General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2002, 01:34 PM   #46  

Morning all!

Today was weigh in and it was not as good as I was hoping. I was only down 2 pounds. I thought it would have been more as I was totally perfect and did not falter once! Still its a loss so I am pleased about that !! I am still feeling good and I know I will succeed. Because soon the 2 will be 4 and the 4 will be 8 and so on , and so on !!!!!!

Holly~~~ Way to go on passing your course!!!!!! Doing the happy dance for you !!!!!

Guess what?? I decided to color my hair last night.......do I like it you ask?????? right now I am thinking it looks a little dark. I look like the female version of Fat Elvis !!!!! Nah, I would never wear a outfit belted at the waist like that so I cant look like female Elvis !!!

Ok I am outta here for now...will check back later.

Have a great Monday everyone and keep smiling!!

Nancy

Started WW @home 7/29/02

203.5/201.5/??goal
Old 08-05-2002, 03:23 PM   #47  

Thanks, everyone. I know the extra 2 will go soon. Last night I was cruising other forums on this site - weight loss surgery mainly - to get info for a firend and found a link to a great site if you are interested in starting weight lifting, stumptuous.com/weights.html. Lots of basic info. I also found some input from Mrs. Jim on other forums and her sign on says something like" Weight? Don't know, don't care, feeling good and looking good in a size four!" That is where I'd like to be. I'll never be a size four mind you, but just that attitude. It would be scary to not ever weigh but clothes fit should tell the tale, right? It was also said that women who lift weights would do well to not weigh because muscle is denser than fat so that 5 lbs of muscle takes up less space than 5 lbs of fat, which we all know. I also read of a woman who gained 14 pounds as she increased her muscle but dropped 2 dress sizes, 14 down to a 10. This sounds very healthy to me. It is nothing I haven't heard before but you know how it is - sometimes a thing just clicks. I'll have to mull it over awhile and see if I am ready to commit to more weight lifting and can abandon the scale.
Old 08-05-2002, 06:28 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies,
WeI rewarded myself with a new pair of athletic shoes today-for two reasons-one, for getting back in the swing of things and getting a move on losing the weight I had gained back recently, and second-because I am a sort of mom who buys Gap and Old Navy clothes for my kids, and I go around in a shirt I have had for four years.
I do so many different types of exercise-walking, dance, weights,etc. that I usually wear cross trainers. I found a great pair of Nike ones on sale for only $40! I was also checking out some walking shoes by New Balance and Reebok-and I thought of you girls who do the speedwalking. They are supposed to support the gait you use when walking that way-just like running shoes are bigger and firmer around the heel where there is the most impact, and lighter at the toes. It really makes a difference to wear the correct type of shoes for your exercise-treat yourselves ladies, if you haven't already!
Today has been a really good eating day-hot cereal at breakfast, a protein bar for a snack, a small serving of chili-mostly beans and tomatoes at lunch, and a small serving of spaghetti and marinara sauce at dinner. My snack later will be cut up fruit.
My mother came over today and showed me the Daphne Scooby Doo Barbie doll she bought my daughter for her birthday next month-it is adorable. She is really supportive of what I am doing-my stepfather's a real health nut-and has gotten her into it-so I have someone to talk to about workouts and calories and such.
Well, I have set a mini-goal. My husband's class reunion is in the end of September-and I want to turn this 5 pounds into 16 by then...
Aphil
211/206/195 by the end of September-first mini goal/140 goal weight
Old 08-05-2002, 09:39 PM   #49  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hi guys!

Whew, aphil, what an uncomfortable muggy day for you! The only way to spend a day like that is by a pool, or a lake..Yeah, sister, I can see you in those sexy jeans and black heeled boots on a bike! I love seeing women on motorcycles!

Thank you all for the congrats on my test! However, I didn't ride to work today because I was still so fatigued from the weekend. A wise choice, I think.

Okay, you can bop me on the head for having more good news, but I went jeans shopping today, and I am aghast that I fit into size 8, both Gitano and Rider. I just can't believe it. I have never been that size in jeans before, not even as a young teenager. Back then I was always an 11/12, or 12, or 13/14...I am just so thrilled. I keep unzipping them to check the size tag!

Hope everyone is doing well and feeling good!!

Nancy - how was your weigh-in? was it today? Sending you positive thoughts!!!!!

Your friend, Holly

Dopey me - I posted my reply before I read posts on page 4!
Sorry that your loss wasn't as much as you wished for, Nancy. We know that you were doing stupendously! Yes, the two will become 4, and so on, and so on!!

Hooray for another good day for you, aphil! Very sensible eating. And great that you have someone to talk to about working out. We know that you will be working towards the goal of the reunion and looking and feeling good!

yes, kina, working with weights is really so beneficial for weight loss/weight maintenance. And so true that one could actually gain weight but be smaller.

bye again!

Last edited by VermontMom; 08-05-2002 at 09:46 PM.
Old 08-06-2002, 12:45 PM   #50  

Thumbs down Good Morning!!!

Such a sunny day here in Northern BC.

Holly~~~ Size 8 jeans !!!!!!! That is awesome news. You have worked so hard to get where you are , size 8 such a nice reward !

Kewi ~~~ I did some arm weights yesterday. I am hoping to increase it gradually. It will take a long time to get these arms in shape. But Ill hang in there.

Aphil ~~~ Sounds like you will make your September goal. You got the mindset back and are doing great!

Jacklyn, Kina, the vacationing Tryin'hard, ~~~ How are you girls????

Yesterday was another OP day. I made a WW recipe for dinner. It was Cabbage and rice Casserole. It was so good. The hubby loved it too !(Oh by the way he lost 2 pounds also) I have lots of WW recipes Ill be trying over the next few weeks. Keeps it interesting for sure!

Well ladies,, have a great day..I am off to have some breakfast and enjoy the sunshine.
See everyone later..

Nancy
203.5/201.5/??goal
Old 08-06-2002, 02:06 PM   #51  

Hello everyone!

I've been pretty busy lately....as always, but not complaining I've been doing pretty well with drinking my water and can actually tell a difference with my skin tone. I don't have adult acne or anything, but I feel like it glows a little more. Amazing what a little hydration can do.

Yesterday was okay for me. I ate a little too much for dinner last night, but it was because I didn't get a chance to eat much of anything during the day, so when I did get a chance...watch out!!! I was starving! But it is nothing that I can't recover from.

I been doing good today, and found out that my hubby has to work later tonight, so if I have time I may go on a long walk...if its not too hot here. We'll see.

Congrats Holly on the size 8!! I can hear those black leather pants calling you now! Everyone else congrats on your losses. Hopefully I will be joining the elite club of the "losers" soon!
Old 08-06-2002, 02:07 PM   #52  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Exclamation Today is going to be great!!!!

Hello to everyone. Hi Snowey I am here. I wish I was on a vacation as well. But not just yet. I have the greatest news everybody. I don't weigh myself as often as I had been doing before I started working. Well I jumped on the scale just for the heck of it, this morning...would you believe me I hit my goal!!! 200! I am so excited! There is no turning back now it is going to be all 100s from here on out!

As you know I work at night so I went back to bed to get more rest. That was at 8:30 this morning. I woke up the 2nd time around at 12:00 and hopped on the scale again this time it read 199.5. I don't know which to go with but I am going to stick with the 200 and then work at it.

I keep jumping on the scale every few minutes. I guess because it is so unbelievable but I am loving the feeling I get each time I jump on there and see that it says the same thing each time. I just never thought I would see this ever. Just to think last September I was weighing 225. So much has changed since then. I am really looking forward to taking out the clothes I placed on layaway and taking them right back for the next smaller size. My mom had warned me but I told her I haven't lost enough to go down a size. She says "Oh yes you have." I didn't believe her until 1. I saw the scale and 2. when I put on my plus size 18 jeans and they weren't digging in. They are loose enough on me that I was able to put on my sweat belt underneath and wear it all day at work without feeling uncomfortable. Now that is a great success in my book.

Sorry this was a long post but I just can't find the right words to express myself. Talk more later hopefully at 199!
kina
Old 08-06-2002, 02:12 PM   #53  

Congrats Kina!! We must have been posting at the same time. Dont you just love it when you actually look forward to weighing yourself?? I used to do that whenever I had a significant loss....jump on, jump off, jump on, jump off...just to make sure it stayed the same! I'm sure you'll be in the 100's for good in no time!! Maybe you'll even win that bet!
Old 08-06-2002, 05:58 PM   #54  

Talking Way to go Kina!!!

Kina you are doing great!!!! Im doing the happy dance for you !!!

Nancy
Old 08-06-2002, 10:05 PM   #55  
Biker Chick!

Smile Hooray Kina!!

Way to go girl! That is so cool to be able to see a whole different set of numbers on the scale, isn't it. Now it's all "downhill" - or "downscale" from now on!!!!!

Hi Nancy! Your dinner sounded yummy! Do you make just enough for two servings, or is it portioned out so there's another meal's worth? I'm glad that you had a beautiful sunny day today. We were overcast and CHILLY! In the 60's all day.

Hiya jacklyn - good to hear that you're too busy to detract from your goals. And you're ALREADY an elite loser!

Hi aphil - has your weather cooled down any? Or is it pretty much hot all summer where you are?

Today I had to solicit donations from area businessess (is that spelled correctly?) for our fire department's auxiliary - boy, I hate begging for donations. I end up buying something from each store before I have the courage to ask...but I bought three pairs of nice earrings today! And actually got two good donations and the promise of maybe 6 more.

Hope the vacationing tryin'hard is both having a great time and resisting the many caloric temptations of beach fun...

I rode to our closest Motor Vehicles office (in Montpelier, our capital city, which is actually just a large town!) to get my new photo license with my motorcycle endorsement...26 miles there and back! It was great! AND my photo came out good! You know how differently we sometimes see ourselves - well, I saw that photo, and said, oh my gosh, I can actually see that my face is slimmer. I like it! I showed it to my son, and asked "Pat, do I really look like this?" He looked at me strangely, and said "well, yeah, Mom, it IS a picture of you that they just took today". Kids are so darn honest...

Well, I had today off, so back to work tomorrow...Have a nice evening and a great day tomorrow!

Your friend, Holly
176/150/???
Old 08-07-2002, 08:24 AM   #56  

Hello everyone! Glad to hear that everyone is still on track! What a motivating thread!

I did pretty good yesterday. Stayed within my calorie range and went for a pretty good walk last night. Turns out my husband only had to work for an hour so when he got home we did our grocery shopping together (which is usually a dangerous thing....he SWEARS he can hear the doughnuts calling his name). We actually did a pretty good job at making healthy choices for the both of us.

Well this is a new day and I am determined to make is a good one!! Hope everyone else is doing great!
Old 08-07-2002, 11:34 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi,
Kina-CONGRATS! Great job! I cannot wait to be under 200 again-hopefully it will be soon!
The weather has cooled down a bit this week, today it is only supposed to get up to 78-so I took my son out for a stroller walk, and did about a mile. We both really enjoyed it.
I still plan on doing a bit of biking or something when he goes down for his nap.
My husband is the worst type to have when trying to eat healthier. He eats whatever he wants and stays at 195-which is alright for his height of 6'. I have learned over the past few years just to substitute with similar things. Last night he made steaks on the grill-he had a huge one, and I had a small one for about 250 calories. He had a bunch of potatoes with his, and I had green beans and salad. Even though it was a small steak, I really savored it and had a tad of A1, so I really felt like I was having a no-no.
It is just small things like that-he eats buttered popcorn, I eat light-he eats pudding cups, I eat sugar free Jello ones, etc.
I don't feel like I am missing out on anything this way.
Well, I better go-everyone have a great day!
Aphil-Amy
Old 08-07-2002, 02:33 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 200/200/125

Height: 5'4"

Default Eeeek!

I got lost!

Would you believe i actually FORGOT that I was posting here? My brain is mush lately!!

Anyway, sounds like ya'll are doing pretty well! That's great!

I'm now 15 1/2 weeks pregnant and have so far gained about 12 pounds.. yuck! About 8 of them jumped on at the very beginning and its slowed down since so I hold out hope that my total gain will be within a reasonable amount! 35 pounds total is my goal cuz I think I can get that much back off quickly enough!

My size 10 jeans sit lonely in my drawer.. *laugh* and I've been wearing my old size 14s and now they are getting tight too.. I know I shouldnt be stressed about it but after spending 1 1/2 years taking weight off its hard to watch it coming back even if it is for a good reason!

So, I'm glad to see everyone is keeping up with their diets! I'm going to try to stick around a little more and read posts.. keep me motivated so in 5 1/2 months I can start back on the diet track!!

Christine
Old 08-08-2002, 01:22 PM   #59  

Angry Welcome back Christine!

Christine ~~~ So nice to have you back with us and congratulations on the little bundle to be!!! That is wonderful news!

Dont worry about that weight you are gaining now. You know will have it off once the baby comes. Stick with us will help you

Had a good day yesterday. Day 11 of being completely on program with no slip ups at all I am feeling good about this!

I hope everyone is doing well today and will post soon.

I am off to the dentist will check back in later.

TTFN,

Nancy
Old 08-08-2002, 10:14 PM   #60  
Biker Chick!

Hi everyone!

Hi Christine!!! I have been wondering how you, and the growing little one are doing! Once the baby is born you'll be filled with renewed energy and determination to keep healthy! And the size 10's won't be lonely any more!

Hi Nancy! Day 11 and going STRONG! Happy dancing bananas to you!!

Hi jacklyn! You sound motivated and strong! Good for you!

Hello aphil! Your stroller walk with your son sounded nice. It sure must be difficult to have a spouse who can eat whatever he wants and not gain! But the way you cope sounds sensible.

It was so good to hear from Christine; now how about our past friends? Sprite, Melisa, Kanola, how are you guys? We heard from t-girl a week or so ago; hope she's well also.

Well, I had to come upstairs to the computer because my stomach was growling for something snacky, and I didn't want to "cave" so I had to move away from the kitchen.

Have a nice night and a great tomorrow!!

Your friend, Holly
176/150/???
Closed Thread