Healthy way to detox to start off weightloss after falling off wagon

• Hi everyone....

I recently have fallen off the wagon pretty bad...In spring I lost 20 lbs and I felt great..however, I gained it back and to be blunt, I feel like sh*t. lol

I am looking for a healthy way to detox. Anyone have any recommendations for me?

Im not looking for a quick fix. I am looking as a great jump start to 2010
  • My advice? Just start. Forget "detoxing". Get back on the wagon and go!
  • I would suggest drinking lots of water, working out (sweating it out is great for detox), and eating really clean, whole foods and counting calories. You obviously know what it takes to lose weight and maintaining takes about the same level of effort (which I unfortunately found out the hard way, since I regained a whole bunch of weight I'd lost in the past).

There are major diets like The Master Cleanser, but I really don't believe in doing anything that drastic and it sounds like you don't either.

Try to eat lots of foods that are high in antioxidents such as blueberries, broccoli, etc. I would avoid red meat and eat things life fish, chicken and mostly veggies and healthy grains like Quinoa (which is similar to taste and texture to cous cous but is a comlete protein).

Avoid refined sugar and foods that are high in sodium. I would also avoid artificial sweeteners and sodas of any kind.

There is a list of top 10 foods good for detox here:

http://www.fitsugar.com/6856184

I'm sure you'll be back on track in no time!
  • Thanks for the advice ladies!

I lost the weight in spring by counting calories. I know I can do it again. I have admitted to myself that I feel off the wagon..its only up from here right!
  • Hey JerseyGirl! You have the right attitude and you obviously know what it takes to get to goal! I'm sure you'll be at the Goal and maintanance section in no time!
  • Twice a year, my dad does a diet called Cleanse, it involves taking some supplements and eating mostly fruits and vegetables for a couple weeks. It is pretty strict, but it helps to clean out the body and he always says he feels better after he starts it. It's not for me, I like to still have carbs and meat in my diet, but it works great for him. It is through Standard Process supplements if you want to look into it at all.
  • I am actually doing a "detox" starting tomorrow. At least that's what I'm calling it... Really, it's just 1 week of eating as healthy as possible to kick off my weight loss.

Really, all I'm doing is avoiding processed foods for a week. Fruits, Veggies, Rice, Oats, and lean meats are the basic choices for the next week. Plus, lots of water.