General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 168/157/105

Height: 5"2

Default Introducing myself, and question about phentermine

Hi all I am new to this site. I have been lurking for a bit and finally decided to join. I have been struggling for over a year and a half trying to lose weight since giving birth to my second child. It has been a battle I lost over and over. I had heard a lot about phentermine and did a ton of research and decided that this is something I would like to try to give me the boost that is needed to keep going. Even to see a two pound weight loss will make me happy whereas in the past I only seen the same weight or weight gain which gets really frustrating.

I understand that phentermine isn't going to magically keep the weight off or even magically take the weight off which is why I have decided to start a diet first to show that I am dedicated and serious about this weight loss and want to keep it off. I started the belly fat cure diet and so far love it. I haven't weighed myself yet because I don't want to become obsessed with the scale so I am going to do weigh in's every two weeks or so. I would like to try this for a month or so just to see where I get on my own and if it is a descent weight loss I would love to try to get on phentermine to really kick start the rest of my weight loss journey. I have a grand total of 60 pounds that needs to be shed in order to get where I would like to be.

To those of you who have taken phentermine how did you get your doctor to prescribe it to you? The nurse practitioner told me that the PCP of the office won't prescribe it, so someone told me to go to my OB/GYN and tell her that I am having issues shedding the baby weight that was gained and that she would be a bit more inclined to prescribe it. I don't want to be on it for long, just a couple weeks if that just to kind of kick start things more. I just don't know how to go about getting the actual prescription for it. I refuse to buy it off the internet as you don't know what you are getting and I would really like to be able to be monitored while taking this to ensure no health issues arise.

Sorry for this being so long. I look forward to meeting new people and offering as much support as I can.
cl726or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 01:23 PM   #2  

Location: Charlotte, NC;--------------------------------------------> Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#/profile.php?ref=profile&id=847659493

S/C/G: 237.6/232.6/150

Height: 5'6''

I did research for my area and found a doctor that has a weight loss institute. i have to see him every month. eventually ill hit a "maintenance" phase and only see him every 3 months, every 6, etc... he gave me a weight loss plan, diet, recepies, exercises that i must follow and prescribed phentermine. i know of a few people who have been going to him for about a year now. one man that I know lost 100 lbs so far from following the nutritional plan, etc.
princesslisa88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 11:15 PM   #3  
I'm not drunk, I have MS.

S/C/G: HW:250/SW://170

Height: 5'8" Apple Shape

I tried the phentermine alone a few years ago and it didn't do a thing for me. But then, I'd tried the phen-fen and it was AWESOME for about 3 months and 40 lbs lost. Just look in your local yellow pages and you should find a doc that runs a diet clinic.
ShootingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 09:01 AM   #4  

I took phentermine for about a year and a half off and on as my doctor prescribed it a few years ago. Worse thing I ever did! I initially lost weight, but then the weight loss stopped, and I had to work very hard to just maintain. This was following the diet the doctor recommended, and exercising faithfully. In short, the phentermine exacerbated my metabolic problems. It just isn't worth it. I would give anything to go back and do it over again...without phentermine. Especially when I think of all the money I would save....

Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote