General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-25-2010, 11:50 AM   #46  
I Really Want To Lose 50

S/C/G: 229/179/150

Nice meeting you Tyla.
Jess that is great that your mom will be helping you. Perhaps, you can walk the dogs with your BF and son and make it a family thing. Once I started incorporating my family in some exercise there is no way I can back out with out hearing my daughter or husband complain so i just right along. I got suckered into a 2 mile walk this weekend just because I promised my daughter I would take her to the trail to ride her scooter. We also do bike riding on the trail together when the weather is nice. These things actually save money too, instead of going out to eat or something you have to pay for.
Equinata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:14 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 157/140/135

Height: 5'4"

Default I'm doing 4-day too

So there are a handful of us. I'm Day 2 on Induction. Pretty challenging!
Thinfor5Minutes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:20 PM   #48  
Is this the last time?

S/C/G: 191/see tracker/150

Height: 5'5"

yes, but i like the snacks in the next module, so hang in there!

taurie, i still feel like in the protein module, i'm eating too much!

Okay all, how do they *really* lose 6-10 pounds per week on biggest loser? at least in CFC, the weight loss is more along 'normal' for all the exercise they do, and we know what they're eating!

misskitty
Go Syracuse!!
misskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:40 PM   #49  
I Really Want To Lose 50

S/C/G: 229/179/150

Misskitty - Yes they lose that kind of weight because they are working out almost the same amount of hours we work a full time job a week. Imagine if you just had four 3 hour workouts in one week. Im pretty sure you would drop weight like that too. I've been to a bootcamp that was only one hour long for four days a week and lost 5lbs in a week and that was a difficult work out... mmmmmmm maybe I could take some time off of work and get a trainer for an entire week for a minimum of 2hours a day M-F and see what happens. (laughing)
Equinata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:42 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 129/see ticker/110

Height: 5'1"

misskitty - I see you found the thread
Yeah, I agree. The protein module has lots of food.

Today is my last day of the Vigorous module and I haven't lost an ounce! But, I haven't gained either... though I did have a couple naughty days in the past week. Today has been strictly on plan. I left a few of the servings out though, because if I eat them I'll be at 1400 cals for the day and I lose best at 1200. I fed my bf the extra grapes and carrot sticks. He must get his 5 a day

Last edited by Taurie; 03-25-2010 at 12:43 PM.
Taurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 02:17 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 157/140/135

Height: 5'4"

Default I am sooo looking forward to getting through transition!

Fat Smash was easier for me because you could have the oatmeal, a sweet potato and brown rice all in one day if you wanted. On 4-day, at least so far (only my second day!) I feel as if I am eating salad, salad, salad. My veggie omelet this morning seemed like an absolute luxury after yesterday! OTOH, I am so grateful that I can have two cups of coffee on the 4-day.

One thing I changed: Dr. Ian says to get psyllium husk. I already take two psyllium capsules a day and didn't want to spend money on something else, so I had the capsules instead.

Going to be making the cabbage soup tonight, vegetarian-style, for use tomorrow. Instead of the ham hock, I'm going to try a bit of liquid smoke. That way my hubby can eat some of it.
Thinfor5Minutes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 02:39 PM   #52  
She's trying...really !

S/C/G: 185/176/160

Height: 5'10"

Jessvoc, we are totally into the same shows.
My dh and I watch housewives for the same reason people rubberneck a car accident. We can't help but talk back to the tv "why do you think your children are like that lady?" haha

misskitty, water is like nature's diet pill! Just remember it like that and you'll never be afraid to drink it again.

I'm midway thru Protein phase and looking forward to smooth!

PS, the "week" on biggest loser, did you know it is not a 7 day week? Yeah, they don't mention that do they. 1 week is actually between 10-12 days of shooting the show. It's kinda mean I think, gives people the wrong impression!

Thinfor5 - I made a cabbage soup and had to choke it down. I ate it, but man, it was not my fav.

Regarding weighing every day. I am reading a book about blood pressure, I found this info very interesting. They did a study group; one half of them weighed once per week, the other weighed every day.

Do you know that the every day weighers on average lost twice as much? The fact that you can actually see yourself up inspires you to eat better then next day. They had another group who didn't weigh at all, and they gained 4 lbs on average over 1 year.

