General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-11-2010, 09:49 AM   #31  
Inittothinit

S/C/G: 239/see ticker/199

Height: 5'8"

Welcome, SpencerTwins! Sounds like you are on a good start. As for me, I got a big fat F- for the last 3 days. I messed up on the Induction everyday by eating breadsticks, but for the Transition, I just straight up binged! I had 3 White Castle hamburgers and fries one day and it tasted better than a Thanksgiving dinner. So the next day, I had some more garbage that I can't even remember, and then finally yesterday pizza AND breadsticks AND a scoop of ice cream! OMG. I am so ashamed and so disappointed in myself that I seriously wanna quit. I have been working out (20 minutes to an hour) everyday, and I have still maintained my weight (so far); but, I just feel horrible about it all. It was only a week before I felt like I hadn't ate in months. I want this to be lifestyle change, not just a diet. But I feel discouraged when I look in the mirror, and I see no change but I'm working so hard. I think I'm going to have to modify the diet like Red in order to keep from starving for days and then binging for days. Breakfast and lunch I do ok, but when dinner rolls around I feel deprived and starved. Any advice?
Nieceyeffbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:01 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 188/188/145

i purchased the 4 day diet book... I began reading the first part and initially thought I don't want to do all this stuff... I want to jump in and do the diet.. after I thought about it.. i think that is why I fail in other weight loss attempts, so I am taking the time to put down the ground work.. i also want to discuss it with my physician the beginning of next month.. I really need to focus on my motivation etc. I have a question for those of you who have already started the process and have had some success right away... How do you make the lemonade? Is there a recipe? I looked through the recipes and read the initial phase and didn't see it. I want to get everything I need in place when I do start.... in about 10 days or so.. Thanks... It is nice to see others doing the diet and having successs. Thank you for your blogs.. It is great motivation for a newbee:-)
SusanB2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:30 AM   #33  

Height: 5'4

Welcome aboard!! I've been doing this diet--with my own tweaks-- going on 12 weeks and so far I've lost 17 lbs. I'm a huge fan of this diet! I've also recruited 3 of my friends to do it with me, all doing great with losses ranging from 5-12 lbs. If you get your head in the game, and really incorporate and stick to an exercise plan, I know you'll be successful!

The lemonade was one of my "tweaks". I'm not really a fan of lemonade, so I left it out. I also never experimented with the psysillium husk. The pill was too expensive. I take a multi everyday and also a Fiber 1 chewy tablet every morning. So I think that probably is a good substitute for that.
Red Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 05:10 PM   #34  
Restarted WW 09/14/13

S/C/G: 193.2/see ticker/152

Height: 5'6"

Default New here......wanted to say HI

Hi everyone!

I'm new to this diet but not new to 3FC. I did another diet last year with lots of success but with also alot of money and very restrictive. I lost a total of 33 lbs in 5 months but as soon as I started maintenance I struggled....big time and I ended up gaining back 20 lbs in a short 9 months. I have been looking for a plan that I can do more easily that is not so restrictive and I think I found it!!

I have been on the 4 day diet since Tuesday, so far so good. I have lost 3.2 lbs in a short 2 days, I weighed this morning cause I just couldnt wait another day .

I have been following the program except I didnt make the cabbage soup, I just had beans and rice again, lol. I also have not been eating all the veggies but I have been getting all the fruit in. The only exercise I have been doing is walking on my treadmill. I have a personal trainer....lol, my treadmill has a Jillian Michaels Ifit card and I have been doing that which is 30 minutes of cardio and I have been adding an extra 10 to 15 minutes of incline 3 at 3 mph. I am going to add hand weights today to the 15 extra minutes. I made the lemonade, someone asked how to make it because there was no recipe. I just used my little hand juicer that I bought at target for $2.99 and squeezed a whole lemon and added 8 oz of water to it with one tsp of splenda and I added one tablespoon of psyllium husk to it. I found the pysllium husk at my local health food store for $7, its a huge canister and its in powder form. It did not taste bad.

I only want to lose 22 lbs total so I have 19 lbs to go. According to the BMI chart I will still be overweight but I dont want to get under 165. I am comfortable there so I want to stay where I am comfortable and I can manage for maintenance. Last year I wanted to be 155 so bad that I got discouraged when I couldnt get there and I dont want a repeat performance of the last 9 months!

I hope everyone is doing great out there and are sticking with the program. Please update your progress and I will keep you updated on mine! Good luck!!
NewMe2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 05:32 PM   #35  
She's trying...really !

