General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2002, 01:43 PM   #151  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Hi All. Sorry you haven't heard from me in so long. I have been so busy with school and family. I wish it were all over already. Crazy it just started. I have been getting my exercise. I have just been taking it a little easy since my fainting spell last week. I have been feeling better now that I am eating real food just in moderation. I actually had a .5 lb loss this morning which puts me at 6 lbs away from my mini goal. Yippppeeee for me.

I would like to see 175 by Christmas. I don't know if that is far fetched but I figure if I make an effort that would be good enough.

Well I must go I have research to do for my homework. Talk again.
Kina
Old 10-05-2002, 10:56 PM   #152  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hi everyone - I'm pooped out right now, as I worked my regular day then helped at a fireman's supper - was there 7 hours, but was a success. This was the event I was baking all kinds of goodies for all week, and I'm afraid I did succumb to tasting many things. but I 've been exercising each day, and pretty in-control at meals, so I hope it won't reflect in an inches gain.

I hate to be a bad news bearer, but the friend I mentioned about a month ago - with the breast cancer - passed away yesterday morning. It is so sad; she was only 47; and leaves two sons, 19 (my older son't best friend) and 22. I am so glad now that I sent her a little letter, and some food and desserts, and had my younger son write her a letter also, about a month ago.

She was a wonderful, caring, giving person, and it's just so unfair Her name was Diane, Di for short, and I want to honor her memory here, if I may.

She did smoke most of her life, even after her diagnosis; please, if anyone here smokes; you are probably sick and tired of people telling you to quit, but it's because they love you and don't want you to leave this earth too early.

I just need to grieve for her awhile, and then I will be back here

Your friend, Holly
Old 10-06-2002, 10:58 AM   #153  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Hey Kanola-the journal is a fabulous way to "keep it real." I write in mine everyday, and it not only helps with the eating and exercising, but I also have one page int eh back where I wrote my measurements and BMI, and will put in an antry once a month of those changes as well. You are so right about it being a motivator for exercising and limiting the "treats." It really helps when it is right there on paper.
This is where people easily gain weight-they totally underestimate what they eat each day. There are people I know who think they do not eat much, and wonder why they are heavy-from keeping such track of it myself, I now notice that one person consumes about 150 calories with each cup of coffee when I watch how much flavored creamer they use-well beyond the 1 tablespoon serving size...and the next drinks about 4 Pepsi's a day-equaling 600 calories, more if in plastic bottles and not cans...and so on. I am sure all of you are beginning to notice those same things as I am, now that we are all learning where the hidden calories are coming from, and learning by sight proper portion sizes.
I have had a very busy weekend, I did get to see Red Dragon last night-I was very happy wth the storyline, special effects, and the actors that played all of the characters-save one. I just was not real thrilled with the actor that played Will Graham (the investigator) he just didn't have the chemistry with Anthony Hopkins like Jodi Foster did...noone will ever be able to beat her performance, in my opinion.
Ralph Fiennes did a fabulous job though...
We had a nice weekend without the kids-we rented Scorpion King Friday night, then I went to storage yesterday and got some of my renaissance wear out so i can take it to the dry cleaners for the faire in 2 weeks-we ate out at Applebee's-and ladies-you all have to try to low fat bikini banana split...I think it was 260 calories...I had it with a half size low fat blackened chicken salad for 200 something calories-the nutrition info is on their website. It was a banana fat free shortcake, with pureed strawberries and banana slices on top, with a dollup of banana yogurt...YUM. Dinner and dessert for about 600 calories.
We also went to the zoo Friday before we took the kids to grandma's-I walked about 2 miles while we were there, so that was good.
Well, I better go-I have to pick up the kids today, and get my chemise and skirt to the dry cleaners...FUN. ha ha ha
Aphil
Old 10-06-2002, 11:00 AM   #154  

VM-so sorry to hear about your loss. I hadn't seen your post when I posted before. I am thinking of you.
Aphil
Old 10-06-2002, 03:05 PM   #155  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

So sorry to hear of your loss Vermontmom. Luckily we have memories to sustain the emptiness. I often think of my grandmother we loss a few years ago. Sometimes the memories are helpful but sometimes they are bittersweet. It is harder for me because we rent her house from my parents. They own it since her passing. We still have alot of her things here; it's hard. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and allowing us to be there for you. Take care. Many hugs to you and your family.

Kina
Old 10-06-2002, 03:21 PM   #156  

Thinking of you Holly, in your time of sorrow.

Hugs

Nancy
Old 10-07-2002, 08:10 AM   #157  
Crazy Candian in Aus

Wink Monday is over!

