General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 07-17-2010, 06:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 147/147/130

Default Going off plan on Dukan Diet...

To give you a little background, I have around 14 pounds to lose and I am on the Cruise phase until 3rd September. So far I have lost 5 pounds.

Apart from a couple of handfuls of nuts during time of the month, I have kept to the rules. However, yesterday, I went off plan. It was controlled and planned as I had been planning a dinner party for weeks. When I started this diet, I made a deal with myself that I will be strict, but on the 17th July, I will be having the day off.

Its got me thinking.. has anyone had any experiences during the cruise phase of taking one day off a week? I am thinking of doing it.. Not to have a massive binge session but just to eat and drink the foods that are forbidden.. just for one day a week. It sounds bizarre but I think it will help me stick to this diet. I must admit I know you are able to eat freely of the allowed foods, but I am starting to feel sick to death of eggs, cottage cheese and yoghurt! September is a long time away before I move to the next phase. I am really missing fruit and my favourite food; peanut butter on toast.

Anyone had any thoughts/experiences of this? I know it would hinder my results but if it would only mean delaying my target weight by a couple of weeks, I would do it.
pommychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 01:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 191(86.6)

Height: 5' 5"

Hello - this is my second time on the dukan diet. I started living "dukan' again on April 18 and I have had plenty of blunders and off plan moments. If you are the type to weigh yourself once a day you can really see how what you ate the day before affects the scale. On days I've gone off plan the scale either stays exactly the same as the day before or has increased up to 3 or 4 lbs based on what I've eaten.

I really think if you are mentally prepared and controlled about what you choose to do and determined to go back on plan, it won't be too bad for you...The most important part is going back on schedule and not getting discouraged by the increase u might see.

Since i'm replying quite late I would like to know what happened for you on your off plan day. Did it affect your weight and by how much. Thanks for sharing.
chouchoubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 02:33 PM   #3  

Since i'm replying quite late I would like to know what happened for you on your off plan day. Did it affect your weight and by how much. Thanks for sharing.
amandatina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 08:14 AM   #4  

I tried that years ago and it was a disaster... I don't recommend it
rareve is offline   Reply With Quote