General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-15-2010, 08:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 215.5/185.5/150

Height: 5'5"

Question Fitday calorie counts

Hello all,

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for this question, but I hope so.

I like to log my food intake online. A year or so ago, I used Fitday and I really loved it. Then I tried Dailyplate because it seemed so much easier to find calorie counts for foods. Fitday just seemed so limited.

However, over time I've just found that I prefer Fitday. I like it's clean look (not so busy) and I guess it's just a preference.

Anyway... the thing is.. the calorie counts also seem way off for me. For instance a cup of cooked broccoli on dailyplate is about 34 calories. On Fitday it's 64! That's a huge difference for one food. It seems to be similar for other things, too. Chicken breast and baked potatoes are also different. Dailyplate seems to be so much more accurate because it includes weights so you know if you're portioning correctly.

Does anyone know if Fitday has or will ever update their calorie counts to be more accurate? If you use Fitday, do you ever check to see if calorie counts are accurate? Would these discrepancies bother you enough not to use Fitday?

To be honest and answer my own questions, I *think* I have been trying dailyplate for several months now. I really, really appreciate the ease in finding calorie counts for foods, but I am ready to switch back to Fitday just because it's "cleaner" and easier for me to see and use. I just wish the calorie finder thingy was a bit better.

Any opinions or ideas? Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Maybe if I upgrade at Fitday, it'd make a difference?

I'd appreciate any insight you might have.

Thanks and happy losing!
beth4365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 170/159/135

Height: 5'4"

I use Fitday and am quite satisfied with it. I didn't think they overcounted the calories. In fact I thought they were quite lenient. Just my opinion, but I have never used another counter.

Sharon
artic123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:54 PM   #3  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

I use FitdayPC and weigh my food. I find it accurate.

I sometimes check things on Daily Plate if Fitday does not have it, and I find Daily Plate is sometimes way off -- esp things entered by other users.

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:23 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I like fitday too.

I almost never used cooked weight. If I cook some broccoli ( for instance) I use the raw broccoli calorie count and add whatever I've used to cook it with ... like a 1/2 tbsp of olive oil.
Mine looks like I eat raw eggs every day
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:30 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 215.5/185.5/150

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for your input ladies. I really appreciate it!
beth4365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:48 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 315/284/onederland

Height: 5'6"

I use Fitday, too, but I tend to enter my own custom numbers on a lot of things.
Blairsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:07 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

I also like fitday. Another raw egg eater here.
babygrant is offline   Reply With Quote