General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 12-09-2009, 01:29 AM   #1  
~Too much Fluff~

S/C/G: 215/215/140

Height: 5'3

Default Why am I starving when i eat salad?

OK so this drives me crazy!!! Ate a huge chicken salad and some soup then an apple felt stuffed....within a half hour...starving...like tummy rolling and growling!!! Drives me crazy! Anytime i eat salad..it's horrible! What is the deal and why especially when i eat a full meal with salad...i am still horrible...like right now...starving!! Why? Does anyone have any insight?
tish77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 10:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

You know, it might be the apple. I have noticed they often make me hungry, and have seen others post the same.

I actually find that a salad with dark leafy greens (not iceberg, or not even so much romaine), and real vinaigrette (not low-fat) actually fills me up.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:44 AM   #3  
Becoming myself

S/C/G: 294/233/180

Height: 5'9"

It also might be that you're mistaking the process and body signs of digestion for hunger. There is still food in your stomach after one hour, veggies don't digest that fast! But especially with fibrous foods your body will make gurgling, growling sounds as it breaks them down.

What other signs of hunger do you have? Lightheadedness, thoughts of food, weakness, shakiness?

I'm just throwing ideas out there and you can take them or leave them, but it might be that you're not hungry--just digesting.
sidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

Are you eating them all at once, or are you eati ng one thing, waiting a little bit and then eating some more? Eating it all at once might not give your body enough time to realize it's full. Just a thought!
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 03:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'7.25"

Are you using iceberg lettuce? I could see that not being very filling. I've had bad experiences with fat-free/low-fat dressings, too. Too much sugar and they just burn right through ya. I like to make homemade dressing, these days. It is way easier than I ever thought.
dangerousfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 05:11 PM   #6  

I have the same problem... I think it's because I crave bad things all the time and even though I eat a salad and I should plenty full... I still continue to crave what I really want (i.e. steak, burger, sushi)... it's all in your/my mind ....
Jewelsfaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:35 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 267/ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

I find that while protien is supposed to help keep you full, adding some more carbs does the trick for me. i don't know where you are for calories, but maybe add a slice of bread or even a sandwich with your salad. also your body does send "hunger" signs whe nits thirsty, make sure you're getting enough water in your diet.
medinazarley is offline   Reply With Quote