General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 04-12-2010, 10:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/198/135

Height: 5'3

Default What do you lower/cut out of your diet?

I am not sure what to remove from my diet to lose more weight. I currently have been following the body bugg diet plans which says 60% carbs, 20% protein, and 20% fat (however most days I end up with less than 15% fat). I've been reading on these forums that a lot of people have removed bread from their diet. Should I not follow the 60% carb plan from body bugg? I am currently eating whole wheat bread with the most fiber I can find. My goal is to lose 2-3 pounds a week while eating 1700 calories a day (the recommended amount on the body bugg program given my daily burn is usually over 3150.) Any suggestions to improve weight loss? I've been on a plateau for the past 2 weeks. I'm currently implementing the low fat diet with the precaution that some low fat foods make up for it with excess sugar. I've noticed that bread has a decent amount of sugar in it even though it's whole wheat. Do some of you also count the grams of sugar as well? Any ideas of suggestions would be great!
Dyeral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:56 AM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

2 weeks isn't really a plateau

For me, I eat high carb (60-70%) but don't eat a lot of processed carbs. My carbs come in the form of whole grains, beans, veggies, fruit, etc.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

Soda? Maybe cutting out soda, even diet soda, will give you the boost you're looking for.
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:00 AM   #4  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

It's so very individual. I agree that you aren't really at a plateau with only two weeks of a stall. I tend to drop big one week out of every month and stall for the rest of it.

That said, I hit some major slow downs of only a 4 lb loss one month, 3 the next and 2.5 the next. With so much still to go, that didn't feel right, so I am tweaking the diet by lowering the carbs. I would not be doing that if I was still losing though.

Some people need low fat to lose, some need low carb to lose and some need a combination. I already eat pretty low fat with a diet of mostly chicken and fish, but in combination, I'm also very carb sensitive.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:15 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/175/140

Height: 5'6

i was told by a guy that competes and his so compete in swim things or whatever and body build (his so does).. to increase the protein, lower the carbs, eat whole foods when you do eat carbs lower fat..but still eat HEALTHY FATS also to eat more meals, small ones. Every sitting has to have a protein and a carb in it. You want to aim for 20g of protein per sitting..
luciddepths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:21 AM   #6  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Lucid, that's very similar to what I do. I eat six mini meals a day, each of equal caloric value and each packed with nutrition, usually a lean meat and veggie. Yes, I love veggies for breakfast!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:34 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 129/see ticker/110

Height: 5'1"

I agree that different food types effecting weight-loss is individual. For me, I can't eat any processed carbs to lose. I try to avoid bread and pastas, but eat whole grain rice and legumes. I also don't use sugar, sweeteners or sodas.

It wouldn't hurt to experiment with losing the bread. Maybe if you reduce the bread to a couple times a week instead of everyday. You can still keep your carbs up to 60% using whole grains which I think is better for you anyway.
Taurie is offline   Reply With Quote