General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-21-2010, 11:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 168/157/105

Height: 5"2

Default Could really use some suggestions please

Tomorrow I have an appointment with my OB/GYN I am going to ask her if I can be prescribed phentermine so I can get back some energy to get some of this weight off.

I am trying to think of a good way to approach it with her and make her see that it isn't solely for cosmetic reasons that I want to lose weight but for other reasons as well. I am having a lumbar fusion and disc replacement surgery in March and I am scared to death to go under that kind of anesthesia that will be used to do the surgery with all of this weight on me. I will be stuck in a chair for several weeks after this is done and don't want to allow myself to lose control and gain weight while healing. I am so nervous that complications are going to occur during surgery that could have been prevented had I not weighed as much as I do, I was going to postpone the surgery until I got the weight off but at this point my back is in such bad shape that it is getting worse as time goes on and the longer I keep letting it go the more problems that start to show up and so my neurosurgeon told me that at this point there is no more options.

I could really use some help as to how would be the best way to approach her. I have been her patient for several years and she did assist me with my second pregnancy so hopefully that will work for me. Thanks in advance I do appreciate any and all help.
cl726or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 04:06 PM   #2  

Height: 5'4

The best approach is just honesty. Just talk to her openly. Explain to her all the reasons you just explained here and hopefully she will understand.

I'm not familiar with this drug so I don't know what it does, or what its most commonly prescribed for. I'm sure if its being used for the right reasons, she won't see any reason not to prescribe it.

Good luck!
Red Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote