed cauliflower w/homemade light tartar. ----------------YUMMY!

celery /w yogurt honey mustard dressing

6pm - bunch of mashed caulifower and 1ozlow fatcheese cube

My sweetie took me out last night.We went to an Asian bar/restaurant..really nice. I ordered a green salad with a vinagrette dressing and they threw 4 jumbo shrimp on top. No croutons or anything. NO bread. It was fine. I wanted to choke down my sweetie's cheesecake dessert, but I kept my mind focused on the "light" feeling I was looking for. If we hadnt went out, more than likely I wouldnt even have had any food after the 6pm meal.. but since we were out until 1am... it was ok. OH yea.. and 2 glasses of MERLOT.

Didn't count my calories.. Just being me. and FREE

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 01-15-2011 at 01:53 PM.
Old 01-15-2011, 02:03 PM   #156  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Default Getting Back In The Zone ;) - 146.0

SATURDAY

First....Let me just mention I was proud of myself.. I resisted tasting my sweetie's cheesecake. It looked soooo good, so thick, and it had a lot of crust just like I like. Anyway, we made it home and had a little diet 25 cal hot chocolate -- I guess thats my desssert! LOL

After eating lighter yesterday and not eating at bed time.. I woke up this morning with a somewhat "light" feeling. I told you that when I get the light feeling, I probably would run, right...

Went to the gym around 10:30.
Treadmill - 30 minute incline
Then did a 30 minute jog -- Told ya
Added a little elliptical and bike... Foot started getting sore so I ended the cardio session

90 minutes total
================================================== =============

YEP! THAT'S RIGHT !! A WHOOSH. Yesterday the scale flickered at 150/149 and today it flickered 145.8/146.0

O-M-G! THANK GOD MY WEIGHT IS BACK DOWN! NOW LET'S KEEP IT MOVING!

I was starving - got back home I guess around 1 to have brunch.

4 oz Tilapia
lite home made tartar (lite sourcream, and sugar free relish)

Green salad with fresh salsa
yogurt honey mustard dressing
1 oz low fat cheese white sharp cheddar (60 cals for 1 oz)
1.5 tsp walnut

Not writing down exact calories, but keeping a running total in my head like before. It just feels natural and stress free.

Yaay. I am so happy.

DINNER
Repeat Meal 1
Merlot

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 01-15-2011 at 09:14 PM.
Old 01-15-2011, 02:11 PM   #157  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Glad you enjoyed yourself!

Do you realize...we're on the same CYCLE? Hahaha! This could be dangerous! LOL!!

*EDIT* - Just read your new post...

I'm soooooooooooooo happy for you!

Last edited by joyfulloser; 01-15-2011 at 02:16 PM.
Old 01-15-2011, 02:56 PM   #158  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulloser View Post
Glad you enjoyed yourself!

Do you realize...we're on the same CYCLE? Hahaha! This could be dangerous! LOL!!

*EDIT* - Just read your new post...

I'm soooooooooooooo happy for you!
thanks!! I couldn't wait to hop on the PC to report some progress!!!! I'm ready to push, push, push myself further into the ZONE!!!! See, if I had ate that cheesecake last night - I probably wouldnt have seen such a whoosh. I will remind mysel of this tomorrow when I go to my friends house for a get-together. He alwyas has desserts and some kind of fattening but YUMMY meals there.. Once again, I will not stress about it. I will eat before hand, and save some calories just in case I want some wine or something.. But I am so excited to be getting back into the ZONE that I dont wanna mess things up!!

HAPPINESS
Old 01-16-2011, 11:26 AM   #159  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Default Its Called - THE ZONE...

..and I. AM. IN. IT!!!!!!

GYM THIS A.M
RUN - 30 minutes
Incline - 30 minutes
Cloud stepper - 15

145.8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great. Now all I gotta do is keep pushing and get under this weight!!!
I will be under 145 by the end of January.

That's right!!! Push it!
Still keeping the calories in check.
Still trying my best not to eat close to bed time.

I have a get-together to go to tonight. Everytime I get in the zone there is always a get-together, party, birthdday, dinner, SOMETHING to test my strength. And it most certainly will be tested tonight. I am ready. I will eat well today and not get myself stressed or worried about the get together.

