General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 11-21-2009, 12:56 PM   #106  
I Really Want To Lose 50

S/C/G: 229/179/150

Hello Ladies,

I had a full evening last night as one of the organizations I belong to and serve on the board had a celebration for it's 37th Anniversary with a nice spread, that actually fell right into my menu choices. Very great for me. \

I am still stuck with the same weight for the second week and my motivation is knowing that it will take longer to come off than it did to stay on and I must stay stedfast on my journey to succeed.

Congrats Jan on your 3 pound loss. You go girl!

Life4ver practice makes close to perfect. Keep practicing and then it will be second nature.

Equinata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:17 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 231/222.7/156

Height: 5'2"

Ok Ladies! I fell off and I'm getting back on. I have had two horrible days and I broke down. I need help so when something stressful arises I won't mess up. I was doing really well...planned my meals and was not hungry either. I will not stop until I have control over this. Thanks again for posting Chicks! I really need this forum!
MOTIVATEDMOMOF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:01 PM   #108  
Jan11661

S/C/G: 193.6/181.6/138

Height: 5'4

Hi Ladies,

Hope you all are doing well and staying on track this weekend. A slight slip yesterday at the movies for me with a handful of popcorn and a couple sweet tarts minis but nothing too drastic. Overall I stayed within my calorie allotment that I have set for myself but not perfect on the FS allotment!

Yesterday was the first day on Phase 2 for me. I still didn't alter my menu much other than my earlier confession and adding one whole egg to my breakfast as opposed to just the liquid whites. This was allowed so that was ok. Stayed pretty much vegetarian the rest of the day...past the movie indulgence!

I also went to the bookstore last night and got the actual book to refer to. I had been getting my information for Phase 1 online from here and various sources but on Phase 2 felt it was incomplete. Now that I have read through the book I can see what some others have said in regards to what is allowed and what is contradicting in some of the sample meals and recipes. It's nothing major and can easily be altered, or not, without much difference.

On Phase One I was weighing in at a half way point and then at the end after the 9 days were over. With the new phase being 3 weeks long, I think I will just go forward from last weigh in (yesterday) and weigh myself once a week on the same day.

This Phase will take me to December 11th and at that point I can re-assess. If I find I need an extra little push before Christmas then I can revert back to a round of Phase 1 before the actual day of celebratory eating again!

Well ladies, that's my weekend and my plan for getting through the holidays. Have YOU consciously thought of or made YOUR plans for a healthy holiday?

jan11661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 10:14 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Height: 5'4"

Okay Ladies,

After alot of thought. I have finally made a decision. Since trying to start exercising and eating right at the same time, seems to be my undoing. This week I am going to concentrate on exercising and next week. I will restart the Fat Smash for the last, I am so serious about. Thanks yall for the help.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:17 AM   #110  

S/C/G: 252/212/180

Height: 5'8"

Hi ladies! What an eventful weekend! It started off with the midnight show of New Moon -- no, I am not 11, but I still found myself screaming with all of my high school students when Jacob took off his shirt! And it ended with a ten o'clock munch on carrots. Overall it wasn't my best go at the diet, but it seems to be getting better. I always start off great with some oatmeal in the morning and a yogurt for a snack. But at the end of the day when I'm tired and hungry I tend to make poor choices. Plus I often end up eating out with my family, especially on the weekends.

My poor choices this weekend included popcorn at the movies, three cheese raviolis (but so worth it), and a half glass of red wine. I wonder how you all feel about slip ups. Do you start all over or vow to be "better" the next day?

Tomorrow's going to be tough since I'm buying boatloads of bagels for my students in the morning. I've always been a bread girl. I will not eat the bagels. I will not eat the bagels! If I can make it through that, I think tomorrow will be a good day.

I also started working out again. 40 minutes on the treadmill going uphill for what seemed like forever. I'm glad my knee cooperated, and I look forward to sticking to my schedule (Mon, Tues, Thurs, Sun at the gym). Hopefully I can get in shape for the next 5k in March!

