General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 04-21-2010, 03:18 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good afternoon ladies.

Just went to lunch with a friend. I had 1/2 egg salad on ww and cup of tomato soup. Not great but not too bad.

I am actually down 3 lbs since last week. I am not excted about it b/c with my scale it depends on where you stand and with the water wt who knows. Clothes don't feel any different.

Mercee, congrats on your loss I love your attitude about doing it for your health instead of wt loss. Maybe that attitude will help you keep going and keep it off. I hope your niece loses what she needs before her trip. If she continues to walk with you, she should have no problem.

Toni, congrats on your loss too. You are under the 200 mark and that is wonderful I wouldn't worry about the tacos. Probably not the worst thing you could have eaten. I hope they get your deck built, we are supposed to get rain on Friday so I guess you will get it sooner. I love getting new furniture. How did you like BL last night? It was so sad. I watched my soap right before that and it was so sad and then BL was sad, I was crying all night. Everyone left is a tight group, I don't know who will go home next week. I really hope they do the makeover show soon. I can't wait to see if they cut off Michael and Darius' hair. Both of them need a change. I bet Sam will go next if he falls below the line. He sure looks great.

I have bunco tonight. That is never good eating, or should I say healthy eating and drinking. But boy am I looking forward to it.

Have a great eveing.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:51 PM   #92  

Just a quick check in. I just remembered to weigh myself! I am down one pound! It may have been more if I had weighed this morning, but I will just claim one and give myself a jump start for next week!

I am working on a painting - I am using a picture I took of my grand daughter a few months ago when we were out for lunch. I love the photo, and I want it to turn out well. I am feeling a bit afraid to jump in and get the colors on the skin though. I finished the painting I was doing for class last night and brought it home. I posted a picture of it on facebook and have gotten some nice comments.

CONGRATS! to all the losers this week!

COUNTRY: According to my farmer boy husband, collards are a winter crop..you plant them in the mid summer to harvest after the first frost. He claims they taste better with some frost on them! I tried to talk him into Swiss chard, but no go! At least he planted spinach!
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 09:49 PM   #93  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good evening!

Howdy ya'll. We are having a blast on vacation. Not doing a lot but doing it together and breaking our routine. I did go to the eye doctor today and other than needing readers my eyes are GREAT. Far away is not a problem. He said over the counter readers are fine so I can keep on using them. I do need to go up a magnification to keep from having to strain. Probably gonna go up to a 1.50...a 1.75 wouldn't hurt.

Those of you over at facebook know my eating is a shame shame shame. Before yesterday's buffet I was gonna be down some weight but now I am about the same. Hopefully the mushrooms won't up it a pound. Tomorrow I am truly gonna be back on the water an healthier foods.

I really miss you guys and hope to be a better poster/responder soon.

Love and hugs,
Crystle

P.S. Caught a bass at the pond tonight and Jess caught a cat..woo hoo We threw them back.
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:48 AM   #94  

Morning! I am heading out in just a bit to visit with an old friend. Her daughter and husband live in an apartment in her basement, and she keeps my granddaughter while my daughter is working. SO, we will have lunch, and I will get some Bella time! We are planning on going to some kind of Asian fusion place, so I am assuming I can find low fat vegan stuff.

I woke up this morning with more aches and pains than normal. This is a good sign, in some ways. As you lose weight, the fat cells will release stored toxins, and if you have certain health problems, like RA, or Lupus, joint problems can flare. I have Lupus, and I am figuring my joint problems that have flared some of late are from weight loss. I am going to double up on the water and hope to flush them out soon.

Not much else to report, so I will go get dressed and get this day in motion! Have a good one, everyone!

Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:54 AM   #95  

Morning ladies:

This board sure has come alive. I walked in the woods on the trail yesterday and I feel good. I guess the next couple of days I will be back to the treadmill it is suppose to rain all weekend starting tomorrow. I'm blessed to have a treadmill. I won't complain.

Solly- Congrats on your great loss. Hope you enjoyed bunco last night.

Ellen- Congrats to ou on your loss. I bet your painting is beautiful. Enjoy your lunch.

Crystle= I'm glad you are enjoying your vacation, continut to have a wonderful time.

Toni- I know you will check in soon . I hope you are having a great day.

Gotta go. Have a great day everyone. I am wearing another dress that was to small beofre. Yipee.

