General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 04-14-2010, 07:48 PM   #1  

Default Are your a bordeom eater?

What do you do when you are bored instead of eating?
kemica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:35 PM   #2  

Clean or work... I wish I could say exercise, but that doesn't trigger me.

I am a big boredom eater, and someone eats for the **** of it.... so I try to interest myself in something else...
Aussie_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 02:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 238/238/145

Height: 5'4"

I'm guilty of eating out of boredom also. If I feel like snacking now, I eat an apple, a few grapes or almonds. When I'm at work and I walk past those donuts sitting at reception I'll chew a piece of gum instead to keep my mouth busy haha
Becca812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 02:34 AM   #4  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

I don't usually get bored. There's too much to do around here.

Read, usually. I like to do that a lot and there's rarely the extra time.

But sometimes I feel lonely for adult women friends and then I start to want to pick at food. Are you sure you mean "bored" and not "lonely?" So much of people's social life revolves around eating situations I could see how it could get muddled.

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:51 AM   #5  
Choose your hard...

S/C/G: 250/194/130

Height: 5' 2"

Yes, I am a boredom eater. It took me a while to figure out what was triggering my overeating. It's definitely boredom or being lonely that triggers it. The solution? If I am bored I go run or work out in some other format. Eventually I don't have the urge to eat anymore. The boredom is gone. Sometimes I'll just watch TV, call someone, go somewhere, listen to music - basically anything to get the feeling to go away besides eating.
Asherdoodles87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:10 AM   #6  
Trying my best

S/C/G: 167.5/150/130

Height: 5'3

I am guilty too. I tend to catch myself wanting to walk by and grab a piece of candy or a cheese stick or something all through out the day. That has been a challenge to stop!
Tonyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:10 AM   #7  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

Not keeping snack food in my apartment is prevention for me. Taking a walk with my favorite music on my iPod. Calling a friend. Going to be early.
motivated chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 01:26 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 240/240/220

Height: 5'4

I am guilty of boredom eating. I try to find something to distract myself. It's hard though. Sometimes I'll just find gum and chew that because otherwise, I'll just end up eating everything in sight.
highflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 05:12 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 227/219/160

Height: 5'4"

Thats a huge weakness of mine.. there are times when I'm watching tv and I just want to CHEW. Nothing in particular, I just like the motion, so I pop in a piece of gum (I loooove Stride 'cause the flavor lasts so long) until the urge goes away.
dorkchopqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:53 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

I stay away from the TV. I've found that to be my trigger. I'm usually bored when I'm watching tv and eat.

I only eat in the kitchen/family room. No other room can have food in it-just a family rule because we have those stupid little ants invading in the summer.

I make comfort Quilts for Kids and Quilts of Valor also. Keeps my hands busy and me away from the food.

Sarah in MD
sarahyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:06 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 212/198.4/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by motivated chickie View Post
Not keeping snack food in my apartment is prevention for me.
The same has been a help for me. Just have to make sure I'm not shopping when in one of those moods because then things find themselves in the cart that aren't supposed to be there, heh.
rayosun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:14 PM   #12  
300+ Chick

I am a bordom eater.. I am a stay at home caregiver to my family..some days am busy I eat less. The key is to stay busy, so you won't think much about food.

I listen to music and dance, and when the weather is nice, do my walking regimen...another thing I do is word search puzzles to keep my mind away from food..

Good luck with your efforts!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote