3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General Diet Plans and Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions-10/)
-   -   lose 20 pounds in 30 days! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/206482-lose-20-pounds-30-days.html)

Katy1234 07-06-2010 06:38 PM

lose 20 pounds in 30 days!

I've been doing this workout video for 30 days now and I have lost nearly 18 pounds. This really helps because it is a 20 minute workout. Its short but very tough. Often times I found myself out of breath. It takes a lot of work but is helpful when you're on a time crunch! This video is called the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. It's really great! If you decide to try it let me know how it works out for you!...it has really helped my weight loss goals. :carrot:

dewdrop1970 07-07-2010 09:38 AM

I started the 30DS on July 1st. It is a tough work out (especially level 1 circuit 1 cardio - jumping jacks, jump rope, jumping jacks, jump rope!!)

I am on Day 7 today (after work) and I am so happy when I'm done, sweating like crazy. Not sure that I do all the exercises 100% right, but I'm trying. Kind of scared about level 2 & level 3, but I will try anything!

Thanks for sharing your experience, I hope that I can say that I have lost 18 pounds at the end of my 30 days.

babygrant 07-07-2010 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewdrop1970 (Post 3374677)
I started the 30DS on July 1st. It is a tough work out (especially level 1 circuit 1 cardio - jumping jacks, jump rope, jumping jacks, jump rope!!)

I am on Day 7 today (after work) and I am so happy when I'm done, sweating like crazy. Not sure that I do all the exercises 100% right, but I'm trying. Kind of scared about level 2 & level 3, but I will try anything!

Thanks for sharing your experience, I hope that I can say that I have lost 18 pounds at the end of my 30 days.

I found level 2 a bit easier than level 1. Also enjoyed it more.

Optical Goddess 07-07-2010 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katy1234 (Post 3373897)
I've been doing this workout video for 30 days now and I have lost nearly 18 pounds. This really helps because it is a 20 minute workout. Its short but very tough. Often times I found myself out of breath. It takes a lot of work but is helpful when you're on a time crunch! This video is called the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. It's really great! If you decide to try it let me know how it works out for you!...it has really helped my weight loss goals. :carrot:

How much did you weigh to start with? How much are you trying to lose? I ask because it seems someone who weighs 240 is going to initially lose faster than someone with 10 or 20 lbs to lose. I'm just curious so I can see how I compare. I weigh 176.5 and my goal is 150..

Ann72 07-07-2010 07:42 PM

Looks like I can get Level 1 through my On Demand TV for free. Only thing is there is no explanation of how the program works, how long to do the steps, etc. Can anyone shed some light on how it works?

Optical Goddess 07-07-2010 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ann72 (Post 3375741)
Looks like I can get Level 1 through my On Demand TV for free. Only thing is there is no explanation of how the program works, how long to do the steps, etc. Can anyone shed some light on how it works?

From what I gather ( I have the dvd) is that each level is to be done 10 days, hence 30 days...I know that JM has some books out but don't think there's a true eating plan coupled with the Shred.

I intend to do it five days a week, more if I feel like it, but I don't want to over do it, either. Also, if you don't feel ready to go to the next level, then don't do it, there aren't any 'rules'...
When I did it in the past, I didn't really lose any weight but I did tighten up. My eating habits kind of stunk, I had it in my mind that since I was workin' out I Didn't need to really watch my food..... well, one look at me and you can see how that worked out, lol.