General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 09:13 AM   #16  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

TX, welcome to 3FC!
keep calling or they may not get back to you!
You may have to reset/reregister the program, which is what happened to me last week, in which case the info on the armband will be lost but there should be a way to manually upload information for the GFW.

Good luck with the program. the numbers make it easy to follow.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:08 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 316/287/175

Height: 5'6

I have had mine for about a week now and feel that the accountability really helps me. For a while I was wondering why I was not losing weight and assumed it was due to my PCOS which makes losing weight more difficult. Well, after about three days of wearing it, I realized I was eating as much as I was burning. So no wonder my weight stayed the same. Seeing the numbers makes me face reality more. If I dont exercise, the numbers stay low. If I do exercise, I see the numbers go up. I found that I can burn approx 950 cals in one hour of eliptical and end up doing about 5 miles. It definately makes me work out harder seeing the numbers go up
I have a GWF and am so glad I went with it and not BB. The price is lower and in my opinion the sleep analyzer and the moderate/vigorous exercise identifying option is really cool.
So after wearing it a week, I have lost 6.5 lbs and 2 inches off my waist. I think its worth the $220 I spent...Keeps me honest
Old 09-29-2009, 02:08 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 162/160/130

Thumbs up New to 3FC and BB!

I posted a rather lengthy post in the introduction section explaining my frustrating inability to stick to anything long enough to see results. That being said, I just got a bodybugg from my gym and am really excited about it! I have my "Free 45 minute consult and set-up" this Thursday, so I assume they will explain everything I need to know to be successfull then, but I am eager and curious as to how it works exactly? Do you wear it while sleeping? How accurate is the website for calorie counting when entering food? I have used other free sites for calorie counting and I always run into trouble when I'm eating food I either haven't made myself or doesn't have nutrition labels. How exactly do the numbers on the display tell you what you are burning as opposed to what you are consuming?

Thank you!
Old 09-29-2009, 02:28 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 316/287/175

Height: 5'6

I have the Gowear Fit which has the sleep analysis feature. The bodybugg does not have that. I have heard some wear their bodybuggs to bed though. As for calorie counting, I find that the gowear fit website is adequate for that however the food list is not very extensive and I have found myself putting in the information for some of the foods I eat. The good thing is that it saves it for future use. I used sparkpeople for my calorie tracking and love the fact that you can search other memebers lists to see if they have added the food you are searching for. I have also known some people to track their food on a separate site and use the bb/gwf site for calculating calories burned.
As for the display, it tells you calories you have burned from midnight to current time, what you burned yesterday, what your daily target is, and how much you have burned on a single "trip"..I use the trip option to see how many calories I burn in a workout. it will tell you how many calories you burn and your average cals per minute. the display also tells you number of steps for the day, yesterday, your target steps a day, and steps in a "trip". It will also tell you how many minutes of "activity" you have done...mine is a gowear fit so it tells you how many minutes of light, moderate, and vigorous activity . I know that the BB does not distinguish between those levels but it does tell you how much activity or exercise you have done.
I hope this helps I am sure you will love you BB when you get it
Old 09-29-2009, 05:19 PM   #20  
Owned by Dixie

well, if you are getting it free from the gym, you can decide if the freatures of the BB are good for you.I do wear my BB to bed.I also don't care about the moderate /vigorous issue but some do..
the food feature is only as good as your logging. you will have to take time to add your favorites and If i don't have a lable I will make a best guess OR log onto calorie king and get the info and then enter it into my BB site.

Good Luck and again welcome to 3FC
Old 10-01-2009, 09:36 AM   #21  

L -- Thanks for the advice! I did have to finally call and the "guy" said, I was just now looking at your case. Um yeah, just now cause I called. On top of that YOU were perfectly right. For some reason my subscription didn't process, so basically all I had to do was resubscribe. Which I had considered doing but didn't want to get billed twice 3 months from now (You know straightening out that is always a nightmare no matter what anyone claims!) Because the armband had been registered or synched or whatever the right word is it actually preserved that information and uploaded it. So that was nice.

For years I've been saying, "Some nights it feels like I just lay there and hardly sleep at all." It appears that wasn't just a feeling.

The day before yesterday it didn't seem to pick up the stationary bike (recumbent) but I am going to try it a few more times and see what happens. Or move it to my calf like L and JaJa suggest here. Does it overread doing that? It did awesome on my walk yesterday!

Thank you ALL!
Old 10-01-2009, 10:04 AM   #22  
Owned by Dixie

Try it on your calf and try not wearing it and do a manual input and compare to see how the results compare.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:17 AM   #23  

LAG -- I used Spark to log my food. I'd pretty much perfected it. So I have been logging there, then getting the nutritional totals for the day and logging that as one lump item in GWF (I just call the food 09/30 transfer from spark). That way food logging hasn't taken me any longer than it used to outside of about 1 minute.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:50 PM   #24  
Owned by Dixie

I created JAB (just a bite) got the idea from someone here. It is 25 calories and if I have a bite of someting i I use it, bt if i am logging on my ipod I will do a transfer of total at the end of the day too so I don't have to do it again....
Old 10-02-2009, 11:47 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 163/152/135

Height: 5'8"

Thanks to all the info I read in these threads, I decided to go ahead and purchase the GFW today! Another thanks to everanderson for giving me an extra 10% off at the website as Dick's is all sold out. I do have one question and didn't see it asked anywhere (but I could have missed it)...how easy is it to have someone else use this product? Say that I use it for 6 mos and get to my goal and want to let my hubby use it (would have got him one too if it weren't for the price), anyone know if that's possible? I really wanted this product for the accuracy of my calorie burning to see why it is I have plateaued for so long. After awhile I think I'd like someone else to benefit from this product as well.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:03 PM   #26  
Owned by Dixie

not a problem, you just change the information and goals to set it up for another user, you just can't flip back and forth.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:08 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 163/152/135

Height: 5'8"

Perfect, thanks =)
Old 10-02-2009, 08:28 PM   #28  

Default Hi all, new here!!!

Hey everybody, I just got my Gowear today.. thanks to the post a few days ago I was lucky enough to find one reduced at Dick's! I'll probably have a lot of questions but for now just wanted to HI!!!
Old 10-02-2009, 09:58 PM   #29  

Default First Question here...

So here it goes, how often do you update your stats? Do you log your food in before you consume or after? How does it know what exercise I am doing eleptical opposed to aerobics, walking, pilates, etc...... Thanks and feel free to offer me any advice i'll take it all
Old 10-02-2009, 10:05 PM   #30  

I had adapted to my armband, or so I thought. I mean, hey it wasn't the most comfortable thing, and I have a small bruise, but it was worth it, LOL. I was actually thinking I shouldn't have "wasted" the money on a large armband that I could suck it up.

But my large armband came yesterday! LIFE CHANGING FOLKS! I hardly notice the thing now. I put it on and forget about it. IT ROCKS!

So, if like me you have um, generous, arms, and the band that comes with GWF fits your technically and your arms are technically in the circumference it says it fits but you find it a wee bit annoying, I'd really consider the $20ish (after shipping) larger armband. Did I say it's LIFE CHANGING? It has completely changed my relationship to the band. I don't think about it any more than I do my wedding ring now.

Someone way back asked about if people say anything/ask what it is, etc. Most of my short sleeves shirts it is just barely visible under. When I wore a tank top the other day nobody asked. But I also had on my universal do not disturb sign (the MP3 headphones).
Closed Thread