General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 04-09-2010, 10:35 AM   #46  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good morning

I didn't get a lot accomplished yesterday but I did mow part of the front yard for my exercise. I mowed for about 30 minutes. I might do the other part today or maybe walk. Not sure yet. The boys and I had a fantastic evening yesterday. After we grilled and devoured some brisket, buttermilk potatoes and garden carrots we went fishing in the pond. I caught the first little keeper. We are catching them for a friend. She and her son just love perch. After fishing we had some sugar free cocoa by the fire. It was a little cool so we also snuggled in a blanket. All that fresh air had me out like a light at bedtime.

Daily Email Tip:
Emphasize Healthy Fats
Fats have gotten a bad rap over the years. However, all fats are not creative equal. There are good fats and bad fats. Good fats come from fish, nuts, avocados, seeds, olive oil and other foods. While they are high in calories, these foods contain omega-3s and omega-6s which are actually health-enhancing properties. These fats are responsible for improving conditions ranging from heart health to depression. Avoid bad fats such as saturated fats found in animal products like meat, dairy and eggs, and trans fats found in processed foods such as fries, chips, cakes and cookies.

I've found eating healthy fats like those in avocado and nuts help me to lose a little better even though they are higher in calories. That being said as you can tell this year I'm not burning up the scales with weight loss. There has to be an age connection or something because when I started SB I lost all of my weight fast and was able to keep it off. Now it seems stuck like glue.

Hope and pray ya'll are having a good day. Hope our ladies start posting again.

God bless,
Crystle
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 03:40 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi ladies, it is so quiet here. Only me and another girl here today. So we aren't doing a lot. ha-ha

Back to our happy hour on Fridays since the fish frys are over. I will watch my wine consumption but I am not giving it up all together. Life is short.

Crystle what a great evening you had. So much fun and togetherness.

Toni, it was cold here today too. It is supposed to warm up tomorrow and Sunday and should be a beautiful weekend. I miss Gator too, but she is involved in the boards over there and I doubt she would come back.

Have a great weekend. I will try to check in over the weekend. I have to get on the computer for some tires so I will check in.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 06:13 PM   #48  

Default Howdy

Good evening. I am so pleased with myself today. I walked for over thirty minutes and mowed for over an hour. I broke the mowing into to sessions. It feels good to get off my lazy tushy. And trust me my tushy is lazy. Eating has been decant as well.

Thank you Solly. I really enjoy those rare moments with my boys. We sometimes take it for granted that we live in the country or that we have schedules that allow us to find together time. Enjoy your happy hour.

Toni...hope it warmed up today.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Old 04-09-2010, 09:35 PM   #49  

Wow Crystle you did great today. Bet you feel so good tonight. Keep up the good work.

Solly- Have a great week end. Wish we would go somewhere for Happy Hour. LOL Which is not going to happen in this little town.

Have a great week end.
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 11:57 AM   #50  

Hi. I know when you guys used to have a separate forum, there were some great recipe threads. Did those all get removed from the site?
Amie
jazzmegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 07:05 PM   #51  

Amie- I don't know how to get to them. Hopefully they aren't lost for ever. I sure miss using them.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:42 PM   #52  

Gosh is it just the 3 of us now????? Where is everyone??
Eating has been decent. Just got in from taking the dog for a short walk. My GS has hada fever of 104 since last night. I went out and stayed with him while they went to the grocery. He is fine and startring to crawl until the fever creeps up. You could tell he was sick by his eyes. I am going out to stay with him until noon tomorrow and my youngest gets out of class and can keep him.

Toni, make your own happy hour with your DH. A glass of wine won't hurt you.

Crystle, wow girl, you make me tired. I watched my DH cut the grass, does that count. I did blow it off for him. I bet you see a good loss come Wed or I forgot, don't you weigh on Mondays?

It was a beautiful weekend. I sat in the sum and read, we grilled out. I didn't want it to end.

