General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 08-01-2010, 11:57 PM   #1  
~dreaming of art and rose

S/C/G: 293/257/136

Height: 5'4

Default Has Anyone done the ************** Diet?

Hi guys,

Just curious here, but If I may, has anyone tried the ************** diet and what has worked or not worked for you?

Just wondering if anyone has anything to say about it since there's not that much out there in terms of reviews or true/false testimonials.

Any opinions are appreciated/welcome! Thanks! =D
SakuraRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 05:57 AM   #2  

Rofl...I don't know what happened but i put the diet's name and that's what happened...stars showed up. o.o Not even sure if i posted something I wasn't supposed to?

But it was a general question about who may or may have not done it and if it worked, I don't see anything wrong with that unless we're not allowed to ask about diets? lol

It was the Idiot Proof diet
Old 08-02-2010, 06:02 AM   #3  
Meg

The name is in the censor because we've been deluged with spam from them in the past. Blanking out the name is the only way we were able to control the outrageous number of spam postings. I think their marketing techniques say a lot about the diet plan.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:41 AM   #4  

Oh my gosh really? wow lol, I had no idea, sorry =P, Yeah their site is freakishly annoying and I think they're a bit too.....farfetched, but I've had some people recently tell me how it's "the best" diet out there and is so amazing, and I was just curious to see if anyone knew much about it or tried it.

There seems to be a ton of hype about it, yet not too many "actual testimonials" ...seems a lil weird to me. Lol
Old 08-02-2010, 04:29 PM   #5  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

If it sounds too good to be true, you can bet that it isn't true.

I've also found the 3FC censor to be a pretty good test. If a plan doesn't pass the censor, it's a very good bet that the plan is bogus in some way.

There's one (that I wouldn't try to name, if I could) that is a diet supplement that isn't so much a diet as a marketing scam. They offer a "free trial" of the supplement and when you cancel it, they continue to bill you for it, for months. Getting the matter settled with the credit card company is virtually impossible (and depending upon your credit or debit card, you may be on the hook for some or all of the money. You may never get it back).

Even if the supplement "worked" I wouldn't want to do business with a company that would do that (and of course a company that is willing to do that, is very unlikely to have a product that does work. If it worked, they wouldn't have to trick you into buying it).

I would stay far away from anything that 3FC censors.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 04:36 PM   #6  
Meg

Colleen, thanks for your vote of confidence -- it's much appreciated!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 05:20 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 290/290/147

Height: 5'7"

I think there are two diets by the same name...one is a bright pink book written by two women? It's essential low carb. I don't know about the other, I just bump into it when I'm googling for info on the pink book.
NiteNicole is offline   Reply With Quote