S/C/G: 185/176/160

Height: 5'10"

I am 2 weeks and 3 days, and down 5.5 lbs. Now this might not sound like much at all compared to the #s most people pull on this diet, but I am hypothyroid and it was starting to feel like I'd never lose weight. I have found this so easy to follow (I'm a fan for having things really spelled out!).

I'm 10 lbs down (was doing something else before 4day) and 10 to go. It feels attainable on this. I eat more veg & fruit than I ever have!!
shestrying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:49 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 188/188/145

Thank you, Red Diablo and Newme.. I have a hand juicer... a full lemon and 8oz of water plus Splenda sounds great.. I will try that.. I do plan on doing EA Sports Active for my exercise.. it has a nice combo of weight lifting and cardio. I am excited to begin.. I am tired of the extra weight... I want to do this for me!! Keep posting your results.. i already feel like this is a very supportive group!! I will post mine too.
SusanB2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 06:54 PM   #37  
She's trying...really !

OOH! I got the EA Sports Active for my bday end of last year. I need to try and get DH off the couch to use it again, we were on a real streak and then stopped. It really is fun. The only thing I wasn't a fan of was the running sprints (my knees are weak) but we still had fun competing against each other. We bought a 2nd set of the accessories so we could do challenges.

I think I'll try and get him back on board.

Last edited by shestrying; 04-05-2010 at 06:55 PM.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:36 AM   #38  
Restarted WW 09/14/13

S/C/G: 193.2/see ticker/152

Height: 5'6"

Default Checking in.....

Hi All!

I hope everyone had a fun holiday weekend with friends and family. I had a great weekend but failed miserably on my diet . But I started Monday off the right way, I didn't weigh in on Monday cuz I ate badly on Saturday and Sunday but I did weigh this morning and still doing well. I have lost a total of 4 lbs since last Tuesday.

I do have a couple of questions for you seasoned 4 day dieters. Ok so I did the whole 4 day induction and I was suppose to start transition on Saturday, I didnt do so well even though I had good intentions. So I didnt diet at all on Saturday and Sunday. Is it ok to start transition on Monday or do I have to go back on Induction? I did go ahead and start transition on Monday minus a few items. I didnt have a diet soda or the beans but I did have chicken breast and veggies with fruits plus my snacks. Also, what do you have for breakfast on transition? I have had my 2 cups of coffee yesterday and today but dont know what else to have for breakfast except for fruit, had an apple yesterday and a pear today. Do you have your chicken for dinner or lunch? I was so hungry yesterday that I had mine for lunch at 1:30 and only had a salad for dinner, I woke up so hungry this morning....lol! I dont like this phase and ready to move on...

Have a great day!
NewMe2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:24 AM   #39  
She's trying...really !

My opinion is to move forward with transition. You are probably going to have times throughout this 4day plan that you do slip up - but I've just forged ahead after times like these. I don't plan on stopping until I'm at goal anyway, so I figure it just means it'll take me a little longer if I have some cheats here & there. Others opinions my vary!

I don't have my lists here with me at work, so I don't remember what exactly was in transition - but I do remember wondering what the heck is for breakfast on a couple of the modules. I just switched things all around. When you get to the days where you get 2 snacks, there are many breakfast-ee things on those snack lists. I used a snack as breakkie a couple times.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:26 AM   #40  

Height: 5'4"

I just started this diet last week. Unfortunately I already managed to slip up twice during the first phase. But hopefully third time is the charm
Razz44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:37 PM   #41  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Thanks for this thread. Is anyone still out there using the 4 day plan? I know it's not a long term plan/maintenance but more short term but I'd like to hear from you all!
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:51 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 284/260/200 or <

Height: 5'10.5"

I am back on regular Fat Smash, not 4 day. FS worked really well for me last time, so I am trying again.

I do hope this time to incorporate some of the techniques into my life permanently. We'll see.

I wonder if there are others who are still FSing?
Sheinthespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 04:19 PM   #43  

I think there are a few threads for fat smash...just do a search

I am on the 3rd phase now and doing them in order of the book - On protein now. I like the combination of foods on this one. My stomach isn't acting up and it incorporates South Beach in ways too.

So far, after 8 days, I've lost 10 pounds!
Old 10-04-2010, 08:31 PM   #44  
omalichand

S/C/G: 240/213/160

Height: 5'11

Default first day

Hi all
I just started the 4 day diet today and did well until a few minutes ago after an intense 1 hour workout, I just went straight to the fridge and popped some pastries into mu mouth. Do I have to prolong the first phase because of the cheat or just keep going on?
omalichand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:52 AM   #45  

I'd start all over. Why not?

We got to the protein phase then, yesterday was my birthday so it's back to the first phase me thinks!