Talk to you tomorrow afternoon hopefully.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:01 PM   #53  

Hope everyone had a good Sunday. It was beautiful here. I got 1 load of wash done and then lazied out. We grilled for dinner. Other than that its been a quiet day.

Solly- So sorry about your Grandson being sick. Poor little guy.

Hello where are you all....
Old 04-12-2010, 11:14 AM   #54  

Good morning Ladies!

I am Back at work after being off since March 31st for spring break. I had a great and busy time. I am busy since it is my first day back. I walked while I was on vacation and feel great. Have agreat day everyone. I will return later.
Mercee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 03:04 PM   #55  

Default Good afternoon

Howdy ya'll. We had a very nice weekend. Nothing major happened it was just nice. Last night I spent some time outside reflecting on all the blessings that God has given me and my family. Some of those which we take for granted like living in the country, being able to fish in the pond or just having quiet moments on the porch. There are so many that don't have these things.

I was excited this morning to put on a pair of pants I bought to get into by the summer. Even with no real weight loss they fit fairly well. About five more pounds and I think they will look good. The best part is they are a 12. Don't get me wrong, I am NOT a size 12 but it still was a boost to put them on.

Eating has been good so far today. I had a few no-no's over the weekend but I don't believe I went over calories. Example...1/2 bbq sandwich on white bread. The bbq was homemade so legal. Just had the white bread. Same thing at dinner time. We had sausage dogs on bread. At least it was a chicken sausage.

I really like today's email tip. It is a good reminder that it's not all about giving things up but making other choices.

Daily Email Tip:
Give Your Food A Flavor Boost
You love burgers, but you're watching your waistline. That doesn't mean you have to resort to eating a dry patty of meat. Sure, you'll want to ditch the chili, the cheese and the mayo. However, you can still enjoy a burger that packs a mean punch without overdoing it. Dress up your burger with healthy extras. Lettuce, pickles, tomato, avocado, salsa, mustard and ketchup are all acceptable toppings that won't tack on a ton of fat and calories.

Mercee...welcome back to the board. It's been quiet so it will be nice to have some more input. Plus, it's just not the same without you. WTG walking on vacation.

Solly...so sorry your grand baby is feeling poorly. It is so stressful when their fevers get that high. You had me laughing so hard at you watching hubby mow the grass. And you are quiet the helper blowing it off of him..LOL

Toni..so glad you are getting some of this lovely weather. As much as I hate to say it we could use some rain. The garden really needs it. You were so right I was tired the other night. I slept so hard. It was great.

Ellen...hope you are having a good day. I noticed you sounded discourage on facebook. Hang in there.

((Everybody))

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Old 04-12-2010, 03:43 PM   #56  

Good afternoon ladies. I could get into working these half days. The babie's fever is down but he is still pitiful acting. Cranky, wants to be held and sleeps a lot. He is congested and hoarse sounding. He wouldn't sleep in his bed so his daddy is very tired today.

Mercee, welcome back. we have missed you. Good job getting those walks in.

Toni, it's good when you can be lazy on your weekend. That's something that doesn't happen to me very often, but I also enjoyed it.

Crystle, Good tip. It is all about choices. I had to laugh, I must have made a typo in my last post. I didn't blow the grass off my Dh, I blew it off the sidewalk, driveway and patio. How funny. I was using my DD's computer and I am not used to it. When I sit int he ho tub at night, I always use that time to count my blessings and pray some. I love sitting there on a clear night just watching the stars.

Ellen, we are missing you over here. Pleae share some of yoru FB time with your SB friends.

Off to finish my pb and celery. Have a great eveing.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:37 PM   #57  

Hello, Ladies! Solly messaged me on Facebook and I felt badly that I had not checked in lately. So, here I am!

I am trying to stick completely to the Vegan diet and it is working well. My blood sugars are down a LOT, and I have dropped one of my worst meds. (the one that makes it really hard to lose weight) I also am down a few pounds. Now, I am not getting excited about that yet, because I was UP a few....when I get below the last official low, I will be excited.