Now I'm not saying you should obsess, but since reading that, I have allowed myself a daily morning weigh in. I just promised myself not to be sad because there can be so much fluctuation.

Last edited by shestrying; 03-25-2010 at 02:40 PM.
shestrying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 04:43 PM   #53  
mizmiller

S/C/G: Start 367/322/299

Height: 5'9

shestrying- Do you know that the every day weighers on average lost twice as much? The fact that you can actually see yourself up inspires you to eat better then next day.

That is awesome! Im lurking to start my own diet but im more of a low to no fat dieter with huge success (70lbs on the subway diet in 3 months years ago, but who has that cash these days) so I dont want to give up meat. My favorite diet food is egg whites (cooked with pam) with 98% fat free ham on toast. Its like less than 3 grams of fat.

I have yet to start any diet but I am reading< this is my first WL forum so I think that could help out a lot! I did start my water today im looking to drink 120oz a day im @ 70oz right now with no tea or sugar cravings. Do yall have a water challenge? Would anybody like to start one if not?

Anybody have advice for a newb?
Qcrazymiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 07:36 PM   #54  
Is this the last time?

huh, i liked the cabbage soup, not a huge fan, but not bad. but he doesn't call for it during any other module, so i didn't know what to do with the rest of it, after that module.

ok, for the biggest loser, that is so not fair. talk about giving us an inferiority complex!

a water challenge! i pee every hour now, i don't think i could handle that much! but i'm certainly willing to make sure i drink as much as i should.

i do miss the rice and oatmeal on the 4 day. no oatmeal at all, and rice e'other module, it seems, but yes, salad, salad, veggies, veggies, fruit, fruit in the first module! just be happy that your 'insides' will be working very well.

'my name is misskitty, and i'm an everyday weigher.' and now, thanks to you guys, i'm proud of it!

misskitty
Old 03-25-2010, 07:57 PM   #55  
mizmiller

S/C/G: Start 367/322/299

Height: 5'9

just think of going pee more as exercise, You have to get up, walk, do a squat and all that. lol plus your getting all the bad stuff out!
Qcrazymiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:04 PM   #56  
Is this the last time?

Lol!
Old 03-26-2010, 12:33 PM   #57  
She's trying...really !

S/C/G: 185/176/160

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qcrazymiller View Post
just think of going pee more as exercise, You have to get up, walk, do a squat and all that. lol plus your getting all the bad stuff out!

Ok that made me laugh.

On the water, I am not being very good - but because I have added one of the south beach protein/fiber drinks in, that has me doing me 'pee exercise' just as much!

I'm 1.5 down this week and broke thru a # I haven't been able to in 1 year. My body seemed to set point at 177 and my eyes almost popped when I saw 176.5 today! I'm lovin' this 4 day Mr. Ian!!!
shestrying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 03:09 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Day 5 for me! I broke my plateu, too. It wasn't by much--.5 lb. But at least now it's moving again!

Have a great weekend, Everyone!

Tyla
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 03:14 AM   #59  

Height: 5'8"

I haven't gotten back to the detox this week, but I have been making smarter choices instead. I have been so bad the past 6 months, that just making better & smarter choices has helped me. I'm getting back to more water, more veggies and moving around -- not yet exercising. I'm hoping to be in the right frame of mind on Monday to start. I'm getting there...slowly, but in the right direction.
annierew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 07:37 AM   #60  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

Good morning, everyone! Nice to sign in and see that everyone is breaking plateaus.

I caught my son's stomach bug yesterday. It was really bad - woke up at midnight and ran to the bathroom just in time. Was in bed all day, vomiting over and over. And of course the school called right after my husband dropped my son off saying that he had bad diarrhea and needed to come home. So I drove over there in my pajamas, not even caring, but hoping I wouldn't run into anyone(of course I did). My stepdaughter managed to last the day at high school but came home and threw up immediately. Good times, good times.

I feel better today, just still achy and sore. I finally managed to keep down a bagel and some ginger ale last night. Will just try to eat what I can at least for today, but will shop for EFS phase 3 later this weekend and go back to it when I am able. I'm only down a lb. after all this - seems unfair!
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote