General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 04-18-2010, 11:19 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Height: 5'4"

Hey Yall,

I take a break and we have people. I have been off and on this thing and life keeps on happening. So this week I am going to concentrate on exercising. Next week I will start the detox phase. I have to do major planning for everything. On the other note this semester is almost over with and I am passing everything.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:02 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 171.4/161.4/145

Height: 5'5

Boy Tonya,
your experience in temptation was mine today. I was really not into my lunch after having breakfast on the run. But I too was able to stick to my guns and just finished supper just fine.
My pd was up again today, which I figured afer the amounts of food I had yesterday. This just shows me how I react to food when I am way too tired, I overdo before I have the chance to get the signal that I am full. One more day and I can go to Phase II, but have already decided to really watch the calories then and brace myself for temptations.
bubu59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:05 PM   #78  

life4evr,
I am looking fwd to seeing how you do. Yeah it takes a bit of prep time to get started. I have all these tupperware containers in my fridge with ready to go foods. So in that sense its easier than some other plans, yet.
But the 9 days and water weight loss sure gets on in the mood to keep going.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:47 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Height: 5'4"

bubu59 yeah that has been mine issue. I am still struggling with the whole eating during my clinical day. Lack of sleep also. But I am making an effort. One day at a time.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 08:50 AM   #80  
Trying my best

S/C/G: 167.5/150/130

Height: 5'3

I am really discouraged. I started phase1 last Monday, by last Wednesday I had weighed myself and had lost 2.5 lbs which really encouraged me. This morning I weigh myself again and I am back to where I started?

I gave up sodas over a yr ago..and gained weight...most ppl lose!

Since starting phase 1 I have completely cut out ALL junk food, no candy, sweets, ice cream...no chips...no snacking in between meals....I stopped eating an hour and half to 2 hours before bed. I've started doing cardio twice a day, 30 in the morning and 30 in the evening. I'm only eating what I am supposed to be.

So what gives? WHAT is wrong with me? I just don't see how I am not losing like most people do on this? There is no reason medically for it that I am aware of. I just don't get it.

Last edited by Tonyia; 04-20-2010 at 09:21 AM.
Tonyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:44 PM   #81  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyia View Post
I am really discouraged. I started phase1 last Monday, by last Wednesday I had weighed myself and had lost 2.5 lbs which really encouraged me. This morning I weigh myself again and I am back to where I started?

I gave up sodas over a yr ago..and gained weight...most ppl lose!

Since starting phase 1 I have completely cut out ALL junk food, no candy, sweets, ice cream...no chips...no snacking in between meals....I stopped eating an hour and half to 2 hours before bed. I've started doing cardio twice a day, 30 in the morning and 30 in the evening. I'm only eating what I am supposed to be.

So what gives? WHAT is wrong with me? I just don't see how I am not losing like most people do on this? There is no reason medically for it that I am aware of. I just don't get it.
GIRL, stay off the scale, it's EVIL!!!!! I usually try not to weigh myself more than one a week.
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 06:23 PM   #82  

I am on day 9 and was at 164.4 this morning so the 'creepy' pd was back down. I will start Phase 2 tomorrow, but will continue to log calories.
Tonya, not sure what it may be, but I feel with you. I too can go up and down on the scale and be all over the place within a month. Since starting Perimenopause though I have been able to almost pinpoint those days when that may happen, and only hope each time I don't fall for the cravings and make it stick.
The other day I totally went overboard with the legal foods and had a pd more on the scale. BUT when I say overboard it was for my body, not the amounts allowed. I seem to fare best on this plan by staying in the 1100 to 1200 calorie range. But the difference in calories didn't make me gain, its water weight and food weight eaten.
And thats exactly what these 9 days are, getting rid of water weight and giving the liver a break. I also know when I introduce dfferent foods I may hold onto more water, or if I use salt freely or condiments.
New exercise can also keep water in the body. It is a sign of repairing itself. A day of rest will usually take that off again. An I have to say that with my knee, hip and back problems, I have not done my usual exercise, which used to be every 5 am for 1-1.5 hrs. 4 days/week aside from walking the dog.