Thanks again all for the support. It's been refreshing to talk about all of this with women (besides my mom and sister) who get it. Good luck this week!
spinsistah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:20 AM   #111  

S/C/G: 252/212/180

Height: 5'8"

Oh and I forgot! I started using a great online tool again: caloriecount.about.com. They have a free online journal for food, activity, and weight. Plus they have a data base so you can look up the nutritional facts if you don't have it in front of you. I still think Calorie King's database is better, but their service isn't free anymore. Just wanted to pass it along!
spinsistah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 08:46 AM   #112  
I Really Want To Lose 50

Hello Ladies,

It seems like this weekend we all had slip ups. I also had some movie popcorn but that was it for me. I had two salads for two meals yesterday to make up for the slip up on Saturday. I think we can still do this!

Jan did you have a chance to peak at the EFS diet?

Old 11-23-2009, 09:11 AM   #113  
Jan11661

Equinata, our early bird, where are you? Everything ok I hope. Hope you had a good weekend.
** I see while I was being longwinded you came on! Seems like most of us got into the movie popcorn this weekend! LOL You did good making up for it though!
I did look at the EFS book but not enough to get any info. I was on a mission to get the other book since so far I seem to be handling it, but thanks for asking!

Spinsistah,

Thank you for the calorie counting website. I too slipped up with the movie popcorn this weekend. I would also agree, and not sound like a preverted 48 year old women, but when Jacob took his shirt off....and I will quote my 11 year old on this.......he was HOTTTTTTT! LOL

Ok, my thoughts on "slipping up" is to get back to it as soon as possible. That has been the same encouragment as I have been giving myself & everyone else "get back on that diet horse" a.s.a.p!

I gave myself that advice when my daughter took us out to dinner last weekend to Olive Garden. Afterwards I found out I ate over 400 calories worth of the darn salad alone! Warning, warning, the Olive Garden salad (as they serve it) is NOT a good choice! That was for one serving too! The whole meal which was the salad and an appetizer portion left me with over 1100 calories for that meal alone. This was NOT a good choice of restaurants for this diet!

Ok, getting back to your question. Personally, if I had a few days in a row of slipping up or even a few days out of the 9 on the detox phase I would repeat it. That could be as soon as that next day or finishing out the 9 days with a galant effort and seeing where that left you on the scale. Seeing the numbers on the scale should motivate you one way or the other!

We are not here to judge one another but just to give support and encouragement. However, since I am so long winded it could seem like I am judging or at best giving a sermon but believe me that is not my intent! LOL

I think you need to do what is right for you. You have a very specific reason for losing weight and getting in shape.....your marathon. This does put you on a tighter timeline then the rest of us though so guage yourself accordingly. I commend you for taking on that challenge!

Life4evr,

How was your weekend and how did you do on your exercising and/or eating? I saw that you are taking the approach of tackling one thing at a time. If this works for you and makes it not so overwhelming then I say "go for it". Baby steps, none of us started out running!

MotivatedMom,

How was your weekend and how did you do?

Hope you all have a good day. Check with you all later.

Jan

Last edited by jan11661; 11-23-2009 at 09:33 AM.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:33 AM   #114  
I Really Want To Lose 50

I am here ladies and today I am on day 2 of cycle one for the second time still with no weight loss, but no weight gain either especially knowing that AF could show any day I am happy I have not gained anything. I am hoping that the scale will take a dive once she leave me. LOL

What has the scale been telling you around your time of the month when dieting? I always think it's about 3 to 4 pounds hight during this time.

