General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 10:48 PM   #16  

Dang our pitiful little post could get lost.... Hey Bob glad you're kickin'. I'm so sorry about Kate. I hope she gets better and her appitite picks up.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:13 PM   #17  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Howdee

Good afternoon. So far so good. I took the last of the cake to my mom's yesterday so it is OUT of the house.

Ellen...I would love to try and make tamales some time. Robert doesn't eat them so the only draw back is I would..LOL In the garden we have: broccoli, swish chard, curly leaf mustard, collard, carrots, beets, and radishes. I never did find any cabbage plants but it's not too late. The other things are all from seeds. It may be a little late for the broccoli but I'm holding out hope.

Bob...I'm so glad you found the board. I hope everybody finds it before it's too late. I hear you about the vista. My computer went down a couple of months ago and it took a bit for me to find one that was working properly. I'm not sure why you can't save passwords or use Java because mine does both of those things. Praying that Kate wants to eat more and more. Mama lost her desire to eat about six months ago and we are still battling trying to get her to eat. She is one hard headed woman.

Toni...I used to hate the snakes but every now and then I get curious. Not enough to touch them but enough to get closer and look.

Solly...How did it go with the little one at work? Britt is 8 days until her due date and she is SO ready. So am I. I called Lilly yesterday, she turned four. It's heartbreaking not to have access to her more regularly.

I really liked today's tip. I might actually be able to stop making excuses with this one:

15 Minutes A Day Keeps The Fat Away
It can be hard to find the time to exercise. But without activity, your body, mind and spirit will suffer. There are simple ways to incorporate exercise into your busy schedule, and the best part about it is that all you need is 15 minutes. There's no rule that says you have to work out continuously for 45 minutes or an hour. Breaking up your workouts into 15-minute increments works just as well. Try getting up 15 minutes earlier than normal and go for a walk. Then on your lunch break, save 15 minutes for a walk before you eat. Finally, take 15 minutes to walk around your neighborhood each night before you sit down for dinner. If you'd rather not go outside, then turn up some tunes and walk around your house for 15 minutes. You can even break up a workout DVD for variety.

My youngest is ready for lunch and so am I. I skipped breakfast becaue I just wasn't ready but I sure am now. Ya'll have a super day.

God bless,
Crystle
Old 10-07-2009, 08:11 PM   #18  

Good evening.... Just finished a dinner of spraggetti. Slid some grated zucchini in the sauce. To help it be healthier. Eating has been good today.
Sorry I don't have time to post more.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:55 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi ladies,

Busy day yesterday. Last night my 2 DD's and I went to see the production of A Chorus Line. We had all seen it when they were young back in the late 80's and were taking dancing lessons. It was fun. I love culture stuff like that. I should have been rich so I could go to all that stuff like the ballet and plays.

The cancer survivor dinner was Tuesday night and that was nice. It is all free and a nice dinenr is provided with some entertainment. It's nice to gather with others that are in the same boat. Our walk is this Saturday and I go to the dr today to see if I can get this boot off for good. I will probably have to wear tennis shoes for a couple weeks, but I guess that is better than this boot. I just want to be able to do the 3 mile walk on Sat.

I am off tomorrow. we have plans to go to Lexington to the race track but they are calling for storms and rain all day. We may skip it and do some things at home.

Eating has been so-so. I have been to the gym 3 mornings this week. I hope to get DH up and there with me tomorrow.

We are taking the baby to a country restuarant On Sunday that is noted for their home cooking (chicken) and dumplings (not to worry there) and they have a pumpkin patch and winery. We will ride out to the pumpkin patch and get him a pumpkin. He should be a fun day.

Toni, glad you are feeling better. Looks like your eating is going good. I guess we will be getting the storms you had yesterday.

Ellen, you are such a good cook. It is amazing to me the things you tackle. Glad James has a new job he likes. Are you still walking in the mornings with your friend?

Crystle, Now stay out of that cake (but it really sounds good). Better be careful on those walks with snakes around. I don't care what kind it is, I don't like them. Don't worry about the scale sometimes, they have a mind o their own.

BOB, glad to hear Kate is some better. I hope it is the meds and you can get it regulated or off all together. 3 shrimp is not much. Not only do nI not like change, I hate computer changes. I am so limited anyway and learning new stuff with one is too much for me.

Guess I had better get going on some real work. I won't be back until Monday. Have a great weekend.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:15 PM   #20  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

AFTERNOON EVERY BUDDY!!

The PT person came yesterday to work with Kate and before starting, took her BP and pulse. The heart rate was 42. NOT GOOD!! She worked with her to get it going, but didn't have any luck. She called the Dr and they told her to call 911. Spent the afternoon in the ER before they decided to keep her. Glad they did, her coumadin level was twice what it should have been. The Dr called me this morning and told me that he agreed with me about the heart meds causing the problems. They started her on two that did the same thing when she was in the hospital before and that was to slow her heart rated down. Now it's too low. She's very confused today, but they have started adjusting her meds to get everything where they need to be. FINGERS CROSSED for us!

BOB
Old 10-08-2009, 03:26 PM   #21  

Hello everyone! I got all the tamales done and did a huge double batch of the mole sauce. Oh, MY is it good! And I think you could make it SB legal with just a little tweaking. The flavor is so intense you only need a little of it as it goes a long way!

I was supposed to go visit a friend of mine who is in town from Florida, but I had so much to do, and she is staying a long way away, I decided not to attempt it. I knew it would drive me totally batty trying to do it within the time frame I had. I have to pick James up from work at 5:30!

BOB: Praying for Kate...and for you! I will email you. James says Windows 7 does solve a lot of Vista's issues. He LOVES it. I hope you do too.

Everyone else, I need to run!
Old 10-08-2009, 03:31 PM   #22  

SOLLY: Yes, I am walking most morning, but I started taking a water aerobics class at the new aquatic center near me...I LOVE it. They charge $2 a class...can't beat that! I love that you are getting that baby a pumpkin!
Old 10-08-2009, 05:51 PM   #23  

Dang me!!!!! I over ate at breakfast/lunch today. Had some grits. Don't know why but I was just out of control. Watched Dr. Oz today, I love his tv show. Its so full of nutrition stuff. And always has someone on that needs to lose weight with good tips. Its rainy and cool here so I'm having some good green tea with lemon.

Ellen- How wonderful your mole sauce turned out so good. It would be good to can it in pint jars. That's so great you're doing the water aerobics. That sounds like fun. You're such a busy woman....

Bob- So sorry about Kate but good shes getting fixed now. Hope it helps bunches. Shes really had a round. My thoughts are with you....

Solly- Awww that's so sweet getting the baby a pumpkin. Hope you get lots of good pictures. I'm so hopeing you get that dang boot off but sure don't know how you're going to do the walk. Good for you getting to the gym...

Crystle- Hello gal. How ya doing today.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:43 PM   #24  

S/C/G: [url=http://www.3fatchicks.com

hi everyone,
just a quick hi, i did find this board without too much trouble, glad i found you all here!
sugars are still on the high side but i am still losing weight, so will see my dr. next week.
weather here in southwest cincinnati is chilly and rainy, hard to get out and walk.
will write more later...

chris
Old 10-09-2009, 02:15 PM   #25  

Happy Friday afternoon, everyone! I spent the morning running around. I took James to work, then stopped by my daughter and son in law's to kill an hour before Costco opened. I played with Kaeleb, which was fun. I went to Costco and did my shopping, then climbed in the car to go drive across the parking lot to get gas...and nothing. I had left my lights on and the battery was dead! I had to find someone to help me, and he was not too thrilled. But he did it.... So I drove home without getting gas, in hopes that that would be long enough to charge the battery. I ate some lunch and took a brief nap. Now I feel kind of yucky, and out of it, but I have more errands to run, so I am off again. And I must get gas! The tank is about empty.

I am out of my gluten free staples, so lunch was not very good. Just a few slices of cheese, some rice crackers from Costco, a few celery stalks and some macadamia nuts. Tonight I am supposed to go up and visit with a friend who is in town, so I need to plan my dinner soon. Tom has some place to go...and James is off with his girlfriend. I need an energy boost. Not sure how to do that...maybe with a cup of coffee!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 10-10-2009, 08:15 PM   #26  

Made a meat loaf for dinner with green beans and potatoes. Know the potatoes are a no no but had some anyway. For some reason needing comfort food. Of course it was DH's favorite dinner and he was a happy man. Let the day whizz by and got nothing useful done. Yesterday DH ordered a part for my treadmill to get it fixed.

Ellen- Hope you got gas in that car. LOL..... I hate when I leave the lights on. Good for you getting some groceries in.

Chris- Glad you found us. Its so sad we're over here. But glad we have a place.

Crystle- Where are you?

Solly- Hope you're having fun at the pumpkin patch....
Old 10-11-2009, 12:21 PM   #27  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good morning

Howdy ya'll. We thought we were having the baby but he decided it was a false alarm. If you don't hear from me much it's because I'm over at Britt's house so she doesn't have to be alone. The baby is due Wed. and after the last scare when she had to drive herself to the hospital we decided it best if someone was close. I live too far away so I"m just gonna spend the night with her.

Eating has been terrible.

Bob praying for Kate.

((Everybody))

God bless,
Crystle
Old 10-12-2009, 10:54 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good morning ladies,

I had to drag myself to work today. I have not been sleeping well. Las nigh had nightmares. My DH had to wake me up. Even though I was tired I made it to the gym. I have decided enough is enough. My skin feels like it will explode. I usually have to hit rock bottom before I get myself back on track, well I think I have found the bottom.

Yesterday was fun getting out in the pumpkin patch and walking around the place. Lots to see and all of it revolves around food and wine. We ate until we popped. The only good thing was they all pigged out on dumplings and I don't like them. More room for cobbler. We all were pretty miserable. We took lots of pictures and had a great family day.

Ellen, People don't seem to like to help others with car trouble any more. I guess people are afraid or just don't want to get involved. Glad you found someone.

Crystle, keep us posted on the baby's arrival. Does Britt know what it is?

Toni, meatloaf in one of our favorites too. Of course, they want mashed potatoes with it and butter beans.

Happy, so glad you found us. Glad that you are losing pretty steady.

Better get off here. Have a great day
Old 10-12-2009, 11:43 AM   #29  

Morning! I did not make it to water aerobics. My neighbor started her new job today...but she was going to give me a ride to the pool. She never showed up! That is SO unlike her, so I think she may have been stressing about the new job and just forgot. Good thing, as my friend who I go with that gives me a ride home called me about 10 minutes after I should have left to say she was not going! I would not mind walking, but its raining HEAVILY here. The roof is leaking. Sheesh...will it never end?

Eating has been so so. Not eating gluten has changed my style of eating a good bit. I am trying to stick to whole grains, but it sure is hard. I have a flour substitute recipe I plan to try that has potato starch, tapioca starch and whilte rice flour in it. I am at least going to use brown rice flour in it...and try not to eat too much of it. Brown rice cakes make ok sandwiches, but rice tends to raise my blood sugar more than other grains...Wheat did too. Corn on the other hand, doesn't seem to bother me that much. Weird.

I think I will go make a pot of tea. Its a good morning for sipping tea and reading.

Old 10-12-2009, 06:18 PM   #30  

Boiled a chicken earlier and that's been about all I've done productive today. I made chicken and noodles using whole wheat noodles. It looks so good. Wish I wouldn't have given away my pasta roller now. It was a metal one and worked good. I'll have to keep my eye out for another one at a yard sale.

Solly-That was good you made it to the gym. Boy I hate when I don't sleep good. It just ruins the day. I hope its better tonight. Of all the things could happen my treadmill broke and DH had to order a part.

Ellen- Sorry you missed your water sports but maybe it was a good day to relax. The pot of tea sounds good. I love hot tea on a cool day. In fact I love it everyday.

Crystle- Hope you've got a new grand baby!!

Chris- Hope you're doing okay.

Bob- How Kate doing. Is she out of the hospital yet?

Well off to have dinner.
Closed Thread