General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 02-14-2010, 01:42 PM   #346  
Is this the last time?

S/C/G: 191/see tracker/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mleajanko View Post
ARGH My book didn't come from Amazon as hoped today so tomorrow is Sunday and no mail on Monday - can someone please give me Day 1's menu so I can start already? I don't want to lose any time since I am exactly 3 weeks from Aruba tomorrow! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
hi!

there really is no menu, it's what you want to eat, but in the quantities and restrictions that FS suggests. Sherry's menu for one day is a good start, but remember too that if you want two clementines for snack, you can have that. i would say just pay attention to your body and when you're full. that's the most interesting thing i've found so far.

i keep going down three pounds then up two, then down three, then up two... this yoyo is making me nuts! but i keep plugging along...

don't forget smoothies for snacks (one banana, about 8 oz NF milk and 6 oz yogurt, any berries mixed in, and even some ice if you want a 'milkshake'.

do i have to paste in the sig tracker each time? we'll see once i post this!

misskitty
misskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 01:49 PM   #347  
Is this the last time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggo44 View Post
gained 20 pounds in one year and hadn't changed anything with my diet or exercise regimen.
ugh! that's my worst nightmare, doing e'thing right and then having my body decide it wants to do what IT wants to do.

i second the rambling, not a problem at all.

one thing good has happened; i've noticed many fewer blemishes what with eating right and exercising. i finally have fewer pimples than my 17 and 13 yr olds!

also, i made myself a trick for the water. i measured my glasses to see which one was really 8 oz, then i drink 2 glasses of water per meal automatically. if we drink one more with each snack, then we have 8 in our day! i drink it first, now that i'm in phase 2/3, i can drink tea and soda again. i want to make sure i get the water in, so i drink it down first.

ok, my sig box is checked (thx sherry), but the tracker didn't show in my last post. do i really have to go and paste in the darn thing each time i write?

misskitty
Old 02-14-2010, 02:18 PM   #348  
Is this the last time?

Default EFS recipes

hi ladies,

i found this site with some recipes for those of you doing EFS. they're not appropriate for FS b/c with EFS you have a particular diet to eat everyday. not like with FS where you can combine and be creative with the permitted ingredients when and how you feel like.

http://www.thismamacooks.com/extreme...shrecipes.html

misskitty
Old 02-14-2010, 10:01 PM   #349  

misskitty, are you in menopause? I wouldn't worry too much about not losing if your not in menopause. Once I was 100% in menopause that is the year I gained 20 pounds without changing a thing. Diet after diet, doctor after doctor and the weight just wouldn't come off until I discovered Southbeach. For some reason my body no longer liked carbs and that is why I couldn't get the weight off. I did Southbeach for about 4-6 months and the weight came off. Fast forward too 5 years ago when I had a grand mal seizure and went into a severe deep depression. Quit exercising (that is one thing I faithfully do) didn't care what I ate and boom here comes the weight. Tried going on Southbeach but would stick to it for about a week then cave. Like I said earlier I have spen boo koos of mula on so many diet programs and every book out there and the only thing that shrunk was my wallet. I remember feeling really good on FS but don't remember how my weight loss went. For the past 4 days I have been trying to eat clean and haven't had any meat and I can't believe how good I feel just from not eating meat. I'm officially starting tomorrow and feel pretty confident about it just hope my willpower doesn't peter out on me. shae8230, misskitty and everyone else who is starting tomorrow or already on the program I wish the best of luck to you.
sluggo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 11:17 PM   #350  
Getting there lbs by lbs

S/C/G: 346/260/184

Height: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
hi ladies,

i found this site with some recipes for those of you doing EFS. they're not appropriate for FS b/c with EFS you have a particular diet to eat everyday. not like with FS where you can combine and be creative with the permitted ingredients when and how you feel like.

http://www.thismamacooks.com/extreme...shrecipes.html

misskitty

THANK YOU!!!! I'm back on week 2, and I was starting to get bored with the same old meal plan. This helps a lot
tryinghardtolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 11:21 PM   #351  

S/C/G: 240/225/150

Height: 5' 7 "

Good Evening~

I had a good day today. We went to church this morning, came home and watched Nascar (BIG FANS! ), and took a nap. lol. Dh and I are ready to start in the morning.

misskitty~ You don't have to paste it everytime. You should be able to go to "edit profile" using quick links at the top of the page. Then, click on edit signature on the left. Then, copy and paste your ticker code in the signature section and save it.

sluggo44~ Good luck to you tomorrow!

tryinghardtolose~ Good luck to you, too!

One thing that I remembered today is detox makes me really tired. I have to remember to take a multivitamin everyday. And eat every 3 hours.

Have a good night everyone,
Sherry

Last edited by shae8230; 02-14-2010 at 11:34 PM.
shae8230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:11 AM   #352  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

shae, good luck today! yesterday was my first day. i was VERY cranky, i think because of the sugar(or lack thereof). I ate oatmeal,a banana, 2 smoothies made with plain yogurt, soymilk, and frozen pineapple, brown rice, black beans and salsa. at the end of the day i realized i hadn't had veggies - i make a big salad every weekend and eat it all week usually, bt i was too tired and cranky to chop veggies. i did go ice skating(my son did great for his first time) and do 45 minutes of cardio at the gym. i didn't drink enough water for some reason, plus i drank too much the night before celebrating v-day, so i'm sure non of that helped.

post later to let us know how it's going!
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:57 AM   #353  
Is this the last time?

let's see if the sig thing finally worked. thanks again sherry!

menopause? i'm 47, so it has started. four years ago i lost 30 pounds and it was easier: the first half was move more, eat less. the second half was the FS diet. it blasted whatever complacency my body had chosen and got me into a good place. i gained back 13 pounds over the last two years and now i'm back down 9. but it's only been 9 in the last five weeks, so i'm thinking of picking up the 4 day diet book today. i think i need a body shock since i faithfully exercise, even though i have to remember to switch it up and not do the same thing 6-7 days per week. the other problem is that i haven't been hungry, so i forget to eat e/3 hours.

sluggo, what a time you've had!!! i'm sure you can do this, you've obviously been through quite a lot and this is just one more step to your future!

hey guess what?! we're going to get another snow storm! if the kids are off school tomorrow.... you'll hear the scream loud and clear across the country.

misskitty
shovel on hand
Old 02-15-2010, 02:28 PM   #354  

S/C/G: 240/225/150

Height: 5' 7 "

Hey all,

This thread was getting a bit long, so.....
I started a new fat smash weekly support thread. Here is the link http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/gene...15-2-21-a.html. Everyone is welcome to come on over and chat with us.

See ya there,
Sherry
shae8230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 03:09 PM   #355  
I Really Want To Lose 50

S/C/G: 229/179/150

Hello Ladies,

Welcome to you all. I apologize for being missing so long it's just that it was very slow then boom a burst of people... How are all of you ladies doing?
Equinata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 02:08 AM   #356  

S/C/G: 173/143/130

Height: 5'7'

Hello Ladies!
I am new to the site and I am just reading through the forums. Just wondering what the fat smash diet is and where I can find it?
Thanks!
dfend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:14 PM   #357  

S/C/G: 170/168/160

Height: 5'10"

Hello out there!!
I was wondering is anyone else doing Fat Smash now. I would love to have a buddy. I am doing phase 1 day 3, so as you can see I just started. 3FC has some wonderful recipes here for FSD looking forward to trying them.
life in motion is offline   Reply With Quote