Last edited by Mercee; 04-22-2010 at 10:55 AM.
Mercee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:53 AM   #96  

Happy Earth Day everyone. They're working on the deck again today and only will have to come back next week and put up the tin on the roof. Also the new couch should be delivered this afternoon. So we're all set. Just had a poached egg on toast and a tiny glass of juice. Now hope I get off my butt and walk on the treadmill soon.

Solly- Are you having a busy day today?

Ellen-Hope you have a good visit with your friend and find the right food to eat. That would be a real job here. They only know fried stuff and lots of meat here in this small town.

Mercee- Its raining here too. And we're supposed to get all week. Couldn't happen at a worse time. Keep up on that treadmill.

Crystle- Enjoy your vacation, we all need a break now and then.

Okay off I go......
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 12:17 PM   #97  

Good morning or should I say afternoon ladies. I have been cleaning up some presentation books and storing them away. So my morning has been busy thank goodness. When we are bidding lots of work we are craqzy busy, but when not, it is so slow. I hate slow.

Bunco was enjoyable. I won a nice tray for summer.

Mercee, Nothing like shopping in your closet. It's a good eeling to wear those smaller lothes and it is free! Keep up the good work.

Crystle, enjoy your family time. you are quiet the fisherwoman. Glad you can get by with just readers for now. Bi-focals loom in the future.

Toni, hurry up and send us that rain. We need to get it overwith for all the Derby festivities next week and of course for Derby day. Hope you enjoy your couch.

Ellen, Hope you have a nice lunch with your friend and your granddaughter. I have never heard that about the pain with wt loss. When I lost those 105 lbs awhile ago, I don't remember noticing more pain other than my back pain. Congrats on your l lb.

I'm off to check out Ellen's picture on FB and Crystle's shameful eating. ha-ha. Have a great day
Old 04-22-2010, 06:31 PM   #98  

Default Good afternoon

Howdy ya'll. Today's eating has been okay. Not legal but not excessive. The guys are getting some more worms so we can do a little fishing this evening. It's kinda cloudy and windy today so we were not able to get out to the lake like we had hoped. But it worked out as I got some chores done.

Solly...congratulations on winning your tray. It's always fun to win. If you are like me it doesn't have to be big though big is nice too..LOL

Toni..how cool you are getting a deck. I bet you will just love being outside using it.

Mercee..wtg walking and using your treadmill. Exercise is the main missing factor of my weight loss. I'm lacking motivation. I'll have it super strong for a day or two then waffle. I have been faithful with my strength training though.

Ellen..I had such a blast with you on facebook yesterday. We were at the pond and the guys asked me what I was giggling about.

((Everybody)) You ladies ROCK!

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Old 04-23-2010, 02:53 PM   #99  

Goodness the board is slow today.

Killing time until tiome to go home. It is boring when we are slow. No big plans for the weekend other than shopping all day tomorrow. DH is playing in a golf outing and I have to find something to wear to the track on Thursday, party that evening and then a top for a Derby party on Sat. Wehave been invited to a breakfast for the Oaks on Friday with Guy Ferriri (sp) from the Food network. That should be fun. I will just wear what I wear to the track on Thursday. I'm sure it won't be fun when nothing fits and looks horrible. I can't wait to get to the new dr in a couple weeks. Scale is moving down but my clothes are feeling it.

We went for a mile walk last night but DH had already taken one walk with the dog and today he jumped off the bed and hurt his leg. DH said he was fine at lunch. But I wonder if the walks were too much for him. He has something wrong with his hip and she said be careful of his jumping. We keep telling him not to jump, but he doesn't listen. ha-ha.

My youngest is taking the gRE as I write this. Say a prayer he passes so she can start in the masters program next month. She has sure studied hard for it.

Crystle, enjoy your fishing tonight. Our weather is cool and rainy here.

Ellen, Toni & Mercee, hope you all have a great weekend.

I will try to check in this weekend.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:10 PM   #100  

Happy Sat. all.....
Old 04-25-2010, 07:34 PM   #101  

I've had a great Sunday. We went to Lowe's garden dept. and I got my herbs for the big herb pot I do yearly. Got some basil, chives, parsley, thyme and rosemary. Can't wait to get them all planted and growing good. I also got a nice strawberry plant. We stopped and had a breakfast for lunch and it wasn't legal. I've got to buckle down and get back to eating right. But its been a good Sunday....
Old 04-25-2010, 08:05 PM   #102  

Sunday evening 8:00 and I am just sitting down. I got my hair done at 8:30 this morning and then cleaned house, ate a quick lunch and ran to the grocery. Then DD & I ran out to Kohls to check out a dress and then we fixed dinner and ran and got a spray tan and now I am sitting down.

