3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General Diet Plans and Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions-10/)
-   -   What is your most satisfying dish? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/209981-what-your-most-satisfying-dish.html)

ddpmkrupa 08-14-2010 02:00 PM

What is your most satisfying dish?

What is your most satisfying dish or recipe?
What fills you up?

carolr3639 08-14-2010 02:18 PM

Just lately nothing tastes very good. My dh made homemade jamoca almond fudge ice cream. Wow!

therex 08-14-2010 03:46 PM

i use to really love jack in the box tacos, they were deep fried and smothered in cheese so that's not something i can realistically budget now-a-days. I make my own tacos with ezekiel tortillas, low fat skim cheese, and a mixture of brown rice and lentils with romaine lettuce and hot sauce. it's very good! even the little ones like it, and it's super filling.

dudesmom 08-14-2010 04:36 PM

Okay, I know it may sound weird during the summer, but I make an awesome bean soup. Its a slow cooker soup, so it's not like you have to slave over the hot stove, and it's super simple to make. I think it's really filling and not to high in calories. I love this stuff, I make a pot of it and freeze individual portions for later.

I don't know if I can post the link, so if you're interested in the recipe, it's at the Betty Crocker website, it's called Slow Cooker Easy Multi-Bean Soup. Nutritional info is included, I use veggie broth since I am not eating meat.

Sheridan 08-15-2010 02:41 AM

Hi,
This soup sounds great. I notice it makes 12 servings-what size is a serving? I could not find it on the Betty Crocker site. I wish I had some right now.

Sheridan

SeaWave 08-15-2010 07:49 PM

I do a vegetarian chili (4-6 different types of beans, depending on what I have on hand, and veggies) that freezes wonderfullly and is appreciated by anyone who's ever had it. I like it because my son (who plays soccer and burns cals like crazy) can eat it as a burrito with shredded cheese and sour cream, while I like mixing it with brown rice or, for a lighter meal, with veggie broth to make soup. My husband eats it with nachos, or the same way I do. Very adaptable and filling, easy to bring to work, pot lucks, etc.

Natasha1534 08-15-2010 09:33 PM

There's a taco bake listed in the SB recipe area and it's REALLY good and really filling when served over lots of lettuce and topped w/ reduced fat sour cream and diced tomatoes. I also really like the chili-spiked sweet potatos served w/ sriracha dipping sauce that I posted the recipe for. YUM!!!

Angie 08-15-2010 10:14 PM

Right now it's a cabbage, spinach & turkey meatball soup (my answer to italian wedding soup). When tomatoes are allowed in my plan again it will be chili, i looove chili -- it's so filling, tasty and comforting.

bronzeager 08-16-2010 03:10 PM

Homemade baked falafels (chickpea patties) with some yogurt-dill dressing, wrapped up with chopped cucumbers and tomatoes in a pita. Lots of different flavors together plus some crunch.

Also, this is going to sound wacky to some, but I just made a great dinner tonight that was very satisfying, with a big heap of greens from the market tossed with some sardines/anchovies, garlic, and olive oil sauteed in a pan. And a fried egg (no oil) on top. The greens were wild greens from the local farmers' market, weeds basically -- dandelions, chicory etc., and they are kinda tough and assertive and a little bitter. I found the anchovies/garlic suggestion on a website on traditional Italian cooking. Really great if you like the fishy/salty/garlicky thing. And the sardine tin said something about Omega-3s. (Not sure what exactly, it was in Italian, but I'm sure they're good for you.)

Shy Moment 08-16-2010 03:15 PM

I love a few things

Coq Au Vin ( chicken dish )
Chicken fricassee with dumplings
Hamburger stroganoff

All low in fat, not bad on calories and fill those food groups

SilverLife 08-16-2010 03:26 PM

Grass-fed burger fried in butter, a little cottage cheese and sliced tomatoes

or

Bacon and eggs

are two of my favorites.

I'm on a low-carb food plan.

Jane 08-17-2010 09:54 AM

My favorite right now is piping hot spaghetti squash topped with marinara sauce loaded with chunky vegetables. Mmmm!