General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-08-2008, 07:00 PM   #1  
The Weight's Coming Off!

S/C/G: 245/245/155?

Height: 5' 6"

Default Dr Phil ~ Ultimate Weight Solution Part 1

I love the quote Dr. Phil uses to open the book:
Quote:
Change can come in either of two important ways: Start behaving positively or stop behaving negatively.
For me, it's some of both that needs to happen. It's not all about deprivation and giving things up.
I also really like that you don't need willpower - this is a way of programming yourself for success. As soon as I try to turn on willpower, I rebel against myself, as crazy as that seems. "Nobody's gonna tell me what I can't eat!" - even if that nobody is ME!
In the get-real expectations section, I actually did calculate my waist:hip ratio. I have seen this talked about many times, but never got out the tape measure and did it. My number is 0.987 when for women it should be less than 0.8! This also made me see my waist measurement. Dr. Oz and others have talked a lot lately on tv about a woman's waist should be 35 or less for good health, otherwise you have a lot of visceral fat around your organs. Mine is FIFTY inches.
I am not going to write all my goals down here, but my weight goal is 175 for this year (lose 3 lbs a month), then 155 for 2009 (2 lbs a month). Then we'll see if I think I need to go lower. This is very slow loss, but I am still breastfeeding my baby and I need an attainable goal, so many times in the past I have set my goal too high and gotten discouraged too quickly.
In the readiness section, I scored an 18 (Zero Hour)! The last time I started this book, I was only at a 14 (Crossroads).
My goal is to post a key a week and discuss that key all week.
Ottoette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:11 AM   #2  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

good morning,
i have just started reading his book. i am a diabetic and had lost 76#s when doc told me to quit smoking since my overall health was under control. this was the last thing to work on beside finishing losing weight. that was a year ago. i did quit smoking and put on 15#s. for this last year i have been struggling with eating, sugar numbers, exercising. looking for the magic pill. (i know is not out there). than talking to my sister the other day it came to me. since i didn't have my food anymore when i quit smoking and i didn't have my cigarettes when i changed my eating, i was looking for a new vice. i don't drink, or do drugs so those things never crossed my mind. but, that is what i have been struggling with for the past year, finding a new vice. well, had got his book at goodwill and thought well i had heard he deals with the mind in it, and that is what i need now. so i began my proper way of eating for a diabitc and reading to change my mind set, and stop looking for a new vice. i just decided my new vice will be life. i have had a very rough year. any insight would be great.
thanks for reading.
cathy
chipper15173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 02:01 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 360/309/185

Height: 6'1

The thing I like about the waist- I was so concerned after watching the YOAD program on tv I'd have to hit 32 inches in my waist-- Being I'm like 53 And turns out its different for your height so mine can be up to 37 LOL not much comfort but at least it helps
bettyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 11:00 PM   #4  

yeah.....age is a factor here for sure. Especially for those over 50......waist measurements are bound to be a little higher..
walrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 06:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Sorry to bump an old thread...but is anyone still doing the plan as outlines in the Ultimate Weight Solutions?

I did this "diet" a couple years ago and I felt excellent. It was so easy to follow and didn't require a whole lot of planning so I'm going to go back on it. Was looking for a Dr Phil buddy.
babygrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:05 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 234/153/138

I lost 82 lbs. on this plan in 2004. Maintained till 2007, when dh became deathly ill, etc. and I quit eating healthy. Still have the book sitting right here, and I'm doing the "DTour" plan mostly these past 2 1/2 months, lost 19 lbs. so far. Any eating plan a person can stay on is worthwhile. I find I need to become obsessive/compulsive in order to succeed though.

I wish Dr. Phil would spend more time on his tv shows talking with weight challenged people rather than wasting time with nut cases/family nonsense.
results not typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:40 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 150/145/110

Height: 4 ft 11

I purchased his book. It's a very good read!

kari1980 is offline   Reply With Quote