Bodybugg/Go Fit users, lets keep on track together 2!

You're on Page 1 of 34
Go to
  • Ok, we hit 500 on the lst thread, so let post our sucess, troubles and keep track together!
  • OK first complaint~I took the summer off frem wearing my BB and now I can't log in! it is asking me my security question and no matter what i put in, I CAN'T GET In!

not happy, I sent an email but I will have to call tomorrow and see what I can do to fix this problem!
  • Hi all! I am brand spanking new to 3FC and I found that other thread so helpful that I thought I'd join and start posting. I should have my BB on Friday and I can't wait! I lost a bit of weight (118 pounds), but I gained 40 back. I want that 40 gone by February and no matter what I do (or have been doing for the past 6 months), it seems like I can't shake any of it!! I am hoping the BB will give me the accountability that I need to kick that weight by the time my wedding comes around!

~Megan
  • Megan,
    to 3FC, been here a long time and there is a tone of great info available here.
    118 gone is amazing, you should be really proud. the BB will for sure help you see the numbers and the 40 will be gone by February.
  • back online and I managed to lose the 5lbs this summer, without my BB, i hope it means I am on the right track and I can tweek it enough to start losing again...how is everyone else doing?
  • Quote: Hi all! I am brand spanking new to 3FC and I found that other thread so helpful that I thought I'd join and start posting. I should have my BB on Friday and I can't wait! I lost a bit of weight (118 pounds), but I gained 40 back. I want that 40 gone by February and no matter what I do (or have been doing for the past 6 months), it seems like I can't shake any of it!! I am hoping the BB will give me the accountability that I need to kick that weight by the time my wedding comes around!

~Megan
    Megan Wow that's so similar to my story. 116 down. Gained 55 back. Lost 40 of that gain so far and want to lose about 40-50 more by Feb (because that's when my Ironman training program begins) BB has been great - It allowed me to get that 40 off fairly quickly (Just under 4 months) so hopefully it will work for you too.

L- Aw man hope they get back to you quickly.
  • Hi everyone. I just ordered a GWF with digital display a few days ago, it's supposed to be in for Friday! I won't be able to start using it until Monday because i'll be out of town, but I can't wait! I've been wanting one for a long time and after reading the comments on the previous thread I finally decided it was worth the investment.
  • I've enjoyed and have been using mine for a while now. I really slacked off of logging food over the summer, but now have commited to get back on track. Even if I don't log food for a day I like seeing how much exercise I've gotten for the day so I still where it all the time. LOVE IT! It really does motivate you.

~Suzie

everyone!

• I've been thinking about getting one but right now money is my issue.I'm trying to save so hopefully soon I will invest in one.I'm just going to lurk awhile to get an idea of what it has to offer.
  • I am brand new to 3FC too, and this is really the first I have heard of the Body Bugg. Do you have to do the online stuff, or is seeing calories burned, etc. enough? Is it more the accountability factor, or the progress/seeing what you have done that makes this effective for people? I am just curious, it is an intriguing product, but it is rather expensive, especially when I saw the monthly fee, etc. for monitoring.
  • Hi all!

Bebe: You don't *have to* enter your stuff online, but get more (and more useful) info if you do. One could just look at the burn data if one wanted to (and some people use other sites to keep track of the food part).

I love my BB but you should also look into GoWearFit as they are less $ for essentially the same thing (I'd get a GW if I were buying such a device now). I find it is seeing the progress, knowing where I stand per day or week/part of the week etc AND the food logging (esp. comparing what I have logged to based on measurements, over time). OTOH it is just a tool like any other, kwim?

There are other ways to measure burn, I like measuring ALL the burning I do, not just real workouts, but some people prefer hrms (just for when they wo).

I have been using BB alone since Feb 09, BB and WW online Nov 08-Jan 09, and WW online Sept 08-Nov 08).

Good luck!

ps
    I know I am a lot shorter with a heavier goal so I do not know how much MY experience will help YOU but fwiw I like having all the 411 so I can see where to change things if I stall.
  • Thanks Gretchen for the info.I have thought about WW.I'm going to look into the online.
  • I have had mine for 6 weeks now and love it. I did not wear it last week as I hurt my back and was not doing any exercise and did not want to get depressed looking at my totals. I started back with it yesterday.

My only complaint is that it does not count all my steps in the grocery store. I guess because I am pushing the cart and my arm is not swinging back and forth.
  • Hi girls - Just thought you'd be interested I ordered the medium sized arm band and it's definately quite a bit smaller. Wish they had an inbetween size. The large one only had an inch or so room play on it and the medium one just about closes on me but leaves the rougher velcro size exposed. If you decide to size down I'd wait until the large one is at the very end for that reason.
  • I bought one (GWF) Saturday at Dick's ($119). Relatively smoothly I was able to get on, activate my subscription (including the 3 free months), download the software, launch and set up the activity manager and tell the computer what to tell my armband about me. According to the computer it told the armband, the armband was registered and set up, and as soon as it charged I'd be good to go.

But now the computer doesn't like me. Whenever I go log in (gowearfit.com in case I am being an idiot and missed where I should be going please tell me) I don't get the "launch activity manager" button any more. I get a "You don't own a GWF yet" prompt. If I click get started and tell the computer I bought one elsewhere I just get prompted to buy a subscription (and one subscription will do thank you). Fortunately, I actually saved my confirmation number for the subscription, so I emailed customer service last night. I haven't heard back from them yet.

However, since the computer told me the arm band was set up, I have faith and am wearing it hoping it is collecting data. I'l also wearing my Yamax Digiwalker just in case. LOL Lord help me if I try to walk through a metal detector.

I'm sure customer service will get back with me tomorrow, just clue me in if I've made some obvious mistake, like not written down a web address like a dork.

As a side note, if you are quite obese, like me, and have large arms, like me, when you do buy or order one, you may want to order the larger armband at the same time. My arms are at the upper limit of what they said the medium would accommodate and it is uncomfortably tight. I can deal, but it's like having a rubber band wrapped around. And I also keep fidgeting with it because of that. I've ordered the larger armband. Just saying in case anyone is on the fence about whether or not to order the larger arm band. If you have obese fatty arms -- I would.

Reading these threads really helped me make a decision. Thank you all.