General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 06-02-2011, 09:47 AM   #1  
is chubby

Default Bored of food

So I started low(er) carb eating 5 days ago.

I used to loose steadily 1,5 pounds a month by eating maximum 1700 calories and excersizing 90 minutes a day. I built lots of muscle but didn't lose the weight one would expect.

Now I lost 2 pounds in five days... so I am more than amazed. I highly doubted the low carb would have any significant effect whatsoever.

BUT... I don't want to eat anymore. I am totaly bored of food. I've been struggling to keep it over 1200 calories and that simply won't do... I mean I am an active woman.

I didn't have a single carb craving either. I just dread the moment I have to stop whatever I am doing to stuff food unwillingly down my throat.

Yes I am still chubby, but this is way to unhealthy an attitude to be happy about it and use it to lose weight.

Has anyone else experienced this? Should I visit a doctor?
Chubbykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

You are short at only 5'2" and a goal of 127 you are probably eating too many calories for 127 to maintain you probably only need about 1500 calories a day.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 10:25 AM   #3  
is chubby

According to my activity I would need 1700 calories/day at my goal weight. I am very active plus I work out 90 minutes every day of the week.

My problem is not that I am not losing weight. I am actually losing faster now, BUT I don't like eating anymore. It is a chore.

I'm worried this low-carb stuff is mighty unhealthy.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:42 PM   #4  
Rocky Mountain "Hi"

S/C/G: 212 / 204 / 150

Height: 5'3"

Have you read up on low carb eating? If not, then you need to know that if carbs are low enough you will go into ketosis which can utterly kill your appetite. Once your body has switched over to fat-burning for energy, the calorie level won't be so critical since you will be using body fat stores for energy. Remember, that's like 3500 cals per pound, so that's were the additional calories come from.

Lowcarb is not unhealthy if done correctly. I encourage you to read up on the internet. See Atkins, Eades, or any of the Primal/Paleo sites.
wurdnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:04 AM   #5  
is chubby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown View Post
Diets are what you make them. Why would you think low-carb is inherently unhealthy?
Well it is certainly life saving for diabetics so obviously not unhealthy for all.

I just found it unnatural how I do not want to eat. I rarely believe extreme reactions are healthy because they are stressful. My diet so far has been smooth and slow 30%carbs 30% fat and 40%protein. So I now made it 20% carbs 30%fat and 50% protein (roughly ofc).

Perhaps it isn't the diet but the change itself... I don't know. I am about a week apetite-less and I've lost 2,5 pounds during that, which is almost double my usual monthly loss.

Now I am torn between weight loss and getting back my apetite.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:03 AM   #6  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I'm all for the smooth and slow, but more importantly, something you can LIVE with forever. Doesnt' seem like the extreme low-carbing is for you. I know it wasn't for me, the notion of eliminating whole food groups wasn't sustainable for me. Yes, I lost 35 pounds fairly quickly, but as soon as I ate a cookie (and let's face it, I'm not going the rest of my life without a cookie LOL) it all came back with a vengeance, and 5 or 10 pounds besides.

But whoever said "a diet is what you make of it" is right -- if it's not working, tweak it and make it work for YOU
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:39 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 161.4/145/130

Height: 5'5"

I did low carb and yes I lost weight with my appetite. I believe it's the fact that protein and fat stay with you longer therefor your appetite isn't as much. Know what I mean? Your more satisfied with protein and fats and they take longer to digest.

I did experience the same thing.

And you lose weight quickly when you first start low carb because you lose a lot of water weight.
Proatthis is offline   Reply With Quote