General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 04-12-2010, 03:22 PM   #46  
19Deltawifey

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie824 View Post
I was a military wife for years Carly (husband now "retired") and during the first gulf war my husband deployed leaving me with 3 kids (9, 2 1/2, and 3 months.) He missed most of our youngest's first year. The only good thing was I actually lost about 30 pounds while he was gone without dieting!
It is definitely a lot easier to lose weight when they are gone, I usually gain it all back when he comes home. Its weird because he is the total opposite he will gain muscle and get all muscular while deployed but as soon as he would come back home he would lose weight and not be as muscular. He's 6'2 and weighs about 193 lbs everyone calls him skinny but he has a lean athletic build.

My son is almost 3yo and my daughter is almost 6yo, they are at a really good age and plus we have 1 of each so we are happy, and I don't think my little momma's boy could handle having a younger sibling lol.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:45 PM   #47  

I was wondering how everyone decides what to eat. Today I wanted both cereal and leftover roast beef and veggies. So I had a little of both. Sometimes one thing doesn't taste as good as I thought it might so I put that back and have something else. Other times nothing sounds good. The book says that is because you aren't hungry enough.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:09 PM   #48  
19Deltawifey

I try to eat what I'm craving. Lately I have been craving salty stuff like noodles, hot wings, or hot dogs. My cravings vary and I just try to stick to what my body wants and since I know I can have more later or in the future it makes it real easy to stop eating when I'm satisfied.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:29 AM   #49  
Intuitive Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolr3639 View Post
Sometimes one thing doesn't taste as good as I thought it might so I put that back and have something else.
I do this sometimes, too, Carol.

I'd call myself a "surveyor eater." Usually I'll look thru the fridge or pantry to see what I've got that looks good. Or if I've got leftovers from dinner sometimes I'll just eat those, if it appeals. But sometimes I do just get a craving for something and go out of my way to make it (I don't enjoy cooking very much) or at least plan it for dinner.

Last edited by Blue Serenity; 04-13-2010 at 09:30 AM.
Blue Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:34 AM   #50  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning all! Well, hubby and I made a deal, on our way home from work yesterday I was reading from "I Can Make You Thin" (my reading it to him is the only way he will "read" the book, he hates to read), and it talked about being addicted to the scale, which I am, and eating too fast, which he does, so I told him I would not weigh myself for the recommended 2 weeks if he slows down his eating, so we will see.
Carol-We try and cook food that we can eat on for a few days since we more or less work 7 days a week, Sunday we try and cook something that will last until we can cook again, today I am putting a roast in the slow cooker and will have that with white or red beans and rice, we will be able to have that for more or less the rest of the week, with our work schedule that is how we have to cook. My problem comes with snacking, how much is enough, etc., fruits alone just makes me hungrier so I sometimes have it with a few crackers and peanut butter.

Anyway I hope you all have a blessed day. tammy
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:45 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 150/130/125

Height: 5'4" 42 years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolr3639 View Post
Someone posted about IE on another part of this forum and I thought the replies interesting.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...ve-eating.html
Hi, it is me who posted….I am with you girls now. Great that EI have a little corner on the forum!!!
onthedietagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 10:53 AM   #52  
I am more than weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthedietagain View Post
Hi, it is me who posted….I am with you girls now. Great that EI have a little corner on the forum!!!
Welcome! There are a great bunch of wonderful people on this corner of the forum. I hope we can be of help and encouragement for you!!! Have a blessed day. Tammy
Old 04-13-2010, 11:04 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Good Morning Everyone,

onthedietagain We look forward to getting to know you.

Tammy Your hubby sounds like mine. He said he read all he wanted to read in college and does not read anything he doesn't have to any more. I too need to give up the scales. I don't weigh as much as I used to, but still probably weigh too often.

I eat pretty much whatever I feel that I want to eat. I feel sorry for Tony when I do that though, because sometimes I have no desire for anything in particular like today. We only eat one real meal each day and are grazers the rest of the day. Since I've started IE, I may have a plan one day and no plan on a day like to day.

I've been trying to eat more of the volumetrics types of food, fruits and veggies, which is very IE friendly and seems to work very well for me. I've been doing really well with it careful to put fruits or veggies even with what diets call the "junk" foods until yesterday when I suddenly had cravings for salty foods and overdid it (didn't add the veggies like I had been doing) I seemed to have a day of eat, eat, eat and boy did the scales show it this morning. I know I have a problem with too much salt and boy it was confirmed when I got on the scales this morning. Of course, I know it isn't really a true weight gain as much as it is mostly swelling of water gain which will go away, but it is a lesson learned. I'm also beginning to learn how certain foods make me feel or affects my body which I think is another process of IE.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:29 PM   #54  

Hi to all. Kind of busy for a few days.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:29 PM   #55  
I am more than weight.