My appetite changed a couple of days ago so I just went with it. I havent had a taste for too many complex carbs so incientally my daily carbs have been a little lower. I just havent want that heavy feeling in my stomach and I went with it. It didnt change too much though because I still dont want any real meat - chicken, beef, or turkey.. but I have been eating my tilapia and getting my protein in.

My appetite for salads (real GREEN salad..not the iceberg shreds) has went up, so my salad yesterday was AWESOME.

I will see what I want today. I will just figure things out as the day goes on...but I definitely feel like there will be more spinach/green salad on the menu.

================================================== ======
EATS

10:30 -
8 oz low carb yogurt (90) w/1 tbsp of walnuts (50)
2 tablespoon cottage cheese (25)
Coffee
===================
approx 200 cals --
Old 01-17-2011, 07:33 PM   #160  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

MONDAY & MLK DAY

Get together didnt go too bad last night. I said no to those gourmet cupcakes and Pomegrante Martinis. Brought my own Merlot. Had regular food, but said no to the desserts/junk. I watched as everyone else partaked and told myself that I only needed to wait 5 minutes and everyone would have scarfed their cupcakes down and the torture would be over LOL. And it was...

==============================
I'm sure there may have been a little fluctuation on the scale just because it was't my normal - oatmeal, yogurt, or veggies that I tend to eat all the time...LOL. but its fine.

I RESTED ALLLLL day today. Made a lowfat crabcake earlier and then had some oatmeal w/pb2 concoction and apple... what else??? oh.. yogurt and walnuts today.

Its about 7:30 now and I had to drag myself off the couch. I really wanted to day to be a rest day because I could feel it last night that a rest day was coming up.. BUT we have an icestorm coming tonight which messes up my gym plans for tomorrow.. SOOOO - Here's to my dedication -- I am going to just drag my azz in there right now and pump out 60-90 minutes cardio because tomorrow will be a forced rest day due to ice. I dont want to do it.. BUT I also didnt want 2 rest days.

Yesterday started my - 5 POUNDS / 30 DAY CHALLENGE that I made up and have about 9 people doing it with me. Weighed everyone in yesterday. So its just another thing to motivate me to push.

More later.. Gotta go.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:11 AM   #161  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Heck...gourmet cupcakes? Who needs em! Pomegranite Martinis...blah blah blah!!! Ok...well...maybe just one..haha! Anyhoot.... on resisting temptation!!! Your body thanks you too!

I just went for my physical yesterday, and since losing the weight thus far, my health has drastically improved...118/68 Blood Pressure, last year (this same time) it was 160/100!!!

Glad to hear you had a rest day...sometimes its ok to take 2 days...the 3rd day your performance usually will see all time peak!! It's TOM here for me...so yesterday was me, my couch, and my pumpkin muffins..aaaaahhhh...the good life!
Old 01-18-2011, 06:37 PM   #162  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Helllo !!!!

Yes, today is a rest day. Not much to log for today. Trying to kinda figure out what I want to eat for the rest of the week. I'm kinda spent with even the tilapia right now.... so I'll be meatless for a while I bought more cauliflower the other day so I can eat that. I also brought some more salad fixings so I guess I will have that as well. Veggies, veggies and more veggies.

I would love to do 2 rest days but we SHALL see. We have more wintery mix coming tonight so that will probably mess up going to the gym in the morning. I would love it if I did one of my p90x tapes, but I have to be in the mood to do home exercise videos...and the right now... I am really just not feeling that.

The bottom's of my feet have been sore. ...Its hard to describe but I would say the cushion/padded areas of your foot. I figure it has to be from repeittive compression in the gym. Like elliptical... and treadmill.
So hopefully the rest day will help it heal

Guess I will go and look up some vegetarian recipes...maybe a lightbulb will come on. Lately I just like it when my body feels "light".. not weighing my stomach down too much with heavier stuff.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:43 AM   #163  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

OMG. I had the best sleep that I’ve had in months last night. Thank God for that! So I guess the rest day was a success! I am thinking of taking Joyful’s advice and having 2 rest days in a row. So today will be a rest day too. I am hoping that the 2 rest days will do my body GOOD and also heal my feet !! So, here’s to another rest day!