Hi everyone!

Holly.... I sent you a PM.... I am sending hugs your way.

Well... another day on track.... it is getting better and better! I went to a step class this morning at 6:15 am. It is a bit of a hassle. I drive and take my stuff to get ready with me. In order to get free parking at the train station I park there about 5:50 or so and then take my back pack of the girlie get ready gear on a half km walk to the gym. Whew!! I will be revising the necessity of 2 towels.... 2 brushes.... 15 velcor rollers..... 3 kinds of hairspray ( it wasn't that bad but close!!) After the class and my shower and prissy time in front of the mirror I walk again to the carpark, drop off my crap and take the train to work. It is a good plan! Hubby is going to join me on Wednesday morning, so he does not take as long as I do to get ready and will take the car to the station so I only walk one way. I don't mind the walk but he is not up to a walk and a work out yet on the same morning.

On another topic, I took a relaxation class tonight after dinner. It is a new one that they have at the gym and I have always wanted to try a yoga class, I have several DVD's. I took Tai Chi with a friend in Canada and LOVED it.

Funny story, at one class we had to pick a song with a partner and make up our own routine... we settled on Metallic, Enter Sandman because we felt it was very relaxing. Poor class nearly had a heartattack.... oh well. Something I remembered and got a bit off topic. (I really miss my loonie friend.... 11 more weeks until I am in Canada!)

Anyway...... this class has pilates, tai chi, yoga, stretching, balance, strength and relaxation. It totally rocked. It is my new Monday thing. I feel like work did not even happen today. I think I will have to dust off those yoga dvd's I bought over the last year. I find that I am alot more mellow at work and at home when I take 20 - 40 mins to myself every other day or so and just get rid of the bad vibes from the day.

Just a bit of a bla bla bla mellowed and relaxed bla bla bla from me tonight.

Off to make my lunch and take heavy items out of my 'girlie gear' back pack ..... have a good day everyone!! (as most of you are sleeping as it is about 6 am on the west coast right now!)

Nola.
Old 10-07-2002, 10:26 AM   #158  

Kanola,
Enter Sandman relaxing? You sound like my husband....
I totally agree with the Tai Chi and yoga being great refreshers...for any of you wanting to try it at home, I totally recommend a couple videos-Yoga for Dummies beginner workout-it is a great "learn all the poses" tape, and I have a set with two tapes called "a.m. yoga and p.m. yoga"-one to do in the morning, and one for evening. I don't do them all the time, but if I am feeling sore in the morning, or restless and stressed in the evening-they are great. You are so relaxed in the end. I greatly recommend buying a yoga mat or "sticky mat"-they sell them at some Wal-Marts and Targets, and online. It helps keep your feet from moving or sliding on the floor in some positions.
Today is weight training day (yay!) and I am revamping my eating a bit for a couple weeks to try and break this neverending plateau I seem to be in...I am cutting out refined carbs, and only eating whole grain ones or fruits/veggies as carbs, and cutting out my "treats" for a couple weeks-light ice cream, etc. I'll slowly add them back in when this plateau is over and I am losing again.
Well, I better go-I have a busy day and an awaiting workout ahead of me...have a good day ladies!
Aphil
Old 10-07-2002, 03:30 PM   #159  
a little eccentric! :)

Location: Wisconsin, but longing to go home to California soon!

VM, I'm so sad to hear about your loss

Things here are hectic. I'm finally over my binging-cause-of-period phase and had frozen custard last night because I had been good all day and could eat it and still stay "OP". I was happy about that... frozen custard, especially turtles, are SO incredibly yum. We also went raspberry picking on Sat as well as apple picking on Sunday... so now I have tons!! of fruit and I'm not sure what to do with it all If you guys have any good recipes, I'd LOVE them.

Here's a photo of me with raspberries:

Here, I embarass my dog by putting him in a sweater:

Last edited by alibee; 10-07-2002 at 03:34 PM.
Old 10-07-2002, 06:06 PM   #160  

Alibee-your dog looks REAL happy in that getup....ha ha ha
Old 10-08-2002, 01:33 AM   #161  

Hi everyone,,

Hope everyone is doing well. I am doing good myself.

OP and still as motivated as ever.
Off to the doctor tomorrow for the results of my bloodwork.

Wednesday I have to go for a second interview for a part time job I applied for and then to WW and then who knows what from there . DH wants to do something special for my b-day and I would just like to treat it as a normal day. Birthdays lack the excitement they use to hold when we were kids...He asked me what I wanted and he seemed surprised that I said I wanted the newly released DVD of Beauty and the Beast... Its my favortie Disney movie of all time...