So all I can suggest is keep a journal, mark the calories and try to keep a journal, so u have an overview how your body may react to diff. things.
Good Luck to you
Hugs,
Bu
Old 04-20-2010, 08:34 PM   #83  
Trying my best

Thanks Bu! I have not taken a day off of exercise either..I also have hip and back issues but I have been forcing myself to do the workouts because I was afraid of gaining..
Old 04-20-2010, 09:41 PM   #84  

Tonya
Short of cutting my limbs off, I have decided that whenever there is pain there is no gain in feeling well. Muscle pain I can handle, but this is pain that races me to the ibu bottle in the middle of the night. When there is no pain I go on and work out, the days it is hurting, I don't.
But yeah the fear of gaining can be controlling..don't let it. I have wasted alot of time doing just that. You have a life, you don't need an obsession. Just make sure you log all your food, measure, weigh eyeball it after a while and keep the calories constant for a week. See how it plays itself out. Consider your workout calories but don't compensate too much by going overboard. Don't make it stress, or it will all lead to burnout. And get lots of sleep at night to refuel and let the water go.
Life is too short to constantly worry.
This is it for me, if it doesn't work I will move on but am tired of beating myself up over it. Get mad at the food and drug industry, for making sure we stay overweight to feed their pockets. That is my biggest motivator right now...back to basics.
One basic is no more little snacks to keep 'the metabolism burning', it ends up in too much food at the end of the day. Real hunger, feeling weak kind, and a yoghurt or fruit will do, once/day...and all natural foods only is the mantra for me.

Sorry for rambling.....bed time for this girl
Hugs
Old 04-20-2010, 11:03 PM   #85  
Trying my best

I meant to add that I am at 166 lol I started at 167.5 and also on day 9!
Old 04-21-2010, 11:23 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 129/see ticker/110

Height: 5'1"

Hi everyone. I haven't been on in a while as I haven't been able to get off the bad carbs and stick to the detox. Eating poorly for one week in Italy really screwed me up. My weight is still up too! At least my exercise is good. I was doing so well before my trip.

I have a hard time just sticking to a few days of detox to get rid of the cravings. What makes it worse is that carbs make me soooo tired.

I'm going back home next month and I'd like to get my weight back where it was before Italy. I'm finding it really difficult to cut out carbs again, but know that once I do it's smooth sailing.

How do you cope?

Tanyia - how did you resist the cravings?

Last edited by Taurie; 04-21-2010 at 11:25 AM.
Taurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:28 AM   #87  
Trying my best

I was fine not craving anything too bad but yesterday I had to make homemade lasagna for the family and I cannot even begin to tell you how bad I wanted a piece. I just kept pushing through telling myself that I am never gonna be where I want to be by giving in. I really hate my body right now and getting it where I want it seems to be the biggest motivating/crave busting factor.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:44 PM   #88  

Hi all,
I was really on the verge this morning. I got hit with this imense hunger/weak feeling and was fighting the urge to give in.
So I kept it small, had a banana and got busy. It took about 10 minutes but the hunger went away. In all I have it much easier in the sense because it's just my daughter and I.
If I had to make lasagne, I guess I would have made a tomatoe, mushroom, pepper sauce to go with rice to get a similar taste. Beans I am really tired of right now, so will do a couple of days without.

Today is day 10, and I weighed in at 163.4 which is a 8 pd loss for phase one. I had a grilled chicken salad for lunch which included 1 egg, lettuce, 1 tbsp of dressing and a bit of cheese. Then I didn't even have time to think of food and ended up with little time tonight..so it was oatmeal with strawberries, skim milk and a yoghurt. This concludes day one on phase II.
Just being able to have my grilled chicken salad is wonderful, I live on that any other time. My calories came in at 830, but I feel full tonight.

As far as coping, not sure if I am or not. I fight as well, except I don't want to be obsessed with it, for right now I want to be just done with it all, but alas it takes a bit of a fight.
I so hope the plan shows some results for you gals, I really compliment you for sticking to it with just 1.5 pd loss. Not sure if I would have been able to stick it out all 9 days.
Gotta go to bed, night
Old 04-22-2010, 06:05 AM   #89  

Default Joining in

Hello ladies,
If possible I would like to join you all. I am on day 4 and feeling pretty good (other than this constant little headache). I am pretty sure it will stick if I can make it past the weekend! Any suggestions? I tend to blow it on the weekends. Also, I will be finish with phase 1 Monday. I will travel on Sunday for seven days. I am in Japan so I have a hard time getting a lot of the resources y’all have in the States. Any suggestions on ways to travel and stick to Fat Smash? I would love to hear any suggestions you have!
thanks
Yokosuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:29 AM   #90  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

Yokosuka...you must be military?

I had a very bad day yesterday...TOM cravings...I gave in. I won't disclose the details but it was VERY bad. UGH.

Today's a new day...
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote