General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:45 PM   #46  
WSN

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'9" (male)

It's been a while since I updated, over a month I think. July wasn't the easiest month for me because I spent a day in the hospital for an injury and then over a week recovering, plus I was on vacation for a week. While I didn't work as hard as I did in June when I started with the GWF I still did alright. I am down 34 pounds total since June 4th, now at 268 and started at 302. I'd like to get below 250 by Labor Day, I know 18 pounds is a lot to lose in a month so I'm not going to be upset if I don't get there but I'll try for it. My target burn per day is 4000 calories which I have been hitting on average about 4 days per week.
WSN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 10:13 AM   #47  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

WSN you are doing so well!
One of the things I love about the GWF and BB is it allows you to adjust for all of lifes misshaps and keep on plan. so good for you, I hope you are recouping and feeling good about your WL!

AS for me, I took my BB off for the summer and I will put it back on when my shirts have sleves. The good news is that I have been able to maintain my weight up 2 down 2 (I think it is the salt) so very plesed. I will go for the last 10 starting in the fall...

How is everyone else doing?
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 10:17 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 250+/176/149

Height: 5'7"

I still wear my GWF daily. I read a tip on hear about putting it in my bra strap so that's what I do when I am wearing sleeveless or short sleeve shirts (other than workout wear). I don't think it's quite as accurate - but more accurate than not wearing it at all.
hhichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:38 AM   #49  

I've spent about a week reading this blog from the begining. I definitely believe that these tools would be invaluable in providing data. Been trying to decide which route to go with, BB or GWF. When I finally decided to go with GWF or BMF now, they come out with DotFit. Does anyone have an opinion on the DotFit? The armband is the same, the difference seems to be the web interface.
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:15 PM   #50  
Owned by Dixie

Not much experiance (read none) but my choice of BB or GFW if you don't have a sleep issue would be whichever is the best price. IF you have a sleep issue the GWF is the way to go. Price for the
dot fit is about $320 for the watch and the unit with a M armband.
BB looks like it is selling for $279
GWF looks like it is selling for $259
It apears to be difficult to see how much subscription time there is but it usually varies between 3-6 months.

So as I said above since they all work smilarly (GWF dot fit do sleep monotoring) I would chose the best deal at the time you are ready to buy.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:11 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 236/?/132

Height: 5'6"

Can I join in?? I am on my 3rd day with my bodybugg and I am absolutely in love with this! I am so amazed and encouraged - I can see exactly where I am and what I need to do to meet my goals! No more guess work and having it strapped to my arm is a great reminder throughout the day of what I'm working towards! Its much harder to mindlessly eat when you have a big black band on your arm!

So - yesterday, I was fairly sedentary aside from cleaning the house, running a few errands and 1 hour at the gym. I had a 3248 Calorie Burn with 1325 Calories eaten for a total deficit of 1923!!!

Last edited by GonnaTurnHeads; 08-08-2010 at 08:12 PM.
GonnaTurnHeads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 04:08 PM   #52  

I have a question that I hope you all will be able to answer...please forgive me if this has been answered previously...I've been trying to read through this thread but there is a lot here!

I'm thinking of buying a Bodybugg but most of my activity is on a stationary bike, and my understanding is that the BB does not accurately measure calories burned on a bike because of the lack of motion in the arms. I've been trying to get a straight answer on if the BB is accurate when worn on the leg...Apex says no, but others say yes. What is your experience? I believe this is an invaluable tool, but I don't want to spend the money for one if it's not going to be accurate for me.

Thanks so much!!
sfmelissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 05:54 PM   #53  
Owned by Dixie

SFmelissa, WELCOME to 3FC!!!!

the long and the short of it is that it is not as acurate as wearing the BB on the arm with the exception of things like biking and the eliptical. If you wear it there for the activity and then move it back to the arm you will get a "good enough" reading for WL puposes. Hope this helps. and again Welcome!
Old 08-11-2010, 08:13 PM   #54  

Quote:
Originally Posted by L144S View Post
SFmelissa, WELCOME to 3FC!!!!

the long and the short of it is that it is not as acurate as wearing the BB on the arm with the exception of things like biking and the eliptical. If you wear it there for the activity and then move it back to the arm you will get a "good enough" reading for WL puposes. Hope this helps. and again Welcome!
Oh wow! I'm glad she thought to ask that question! I did my work out yesterday, starting on the stair machine and then moving to the bike - and i was so disappointed because when I looked my calories burned, it looked like I burned about as many calories on the bike as I do when I fold laundry and I was working *hard* on the bike! Good to know!
Old 08-12-2010, 07:01 PM   #55  

Height: 5'2''

Hey everyone,

I lurked on this thread for awhile 2 years ago, but decided not to get a GWF. However, I have finally decided to buy one now that they are smaller and cheaper and just order a GWF. I can't wait to join you all!

Dee
tigger175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:47 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 140/140/125

Height: 5' 7"

Hi all:

My bodybugg armband, which gets drenched is sweat, STINKS! I've washed it with normal laundry detergent (by hand, I'm concerned that the plastic would break if I put it in the washer with my gym clothe). And it still stinks of sweat.

How do you clean the armbands?

Thanks!
GreyDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 01:44 PM   #57  
Owned by Dixie

try the dishwasher, but it may hurt the velcro
Old 08-14-2010, 03:02 PM   #58  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyDawg View Post
Hi all:

My bodybugg armband, which gets drenched is sweat, STINKS! I've washed it with normal laundry detergent (by hand, I'm concerned that the plastic would break if I put it in the washer with my gym clothe). And it still stinks of sweat.

How do you clean the armbands?

Thanks!
i soaked it in oxyclean, then patted it dry with a towel - then hung it in front of a fan to dry all the way. worked great!
Old 08-14-2010, 04:03 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 140/140/125

Height: 5' 7"

Thank you! I'll go get some oxyclean!
GreyDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 07:08 PM   #60  

Height: 5'2''

I just got my GWF yesterday and am having a problem. After working out I plugged in my armband to my computer and it said 1,700 calories burned for the day (so far) but a few minutes later I synced my watch and it said 1,100 calories burned. Why is there such a big difference? I'm sure the number on the computer is more correct, but whats wrong with my display? Has anyone else had this problem? How can I fix it?
tigger175 is offline   Reply With Quote