I am finding it not so hard to eat Vegan, but terribly hard to also avoid gluten. I go for a few days great guns, then I get bored. I am constantly searching for new recipes, and trying to plot and plan. Tom started a detox diet today and I am at wits end planning meals for his diet and mine.

I got a job! Its teaching art one day a week at an academy for home schooled children. It starts in August and I am very excited about it. The pay is great and I know I will LOVE working with the kids.

I went to Water Aerobics this morning. We had a sub and she worked us really hard! I rode up to Whole Foods with a friend after class. She got a new puppy and needed a special kind of dog food. I got some gluten free meat substitutes to try. Most have gluten in them, so it makes getting protein a bit more creative!

COUNTRY: Thanks for the kind words...I was not too discouraged, and I think I got things worked out well. I really try not to be cryptic on FB, as I hate when folks do that! Let me know how you like the recipes. I keep finding more to try..will pass them along. I made stuffed collard leaves yesterday and was excited to have a new way to fix collards!

Solly: Thanks for stalking me! Feel free to remind me whenever I have not been here often enough! Tell Gator she ought to come back and advise everyone. Glad to hear she has done so well.

JAZZMEGIRL-AMIE: When they moved the Sugar busters out of their own forum area the recipes were all deleted along with the forum. I was sick about that, but there was nothing I could do about it. I did ask if they could be saved, but was told there was no way.

I will try and be more consistent with my posting. I want to remember to weigh on Wednesday, as I am hoping to continue to see positive results.

Last edited by Ellen; 04-12-2010 at 04:40 PM.
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:53 PM   #58  

Sorry I've been a slug today. Was gone to town most of the afternoon. Now I'm woren out and will have to post more later or tomorrow... Hugs everyone.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:45 AM   #59  

Morning ladies:

How is everyone today. I had a great evening last night I walked the trail in the woods 3.6 miles. I will have to walk on my tr4admill tonight because I have a busy schedule this evening. I love walking outside.

Solly- I hope your grandson is better today? I use to hate when my kids were mall and they got sick they can be so pitiful.

Ellen- I'm glad your vegan diey is working for you that is great. Being able to come off one of your meds is wonderful. Keep up the good work. I know you are excited to see weightloss this soon.

Toni- It is okay to have a lazy weekend. I wish I could have one soon. LOL

Crystle- Isn't it great to feflect over how God has blessed us. Sometimes we can forget when things aren't going well, so it is good to remeber his track record with us . He is truly amazing!

Have a great day everyone. I'll check in later.
Mercee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 01:09 PM   #60  

Default Good afternoon

Howdy ya'll. Sitting here eating my rice cake nachos. I just took two cheese flavored rice cakes and topped them with refried beans, fat free cheese and jalapenos. Not bad at all and is satisfying that need to crunch. I did walk this morning but only for about 20 minutes. Figured it was better than not at all.

Email Tip:
Lose Weight Like A Celebrity...Not!
All that glitters isn't gold. It's hard not to be jealous of those superstars who shed massive amounts of post-partum pounds in a matter of months while the rest of us are left battling the bulge for at least a year. However, when it comes to celebrity weight loss after giving birth, results are not typical. Many of these stars engage in strenuous workouts with a personal trainer while a chef busily prepares their meals. Your best bet is to follow a healthy meal plan, exercise regularly and find a support system. You'll have just as good of a chance of losing weight at a rate of one to two pounds a week.

Mercee...amen I totally agree. Good job on all that walking.

Toni...hope you have a better day today.

Ellen...so glad you are feeling better. With all the dietary restrictions it has to be very hard. If I find any good recipes I'll be sure to share. I have good veggie ones but they aren't gluten free. I'll have to look in my magazines when time permits. I get vegetarian times and it is loaded with yummy looking recipes. My hubby was afraid when I first started getting it. He made sure to let me know he wouldn't go meatless. I told him not to worry they would be side dishes or I could add meat.

Solly...hope your little man is feeling better today.

((Everybody))

God bless,
Crystle