General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 12-05-2012, 10:39 AM   #1  

Default I need help adding more calories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just started eating healthy 2 days ago. I am 330 pounds and was eating junk and lots of it. I lost almost 50 pounds before i started this junk food thing again and gained 10 back. I logged my food the last 2 days into fitday and first day was 1300 calories yesterday was 1100 calories.

I have high blood pressure so can not have salt also a lot of grains bloat me.

I need some ideas to increase my calories by at least 500-700 a day. I get a weird feeling in my head since I started it feels like I am off balance and light headed and I know that is a sign of too few calories as was fine eating the junk and tons of calories.

I eat oatmeal skim milk berries flax cinnamon for breakfast most days. Thats only like 300 calories

I eat a huge salad with a bean burger usually for lunch which is only like 300 calories.

I eat a grain meat and veggies for supper which is like 400 calories maybe 500.

I have a 100 calorie yogurt and some nuts for a snack which is 300 calories total.
Yesterday no yogurt.

I would like some help upping my calories but no sodium ideas please and thanks.

Thanks for any and all help....
canadacatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Fresh vegies, fresh fruit, eggs ?
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:46 AM   #3  

I eat a 3 cup salad for lunch. Oh I forgot to say the fruit 1 cup of berries only like 40 calories. Thanks
Old 12-05-2012, 12:35 PM   #4  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadacatman View Post

I eat oatmeal skim milk berries flax cinnamon for breakfast most days. Thats only like 300 calories

Try using 2% milk. Add some protein - maybe a boiled egg with a slice of avocado.

I eat a huge salad with a bean burger usually for lunch which is only like 300 calories.

Put some yummy goodies on your salad. Egg, cheese, nuts, fruit, etc.

I eat a grain meat and veggies for supper which is like 400 calories maybe 500.

Eat an extra ounce or two of meat, add more veggies.

I have a 100 calorie yogurt and some nuts for a snack which is 300 calories total.

Try greek yogurt (typically 140 calories or so) with a few nuts, have an apple with some peanut butter, veggies and hummus, etc. .

I would like some help upping my calories but no sodium ideas please and thanks.

Thanks for any and all help....
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:15 PM   #5  

Thanks for the tips will try some of them.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:17 PM   #6  

Eggs, unsalted nuts, avacado, cottage cheese, chicken breast, a teaspoon of olive oil here and there. Good luck.
kelleyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:41 AM   #7  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

You don't need more calories. You just need to give your body time to adjust.

If you want to eat more calories you can, but you don't need to eat more.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:09 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Your diet sounds like "diet food" like "oh this is what I have to eat to get skinny." If you're like me and you've survived on junk food for years on end this kind of "diet" might not be sustainable. You have to make sure you are eating things that you enjoy, at least I do.

Are you getting enough healthy fats into your diet? Healthy fats like olive oil, nut, and avocado are quite essential to help make us feel sated and help us absorb the nutrients of food. For example, eating a salad with a little olive oil actually is healthier than eating a salad with no dressing or "low-fat dressing."

- Keep a few hard boiled eggs in your fridge and eat one as a snack. They stay good for days. I like to cut mine into quarters, drizzle with a little olive oil and paprika. It's yummy and beautiful.

- Apple slices with a slice of cheese or a slather of peanut butter.

- carrot sticks and cauliflower florets with hummus dip.

- one piece dark chocolate.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote