General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 08-22-2010, 02:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/265/185

Height: 5'11"

Default Looking for advice, tips, etc

So I am obviously new here, and just made my "intro" yesterday, so not sure if this is the right place for this post.

I have only been "at it" for about a week now, but wondering if my eating amounts atm are what I should be doing.

Will give example. This is the totals for what I ate yesterday. Just kept track of 4 categories for now.

265lb Male.

Calories

Fat
57g

Carb
232g

Protein
143g

A couple of these a usually higher, like protein and I try to get 250g of carbs per day atm. I felt the difference this morning during my bike ride. Was more of a struggle than it has been, so I'm thinking I need to bump the carbs up a tad.

Anyway, just looking for someone who is knowledgeable in nutrition to tell me if I'm way off base with my numbers so far, or if this is along the right path.

Thanks!
Josh W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 02:38 PM   #2  

Lol, no, not at all. Right now my range is 10 miles or so a day. Maybe my legs were just fatigued from the previous days. Just felt give out during my ride today, and was looking for something to blame it on.

I'm 5'11"..weigh 265 as of last week, have not weighed myself since. As of right now, my short term goals are to just drop pounds of fat, however possible (without being stupid about it).
Old 08-22-2010, 03:54 PM   #3  

S/C/G: HW:300 Pregnancy: 160/167/185

Height: 5'5"

Are you hungry? Depending on how old you are, you could probably afford to eat another 200 calories a day while still losing 1% of body weight a week. If you start to get hungry and eating off plan, I'd up those calories in a moderate way (it's much better to eat a deliberate extra 200 healthy calories a day than it is to 'snap' and eat a large pizza once a week). You can always bring them back down later.

I agree about upping the protein, though I avoid fat (I like to EAT and fatty foods are simply gone to quickly for me).
Shmead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:36 AM   #4  

Thanks for the tips. Have raised my calories to about 2k, protein to 250-300....lowered carbs to 150ish. I still feel well enough to finish my rides and keep moving through the day, so will stick with that for awhile and see where it leads. =)