General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:46 PM   #1  
dewittmba

Talking Vegetarians/vegans- Eat to Live/The Kind Diet

I decided to go vegan after reading The Kind Diet. In my research the book Eat to Live by Dr. Joel Fuhrman was also recommended to me. I have been eating vegan for four days and I have already dropped 5 pounds! I am working on weaning my little girls to a vegan diet, but unfortunately they are both at the not eating anything but bread and desserts stage so it is definitly a challenge.

Anyone else following these eating plans? I would love to be able to share progress, tips and recipes.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/185/123-125

Height: 5'1"

I've been a vegan for a few years now and have tried to follow several eating plans. I've heard of the Kind Diet but haven't read the book. I thought someone told me that the diet is more of a macrobiotic type of diet so some might find it a little limiting.

I tried Dr. Fuhrman's E2L plan a year or so ago and I liked it for the most part. Then I moved to the more grain-heavy, no added fats McDougall-type diet which is not working well for me right now. I just got Dr. Fuhrman's "Eat For Health" 2-book set and the plan is similar to E2L but a little more liberal. I'm thinking of going back to a more E2L style with added whole fats and lots of veggies, beans, and fruit and less emphasis on grains.

Tam
tammay is offline   Reply With Quote