Got a few minutes before I have to go and get supper and tomorrow's lunch started, I am putting a beef roast in the slow cooker, God Bless the inventor of the slow cooker! We will have it withe beans and rice or cream potatoes and corn or peas. Hubby and are not working together tomorrow, I am working with my daughter in law, whom I love dearly, but can she be a challenge! The girl can literally talk for 9 hours and I think without taking a breath!!! And she likes attention, so I will have to hear all her complaints about every little ache and pain, so pray for me that by the time 6pm comes around that I still love her!!!
Old 04-14-2010, 07:44 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Good Morning Ladies,

Today is my Bible study and I woke up waaayyyy too early this morning. Finally got up around 5 am so I will be ready for a nap when I get home.
Well, a lot of the water gain yesterday morning is gone this morning. Thank goodness.

Tammy We have a daugher in law like that as well. I never have to worry about what to talk about because she carries the conversation. I love her dearly but when we go to visit them, I can't stand more than a few days and I'm ready to leave. Her Daddy has nothing to do with her and her Mom and grandmother that she was close to are dead. So I think when she gets with me, she feels like she has a Mom to talk to. The only thing is she doesn't need any advice since she seems to think she already knows everything. I hope your day goes well.

Blue I like that "surveyor eater". I do that to. I don't know about you, but I've learned that sometimes when I do that I'm not "really" hungry because I can't find anything that looks or sounds good.

carolr We will miss you the few days you aren't here.

Catch y'all later.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:20 AM   #57  

Still here but a little busy. I really blew it last night if that is possible. I took seconds on supper and felt sick for a couple of hours. Will I ever learn? To top it off we had company in the evening and my dh served a cake some one had brought into work. I really didn't want any but ate a bite of my hubby's and ended up eating half a piece. Ugh.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:15 PM   #58  
19Deltawifey

Quote:
Welcome to the group

I'm officially NOT preggo woohoo!!!

Almost finished reading my book and I'm not obsessing about food anymore.

I have been browsing the rest of 3fc and I was like wow I used to be 1 of those people who would beat myself up for eating "junk food" or not losing weight or just going insane by my cravings. But now my mind is so clear and I'm able to focus on important stuff rather then food. I no longer think about the next meal and now I can stop eating when I'm satisfied. Food doesn't taste as good when I'm no longer hungry and thats when I know to stop.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:52 PM   #59  

The problem I have with the idea of waiting till you are "hungry enough" is that I tend to eat too fast and too much if I'm really hungry. I can't wait to get the book and see what it says about that!

Do any of you have those personal blogs on here? I started one, but so far not much to say in it. If you have then, and are doing IE I would love to read them/

Bonnie
bonnie824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:47 PM   #60  
Intuitive Eater

Quote:
Welcome onthedietagain ... or should I say OFFthediet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlyjordon2002 View Post
I'm officially NOT preggo woohoo!!!

Almost finished reading my book and I'm not obsessing about food anymore.

I have been browsing the rest of 3fc and I was like wow I used to be 1 of those people who would beat myself up for eating "junk food" or not losing weight or just going insane by my cravings. But now my mind is so clear and I'm able to focus on important stuff rather then food. I no longer think about the next meal and now I can stop eating when I'm satisfied. Food doesn't taste as good when I'm no longer hungry and thats when I know to stop.
Congratulations on not being pregnant. (Since you're happy not to be.) And super congrats for grasping IE so easily! You go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie824 View Post
The problem I have with the idea of waiting till you are "hungry enough" is that I tend to eat too fast and too much if I'm really hungry. I can't wait to get the book and see what it says about that!
One suggestion, try drinking a glass of water just before your meal to help take the edge off a bit. That may help you slow down.

Hello to everyone! Not the best two days for me. Still refusing to listen to hunger. I start out OK and then get off track later in the day. I think it's because I REALLY need to go to the grocery store so my "survey eating" has been to grab whatever is available and convenient ... a major set-up for me to eat when I'm not really hungry, since I'm probably not satisfying my true eating desires and eating carby stuff that causes me to crave. Hopefully when I get some more food in the house it will be easier for me.
Blue Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote