General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-28-2010, 10:00 PM   #31  
Originally Joined in 1999

S/C/G: 284/191/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlyjordon2002 View Post
Okay thanks. I can't wait till the next sale Im so impatient and I want it NOW lol. Plus everyone is gonna get income taxes soon and the GWF and BB will probably be full price. Im gonna order it Wednesday and it will probably take a week to get here
Actually, shipping was pretty quick from Costco. It said 7-9 days, but I ordered on Sunday paid $4 for expedited shipping and it was here by 2pm on Wednesday. A friend ordered hers on Monday and also got it on Wednesday. So they ship pretty quick. Not sure if they offer free/$4 shipping to non-members, so your mileage may vary.

Last edited by HeatherABC; 01-29-2010 at 09:47 AM.
HeatherABC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:44 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 224/ticker/140

Height: 5' 4"

carlyjordon2002 - This may be a bit delayed since I see you look to have decided on the BB due to the Costco deal, but here are the answers to your questions about the GWF, one by one:

Quote:
Also when you get the GWF do you have to call somewhere to get it activated?
If you order if off Amazon, it comes with an activation number for their website, so it's all done online. You register with the number and you're all set. No need to call anyone.

Quote:
I heard there is a 3 month free trial but Im not sure. Im getting so tired of guessing how many calories I burn. Also how much is the monthly cost of keeping it activated?
Again, if you get it off Amazon, it comes with a 3-month free membership. After that, the monthly cost depends on what kind of commitment you plan to make. It's $6.95 monthly for a year-long contract, $9.95 monthly for six months, and $12.95 for no contract paying month to month.

Regardless of which you choose, you get the first 3 months free if bought through Amazon.

Quote:
Also what type of arm band does it have does it come in large and medium? I don't know what size armband I will need.
The GWF comes with a medium armband. My arm is about 15" around, and I have it as large as it goes. It's still very comfortable and I don't even feel like I'm wearing the thing, so I'd say if your arm is larger than 15 inches, then go for the large. Or you can wear it somewhat uncomfortably for a while until it stretches (mine did).

I think that's all, and hope that helps!
Kasia
augeremt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:53 PM   #33  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherABC View Post
I'd be up for that! My weigh-in day is Wednesday. I want to lose 23 pounds by June 1st. So this would work right in with that.
Alright! So far Heather and I are up for the challenge. Any more takers? It'll be fun I promise!
Deana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 08:33 AM   #34  
Weight Watchers!

S/C/G: 221/ticker/175

Height: 5'

Ok guys I did it, I ordered the BodyBugg this morning. I also got the display. I went ahead and added the 2nd day air shipping because I found a $15 coupon and I can't wait to get it.
Good work on the weight loss, keep us posted!
eviemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:31 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 250/SeeTracker/150

Height: 5'2''

Hello Everybody!
I've had my GWF since Mid-December and have lost 16lbs!
I can't imagine how anybody can lose weight without one!!!
RockyMtnGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:38 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 250/SeeTracker/150

Height: 5'2''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana View Post
*********CHALLENGE ALERT**********
O-M-G! I am so annoyed! I posted a long post before about a GWF/BB challenge, and obviously it never got posted to the board ARGH!

I am proposing we do a GWF/BB challenge. We can either do a 90-day challenge or summer challenge (so the end date would be May 31st for instance). At the start of the challenge we will all post our weight loss goal, and then on a weekly basis we will post our (1) weekly cals burned; (2) weekly cals consumed; (3) cumulative % of goal accomplishment. So for number 3, if you lost 2 pounds after the first check-in date, and your goal weight loss was 10 pounds then your cumulative % of goal accomplishment would be 20% (simply put: current weight loss/goal weight loss). This way it doesn't matter if your goal is 10 or 20 pounds, it'll all be about how close we get to our individual goals. If you all want we could also take our weekly deficit, divide it by 3500 and compare our weekly target weight loss per GWF/BB versus our weekly actual weight loss for the week.

So it'd look something like this:

Deana
Weekly Calories Burned: 19,600
Weekly Calories Consumed: 10,500
Target Weekly Weight Loss: 2.6 pounds
Actual Weekly Weight Loss: 2.2 pounds
% of Goal: 22% (assuming my goal was to lose 10 pounds)

Now obviously I made all those numbers up, but that's what I have in mind. I also think we should weigh-in Tuesday or Wednesday to give our bodies time to adjust from the weekend changes.
So, is any one interested? I think it'd be fun! Hopefully we can get our goals logged by Monday and then do our first check-in Tuesday (Feb 9th).
I'm up for the challenge! Looks like we're doing it til May 31st or June 1st... so my goal will be to lose 35lbs, so make it to 199lbs! Whew, can't remember a time my scale didn't have a 2 in front of the number!
RockyMtnGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:43 AM   #37  
19Deltawifey

Thanks so much ladies for being so helpful and soon I will be on here posting about how awesome the bodybugg is and Im looking forward to not guessing how many cals I burn. Thanks again ladies
Old 01-29-2010, 09:50 AM   #38  
Originally Joined in 1999

S/C/G: 284/191/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnGirl View Post
I'm up for the challenge! Looks like we're doing it til May 31st or June 1st... so my goal will be to lose 35lbs, so make it to 199lbs! Whew, can't remember a time my scale didn't have a 2 in front of the number!
Yay! That makes 3 of us so far :-) Whoo hoo!
HeatherABC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:10 AM   #39  
Mel Belle

S/C/G: 157/ticker/120

Height: 4'11"

I'm in. I'm new to the group, but this seems like a great way to jump right in
melaniea1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:14 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 250+/176/149

Height: 5'7"

I'm in!
hhichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:28 AM   #41  

I'm so excited about this! So it looks like we are going to make it a summer challenge? So the ending date will be May 31st, and weigh-in/stats post day will be every Wednesday. I suggest we post our starting stats on Monday.

I think we should have a separate thread just for the challenge, what do you all think? So far there are five of us. I am so excited!

P.S. I just wanted to let you all know I burned another approx 3,200 calories yesterday and I ate 2,100 calories and my weight went down by THREE pounds (remember I had been plateauing for the last 3 months eating 1,400 cals a day). I am really starting to think that I had the wrong formula for success these last few months. I kept increasing my activity and decreasing my calories, maybe there really is a thing as starvation mode (which I never used to believe in). Anyway, the proof will be in the pudding come Wednesday after my first full week. I will give you all an update to see if I broke out of my plateau and to see if it really is possible to eat more to lose more!
Old 01-29-2010, 10:31 AM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnGirl View Post
We can do it! The challenge will keep us accountable and our BB/GWF will be the tool we need to make the right choices. Just think, in a few short months you will be back in ONEderland
Old 01-29-2010, 12:26 PM   #43  
Slow and Steady

S/C/G: 353/see ticker/178

Height: 5'11''

I would be up for the challenge once I understand how to use mine. My GoWear Fit came today and is at home waiting for me to learn how to use it tonight. I am very excited to use it. I started back in October and have lost 49 pounds so far, but have not budged on the scale in 10 days. I am so frustrated and I am really hoping this is going to help me pinpoint what I need to change/modify to get things going again. I had thought about buying a BB last October but decided to do it on my own first and see how things went.

Is there a sub-forum for just the GWF and BB users on here? I did a search and found this post.
OrganizedChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 03:11 PM   #44  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

I'm in for the challenge. Are we having an official start date? Are we having an official weigh in day or is everyone going to use whichever day of the week is official for them? If we are getting started right away, with say Feb. 1 (or whatever each person's weigh in day is during that week) as our official start, then I am going to set a goal of 33 pounds. That's 8 per month plus 1 to take me to an even 150 pounds. My current official weigh in day is Tuesday. Does the first week of February sound like a good time to officially start to everyone?
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 03:15 PM   #45  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

Deana, I think a thread for the challenge would be good. There's a sub-forum for challenges, do you want to put it there? I'm so glad you are seeing the scale go down again, YAY!
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote