General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 02-22-2010, 02:32 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 189/*Ticker*/150

Height: 5'6

Hi Everyone,

im glad that this forum is up. Im sort of new to clean eating (since Jan). Im not doing any of the cooler programs but looking into starting one of the coolers next week.
WillPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:56 PM   #17  
Training for life!

S/C/G: 174/150/131

Height: 5'5"

Willpower welcome I started with her cooler 1 program and follwed it to a TEE I dropped some really stubbon pounds that would NOT come off any other way. It is a great way to kick start her program I tend to be an HARDCORIST at times I liked it I KEPT IT SIMPLE AND PLAIN that worked for me never hungry always something to eat! I lost my weight the 1ST week but stayed the whole 2 weeks . I now am on her basic clean eating but it is more like a cooler 2 or 3 as I am 57 and have to keep calories low to keep from gaining!!!BUT I keep losing because I am extremely active so with need add an extra swwet potato and friut a day I am adjusting. I DO EXTREME EXERCISE { at least I think} I do Chalene Extreme followed by INSANITY everday and then work as a waitress. { Before I did p90x and Cardio Kickboxing and could not lose 8 lbs???that i gained while sick??} ANYWAS 6 weeks with this CLEAN EATING TOSCA RENO and my body seems to love it!!!
devadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:41 PM   #18  

Wow devadiva, youre such an inspiration! how long did it take you to start seeing your results. I know Cooler 1 is suppose to really jumpstart the loss, but im wondering how eating clean without following one of the coolers works? Do you eat the 5-6 meals per day, etc?
Old 02-23-2010, 09:32 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 233/231/160

ok ladies... I need motivation... I really want to do this, since I want to lose that weight for ever... and I honestly believe that this is the BEST approach... so how can I really get started... The entire preparation is very daunting.
Any shortcuts? Any tips for an easy weekly and daily planning?
Floprieto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:58 AM   #20  
Training for life!

I saw results with my weight in a day or two and like I said was not losing anyBEFORE NO MATTER WHAT!!! BUT followed it to a TEE cooler I used the shopping list bought only the vegtables and only apples and sweet potatoes ect.no deveations BUT IT WORKED LIKE A CHARM and I did not have much to lose I have gone several pounds below goal NOW>. I eat at least 5 meals sometimes 6. As far as prep goes because I am cooking mainly for myself I will say. Cook a pot of OATs for 6 days divide it up in 6 portions in fridge.EARLY pull it out each day add 1 1/2 water add all the stuff {bee pollen flax wheat germ} and heat. Mid morning which is actually part of first breakfast but I split it while cooking my egg whites with veggies I might cut up a bunch of vegtables and make salads for later in the day. or cook several chicken breasts. I always have cans of water pack albacore tuna on hand . I use sweet potatoes I cook in the microwave. Like I said I keep things simple. I eat a lot of raw Zuccini and cucumbers in my salad and ny favorite salad greens are spiinach.I cook fish in my George Forman it quick and easy. I SAW RESULTS FAST WHICH MADE IT EASY AND NO TIME TO BE HUNGRY!

Last edited by devadiva; 02-24-2010 at 10:03 AM.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:33 PM   #21  
Training for life!

7 weeks now and still loving program find it very workable foe ME am maintaining my lowest weight ever for weeks now and have tons of energy have just completed my full 2 weeks of double workouts with CHALEAN EXTRME and INSANITY daily. So am really seeing the LEAN out effect doing the HAPPY DANCE!!!!
Old 03-01-2010, 02:12 PM   #22  

Hey Devadiva...when you followed cooler 1 did you switch the meals in the categories or did you follow each day. Some of those things i dont want to eat so i was thinking maybe i can eat that category from another day?
Old 03-01-2010, 10:43 PM   #23  
Training for life!

Yes I did swithch them around kept sizes in order would up eating alot of salads which I love and plain chiken breast and raw vegtables as it said it = 10 cuped handfuls for day.. split out I figured it out with the ones listed on cooler list.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:28 PM   #24  

Height: 5'7"

Oh, I`m excited!!!! I found the book at target today! The Eat-Clean Diet Recharged!!! I`ve been to two Walmarts, nothing.I`ve been lurking,reading different treads to see if anyone have had any success with anything.First time I`ve ever heard of this one. And its been out for 2-3 years???
I work 2nd shift, 3:30pm to 12:00am.And try my best not to do a drive-in dinner that late at night.
Devadiva, I`m 57 too, but 180 lbs. and 5'7" (. How long did it take you to get to 125?
I think this is something I can stick too.Did I tell you that I`m so excited!!!
jansusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:46 PM   #25  

Height: 5'7"

Well, woke up ...no coffee for me this morning.I love sugar in my coffee and I`m going to have to quit cold turkey... So had black tea, and tsp of honey.. oatmeal,nuts,honey and didnt have the flax,added psyllium husk fiber instead. No eggs this morning, just toooo full from oatmeal. I`m going to have to get my rear in gear for this . I`ve got to get to the store.
Fixed two packets of chicken and salad for work. Going to stop on the way to dash in and get yogurt and fruit. Wish me luck!

now that I look at what i had for b-fast.I should have had some kind of protein.....I`ve got a few hard -boiled eggs in there ...will grab one while I`m getting dress. BYE!!!!!!!!
jansusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:46 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Subbing to this thread.

I've owned these books for about a year but have never followed the plan. I've been calorie counting and have been staying in my calorie range, but my meals honestly are not very healthy at all. So I'm going to implement the clean eating plan and still count the calories.
babygrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 02:35 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 188/183/145

Height: 5"4

Hi and welcome ladies!
I do have to say that getting started is the absolute toughest part.
Committing and making yourself accountable that you're going to eat clean and getting all the ingredients you probably don't already have (flax, natural nut butters, plain yogurt, quinoa, etc.) is tough at first but once I created an awesome oatmeal breakfast dish with all the fixins and cooked enough chicken to last a week and cut up my veggies and prepared everything for the week ahead (I spent a whole Sunday from shopping to prep to cooking this first time) it became easier the second week and is now like second nature every week, it just gets easier and easier!

Good luck and ask away if you have any questions!
Btw, the books are great resources as well, I owe Tosca Reno so much for getting me out of the slump I was in! I look so much better already, I just need to make it happen on the scale! (Too many cheat meals which I'm trying to curb right now!)
mandymic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 02:36 PM   #28  

babygrant that sounds like a good idea. Although from what i read, once you start eating clean and following the 5-6 small meals a day, you may not have to track your calories as much.

Does anyone on here include Fage 2% greek yogurt w/cherries in your plan. i ate some today for the first time and it was great. Almost felt guilty for eating it because it was so delicious.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:21 PM   #29  

Since you have a couple of beach body workouts I am sure you have heard of Michi's Ladder. How does Tosca Reno compare? Are they fairly similar?

I have Chalean but have been doing Power 90 this 2 weeks to jump start. I think I will tire of it quickly as there aren't that many workouts with it.

Considering getting Insanity. DH wants me to, says I need something like what you are doing......massive working out.

I want to get to the point you are at....to LOVE to exercise. Thankfully it is Spring and it brings renewed desire to work on weight!

You said you did not get results from P90X? Why do you think? You can answer with a PM if you want, my real question on this thread is comparing Tosca Reno to Michi's Ladder.

Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by devadiva View Post
7 weeks now and still loving program find it very workable foe ME am maintaining my lowest weight ever for weeks now and have tons of energy have just completed my full 2 weeks of double workouts with CHALEAN EXTRME and INSANITY daily. So am really seeing the LEAN out effect doing the HAPPY DANCE!!!!
Dawn415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 06:22 PM   #30  

Is this eating plan online or will I need to buy a book?

Thanks,

Dawn
Dawn415 is offline   Reply With Quote