Last night I made a new little meal that I may start having for a while. Nice and light.. but good. I took zucchini and mushrooms, diced tomato, tomato paste.. baked that all together.. threw some fat free feta on it in the end… and voila.. new meal. Lowfat zuchhini parmesan. I used 2 bags of frozen zucchini. 65 calories per bag… So about 200 calories for the whole pan that I baked.. hahaha. That’s awesome. So you know, I will just build on this recipe and make others as I did with my spinach casserole.

Yep back on my veggie kick. No meat for me PULEEZ!

No coffee for a few days.. My stomach was super sore yesterday and then felt worse after I had coffee so I will lay off of it. Switching to peppermint tea until it feels better. I guess that will save a few calories as well. Probably at least 60-100

Eats Today

Nut Thins – 130 cals

Oatmeal and cottage cheese - 500 cals

GO RAW BAR - 120

Celery w/honey mustard - 100

veggie salad with honey mustard - 70

mashed cauliflower - 100
lowfat zucchini parm - 50
2 oz yogurt and 10 blackberries
=========================================
a little under 1200

**middle of night - yogurt and a few more blackberries. **

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 01-20-2011 at 07:03 AM.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:41 PM   #164  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Hey, dedikayted, how's it going? Just wanted you to know that I've been following your thread ever since we were both doing Fat Smash. I got down to 130 lbs. last spring and then got frustrated because for months I kept gaining and losing the same 2 lbs., so I pretty much gave up food-wise over the fall and now I'm up 10 lbs. Would love to be back @ 130 now! Because now I'm having the same problem with 140 - can't get below it. So I'm starting fat smash again on Saturday and doing the detox phase. I'm also going to add some more cardio in the form of running and spinning and some more weight training instead of the elliptical and body sculpting classes I've been doing. I need to shake things up!

I've been calorie counting and staying between 1200-1500, but the scale is not budging. Like you, I'm just trying to figure things out.

Talk to you soon!
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:11 PM   #165  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by natamars View Post
Hey, dedikayted, how's it going? Just wanted you to know that I've been following your thread ever since we were both doing Fat Smash. I got down to 130 lbs. last spring and then got frustrated because for months I kept gaining and losing the same 2 lbs., so I pretty much gave up food-wise over the fall and now I'm up 10 lbs. Would love to be back @ 130 now! Because now I'm having the same problem with 140 - can't get below it. So I'm starting fat smash again on Saturday and doing the detox phase. I'm also going to add some more cardio in the form of running and spinning and some more weight training instead of the elliptical and body sculpting classes I've been doing. I need to shake things up!

I've been calorie counting and staying between 1200-1500, but the scale is not budging. Like you, I'm just trying to figure things out.

Talk to you soon!
Hello! Of course I remember you, I looked for you when I first came back on because Fat Smash is what worked for me to get to my lowest weight piossible. Whats funny is the foundation of fatsmash is so near my real style of eating that I naturally eat "fatsmashable" foods. I love, love, love veggies, oatmeal, yougrt, and fruit so it just works out well. And with keeping a head count of my calories, I could go forward from "detox" phase and just go with what feels natural.... Now, that I think about it, I may just have moved through the next phases in the book without even knowing it. I'm going to have to look at the OFS book now.

Thankfully, after my TERRIBLE pms... I am emotionally stable again and hopefully things will keep moving along. I believe the lowest I got the last time with fat smash was 142 before I started doing muscle building, so I will defiitely be ecstatic when i see under 145 again. OMG. It almost seems unattainable, but as I surf around 3FC, I see so many people who started from weights even higher than mine and they are now 120's and 130's. I can do this! WE WILL DO THIS!

We are doing things at a great time(winter). If we put in the work now,we can definitely be happy this summer!!!!yaaay! We have plenty of time, but its not alot of time when you think about actual weightloss! So I just remind myself to stay the course, stick with my plan, and keep it moving. Finding what works for us is so important. I can do strict Fat Smash wheneever I just feel tired and not know what I want to eat but its good to really be able to eat a variety of foods and be able to feel comfortable with our plans. I guess if I think about it - I basically just moved through the plan that's all. Just didnt stay with detox phase forever

You know, I was attempting to do the extreme plan again, but after being stress free about what I eat, I'd rather not go day by day, page-by-page following meals right now. LOL. If I did follow anything, it would be the Original Fat Smash and definitely not EFS. Not to mention the GAS that I had was HORRENDOUS.

I'm here for you to talk / support/ motivate...whatever you need! Let's just do it this time!