One more thing I wanted to share. Even if the pounds are not shedding the change is helping whether you know it or not. Friday I had my physical and my doc was excited about hearing me doing something about my weight as he seen the decrease since the last time I was in his office. All of my test results are back except the Thyroid tes which I didn't even have to ask for he recommended it as he feels that might be a reason why I am having a hard time getting rid of the weight. Well, I can testify that the scale is not moving but I'm healthier than my muscular built husband and he lost about 18 lbs in the same 3 weeks as he did the diet with me. My blood pressure was perfect, cholesterol great, Sugar test great, liver, kidney.... Thank the lord for keeping me.... This is motivation for me outside of the weight dropping. So yes I'm obese, but I'm healthy and plan to stay that way. I told my hubby he needs to step up and work out - he has it too easy with his natural muscular build for now. LOL

See ladies the fruits of your labor will come in one form or another.

Last edited by Equinata; 11-23-2009 at 10:56 AM.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:29 AM   #115  
Jan11661

Equinata,

Great advice and I am so happy to hear that you are getting healthier all the time despite the scale not showing it! Keep up the good work!

Jan
Old 11-23-2009, 11:50 AM   #116  
I Really Want To Lose 50

Hey Jan,

How did you get your signature working?

Old 11-23-2009, 12:04 PM   #117  
Jan11661

Default Signature

Equinata,

If you go into the "Quick Links" button above there is an option (now that we are eligible) for "Edit Signatures". If you go into that there will be a box that looks just like the one we write our posts in but it says "edit signature".

You can add what you want along with your tracker link as long as you are using the websites icons and it dosen't exceed 600 characters total.

This was a toughy for me since I am so detailed. I will have to edit mine as I want to add more dates of progress....and I am being optimistic that I WILL have more dates of progress to have to edit for! Let me know if you need any more help.

Jan
Old 11-23-2009, 12:18 PM   #118  
I Really Want To Lose 50

Ok. Thanks Jan. I must be a day or two behind you. LOL Becasue I don't have that option yet.

Old 11-23-2009, 12:33 PM   #119  
Jan11661

Default Happy Thanksgiving To All

This was in an email I recieved and I thought I would share. I've included a link at the end for a card that is cute if you would care to open it.

Happy Thanksgiving To All!

TWAS THE NIGHT OF THANKSGIVING,
BUT I JUST COULDN'T SLEEP.
I TRIED COUNTING BACKWARDS,
I TRIED COUNTING SHEEP.

THE LEFTOVERS BECKONED -
THE DARK MEAT AND WHITE,
BUT I FOUGHT THE TEMPTATION
WITH ALL OF MY MIGHT.

TOSSING AND TURNING WITH ANTICIPATION,
THE THOUGHT OF A SNACK BECAME INFATUATION.
SO, I RACED TO THE KITCHEN, FLUNG OPEN THE DOOR,
AND GAZED AT THE FRIDGE, FULL OF GOODIES GALORE.
GOBBLED UP TURKEY AND BUTTERED POTATOES,
PICKLES AND CARROTS, BEANS AND TOMATOES.

I FELT MYSELF SWELLING SO PLUMP AND SO ROUND,
'TIL ALL OF A SUDDEN, I ROSE OFF THE GROUND.
I CRASHED THROUGH THE CEILING, FLOATING INTO THE SKY,
WITH A MOUTHFUL OF PUDDING AND A HANDFUL OF PIE.
BUT, I MANAGED TO YELL AS I SOARED PAST THE TREES....
HAPPY EATING TO ALL - PASS THE CRANBERRIES, PLEASE.

MAY YOUR STUFFING BE TASTY,
MAY YOUR TURKEY BE PLUMP.
MAY YOUR POTATOES 'N GRAVY HAVE NARY A LUMP.
MAY YOUR YAMS BE DELICIOUS.
MAY YOUR PIES TAKE THE PRIZE,
MAY YOUR THANKSGIVING DINNER STAY OFF OF YOUR THIGHS!!!

Here is the link for the card I mentioned:

http://www.jacquielawson.com/viewcar...ode=HY27482779

Blessings To You All,

Jan

Last edited by jan11661; 11-23-2009 at 12:34 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:31 PM   #120  
I Really Want To Lose 50

That was nice Jan. Thanks for sharing.