Saturday we shopped for 8 hours looking for a dress and some type of top. Exhausting and discouraging. Everthing looked horrible. My DD was so disguested with herself too. This is going to be a busy week but come Sunday or Monday I am back to the gym and exercising. I go to the new dr and I will have a new resolve.

Toni, sounds like you had a nice Sunday. Did your deck get finished? Are all your herbs in separare pots? I love to cook with fresh herbs. I'm just good at it. I will try some this year too. We don't plant our flowers or anything else until after Derby just to make sure there is no frost.

Looks like a nasty rainy week. The oinly clear day is Thursday and that is the day of the big party and the day we go to the track. You just don't ever know what to wear with the crazy weather.

Crystal, hope you are enjoying the last day of your vacation.

Ellen and Mercee, hope you had a great weekend.

Pardon all my typos, I am using my DD's computer and it has such a different touch.

Talk to you all tomorrow. Sweat dreams
Old 04-25-2010, 08:27 PM   #103  

Solly- The herbs are in indivial pots but I put them one long plastic tub. But I can bring it in if it starts to freeze. I'll do my tomatoes in buckets later on. We got our deck finished and I think this week we'll be getting a ceiling fan for it and maybe a chimney pot to put on it. I really do love sitting out and grilling. We've had rain for days. Sounds like you shopped till you dropped!!!! Have a good evening......
Old 04-26-2010, 10:00 AM   #104  

Default Good morning

Well, vacation is over and back to real life. I will not even begin to share all my food indiscretions as the list would take up this whole board. Part of the over eating I was okay with and the part I was not. Mindless eating always upsets me with myself. I could have not eaten the chips and things like that and would have felt better about the whole thing. But it is what it is and the scales reflect that this morning. Good thing weigh in is Wed. maybe I will be able to hope for staying the same this week if I can do well for the next couple of days.

The vacation itself was nice. We spent a lot of time reflecting on how blessed we are and just enjoying each other. We spent time at our pond and even made it to the lake once. The guys actually went twice. They snuck back last night after we came home. I used that to get some quiet time.

Toni...your herb garden is going to be so nice. I love the way they smell when the wind blows. This weekend I used some dill from the garden for the first time. It was really tasty and added a lot of flavor to the refrigerator pickles. They were just cucumber slices with balsamic vinegar, agave syrup, a touch of salt and a sprig of dill. By day two the dill was more pronounced.

Solly...try not to let trying on clothes keep your down. Trying on clothes always reminds me of how far I have to go instead of how far I have come. And in your case you have come a long way and are doing GREAT. You'll get where you are headed. And the derby sounds so fun. Just told my hubby your were gonna met Guy and I was jealous in a good way.

Ellen...hope you are having a great workout this morning. I've yet to make it out the door as you can see. Trying to catch up.

Mercee..thank you so much for the well fished on vacation. It was very nice. The weather threatened to be nasty but a lot of it went around us and we just had to battle with the wind. You are doing awesome with your trail walking. Keep up the good work.

((everybody)) Hope this is the start of a SUPER week. Remember each of you is truly a blessing and the BEST you there is.

God bless,
Crystle
Old 04-26-2010, 12:25 PM   #105  

Good afternoon ladies:

I had a nice weekend even though it rained hard this whole weekend. Friday night we had family movie night at home with our sons, oldesest son's fiancee and hubby and me. We had a great time.

Saturday went shopping hubby and me and Sunday church. I took my friend's daughter shopping to help her get a b-day gift for her mom after church yesterday.

Crystle- It is great you enjoyed your vacation so much. I'M sure you will get your eating back together this week. Don't be so hard on yourself you were on vacation.

Solly- Sometimes shopping can be so depressing sometimes we just don't find what we are looking for. Don't let it get you down. I hope you and your new dr really hit it off. Sometimes we need to get inspired again.

Toni- Glad to hear your deck is finished. I hope you really enjoy it.

Gotta go now. Have a great day everone.
Mercee is offline   Reply With Quote