General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 07-05-2010, 10:17 PM   #1  

Default Sugar Busters help

Hi

I would like to give this plan a go, trouble is Im in Australia and cant find the book anywhere could someome maybe give me some info as in, what to eat how to follow the plan, if you found it difficult and if anyone has had great results or any downfalls etc any help much appreciated or point me in the right direction as to where to find some help or info - Thanks
elkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 09:12 AM   #2  

Hi there! I would be happy to help you as much as I can! The principle of the diet is rather simple. You eat low glycemic foods, and avoid the high glycemic foods. You also watch fat intake. The foods to avoid are: white flour, white sugar (and brown) white rice, white potatoes, corn watermelon and beets. You can have brown rice, whole wheat breads, sweet potatoes. You can find lists of what the glycemic index of foods are online. Try to pick foods that are lowest on the GI list. Its a good idea to limit starchy carbs to three a day for the best weight loss. Beans and pulses are great and fit the program well. If you can find Chana Dal, or Bengal Chana, a type of small chickpea, they are very low on the GI list. For dairy, choose low or no fat varieties.

I have been following this plan (pretty much more or less with some tweaks) for over ten years. I have serious metabolic problems so my weight loss is not impressive, but others I have known have done really well on the plan. It is very healthy and balanced.

There are a few of us in this area of the forums posting under the thread 'Busting Sugar' that follow this plan. The others (some post often, so not so often) would love to answer questions, etc. for you as I would. Feel free to send me a private message if you like.

Are you the same elkay that used to post on the LCC? If so, I was Monet on there....

Hope to see you in the Bustin Sugar thread!

Last edited by Ellen; 07-06-2010 at 09:14 AM.
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:46 PM   #3  

Default Sugar Busters help

elkay, you can fine plenty of books on ebay. I just bought one myself. Good luck, Patricia
patricia54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 04:21 AM   #4  

Patricia - Some one told me about book depository online store, its cheap as chips and free postage. I think its a UK firm but they do postage free worldwide so I got the new sugar busters diet book and shoppers guide from them for about a third of the price anywhere else. So that should arrive in about a week.
Ellen - Thanks for the reply and help and yes it was probably me on the other posts as I did do a mix or Aitkins and South Beach lo carb for a while and did well on it but found it a bit too restrictive to sustain, I do love my bread and toast for brekkie and sanwiches for lunch this sounds like it might be a bit easier for me to stick to
elkay is offline   Reply With Quote