Well have a great tomorrow everyone ...
see ya soon...

Nancy
ps... Alison...cute pics!
Old 10-08-2002, 09:17 AM   #162  

Nancy,
I plan on getting the new Beauty and the Beast release for my daughter for Christmas! I love it also!
As for your birthday, if you have a husband who want to do it up for you, LET HIM! Get yourself an angel food cake at Wal-Mart or the grocery store, and cut up some fresh strawberries to put on it for your birthday cake! Add a dollup of light Cool Whip and enjoy!
That is why I am going to the ren faire in two weeks-if Jason will take me away in a hotel for two days, and be willing to wear a costume for me-all for my birthday/our anniversary-he is going to do it!

I actually am making him sort of a secret thing to wear for it...I am just going to pack it and give it to him when we get to the hotel-an ivory muslin shirt that has the laces up the front, brown peasant styled pants, and a dark brown half cloak with a hood...he is so used to fabric being everywhere he doesn't even look at it anymore, so I haven't even had to hide anything...With that cloak, he is going to look sexy-like a Robin Hood or something like that.

I am still OP, and still working out well...yesterday my arms and shoulders were really hard after the weight training...I actually had to go lookat them in the mirror...they are actually starting to retain the firm curve in the bicep constantly now, not just after a workout...I cannot wait to get the extra pounds off so it will become more apparent.
I also now have a goal/occasion to look forward to next year, and an excuse to wear a figure flattering outfit.(arm bearing) My stepbrother and his fiance have finally set a date to get married-they have been together since he was a freshman in high school, and he is now a junior in college, and she is a senior in college. They have asked my daughter to be flower girl, and asked me to make the wedding flowers, and possibly Jasmine's dress. Even if I am not at goal, I will at least be 15-20 pounds thinner, and much more toned-so goal or not, I am wearing ana rm/shoulder bearing dress to that wedding in July!
Well, better get going-today is cardio day...and I have to fold towels! (fun, fun, fun)
Aphil
Old 10-08-2002, 11:01 AM   #163  
Biker Chick!

Hello everyone!

thank you all so much for your warm wishes and thoughts. The funeral was difficult - church packed with at least 250 people, not a dry eye in the place. I feel so for her sons; I know there is going to be a period of numbness, but then I hope they will realize that many people will be there to help them.

But the sun came out during her service; it was beautiful and peaceful at the cemetary; I placed three pink roses on her casket, one for Joe/I, and one from each of our sons; and wished her peace and rest. Okay, holly, stop crying now..!

Now on to us!

Yes, Kanola, Enter Sandman is so relaxing! I giggled also at your description of your pack of "girlie" stuff, and "prissy" time! But we have to primp a little, to look so good, right? That is great that you have found the yoga so beneficial.

Aphil, way to go to have such a good meal out (even with dessert) and have it at 600 cals!!! The renaissance faire sounds super. I hope Jason loves the outfit you're making. And congrats on seeing the muscle definition - that is so inspiring, isn't it!! Muscles on girls are sexy!!

Hi Nancy! I'm going to wish you Happy Birthday one day in advance, in case for some reason I don't post tomorrow. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GIRL!!! Getting better, getting better with each year... And good luck on your interview tomorrow!! What is the job?

Alison, you are such a goof! Loved the razzie picture; and purple IS your pooch's color! Does he really act embarassed? I don't doubt it - dogs can be so expressive.

Hi Kina! Thank you for your sympathy, too. It must be really difficult to be surrounded by your dear grandma's things. But maybe also comforting, to see her "live on".

I've had MANY food "indiscretions" in the past week; but am ready to buckle down and get back to regular. Have kept up with exercising; that is good.

GREAT news - dear husband is now trying to get healthier; he is walking whenever he can, either by himself or with the dog during the day; and we try to go out for a before-dark walk also. He also is trying to eat better. I'm so glad. Thinking of his heart and such...want to get it strong and keep it there!

I am on my second day in a row off now; got most of my "have-to-do's" done; and am making a picnic lunch to pack; husband and I are going to ride to Montpelier, hang out in the City Center to eat lunch and people watch, in our sunglasses and scary black leathers...

Have a GREAT day!!

Your friend, Holly
Old 10-08-2002, 11:07 AM   #164  
Biker Chick!

Kina - I just now caught reading about your fainting spell? What happened?

Love, Holly
Old 10-09-2002, 09:33 AM   #165  
a little eccentric! :)

Location: Wisconsin, but longing to go home to California soon!

Fainting? Where?
Closed Thread