General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 05:28 PM   #151  

Default New web portal

I haven't used my Sensewear WMS for a few months-mostly because I always had problems uploading my info into the old web portal because there was always a communication error. I have paid for a year subscription for this thing and I want to use it again.

I bought mine through myminifly.com back in April and got a login and password but this new website wants my email address which doesn't work. Now what? I didn't get an email and there is no help on the website. I guess I can call support tomorrow.

Thanks for any help you can give.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:48 PM   #152  
In the desert...

I have been reading this thread and the previous one, and that encouraged me to purchase a GoWear Fit this past week. I've been using it since Wednesday and I really like it. Simply seeing that I haven't hit my calorie burn, or that my deficit is much lower than I would like, makes me want to take action and I think that's what I've been missing. I've been stuck at the same weight, give or take 3-4lbs, for as long as I can remember and I've had enough! I think this is a tool that will help me as I'm very analytical and I like to see numbers (I'm an accountant - go figure!). I believe with calorie counting, portion control and honesty (writing it all down!), I can get my weight heading in the right direction.

Does anyone know the reason behind using the armband on the left arm? My only thought is that if you're right-handed, your left arm is less active and you'll get a more accurate reading. But I'm avoiding wearing it overnight right now as I feel like I want to give my arm a break. If I could wear it on the right arm overnight, that might work...
Old 11-30-2009, 04:21 PM   #153  
In the desert...

Another thought that I had while at the gym (trying to make that a habit again)... how accurate is the GWF on the Stairmill? I sync'd the armband when I got home from the gym and it seemed to record higher on the treadmill and elliptical than on the stairmill, but I know I worked the hardest on the stairmill - at least I think I did, judging by the sweat and heavy breathing!
Old 11-30-2009, 04:56 PM   #154  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by julesp313 View Post
Another thought that I had while at the gym (trying to make that a habit again)... how accurate is the GWF on the Stairmill? I sync'd the armband when I got home from the gym and it seemed to record higher on the treadmill and elliptical than on the stairmill, but I know I worked the hardest on the stairmill - at least I think I did, judging by the sweat and heavy breathing!

observations for me
1 is that the machines overcalculate by a lot! they don't have the information that your GW/bb have and i find it can me more than 2x the amt on the machince vs my upload.

2 for the gym i usually wear the band on my calf, just below the bend in my knee on the back of my leg. especially for the eliptical, (I have a precore with incline adjustment no arms) and mostlikely this is best for the stair mill too and certainly for all biking it may NOT be true for the elipticals that have the arm and resistance but no incline (lifestep?)

try it next time and compare to todays upload...
Old 11-30-2009, 05:07 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 318/294/Healthy

Height: 5'8

OKay so I jumped in today and bought the BodyBugg and the display! My mom is giving me $250 for Christmas so Im using for this.
I got both for $270.

I also bought myself a pair of Sketchers Shape Up Shoes to walk in.

I have started excercing again so Im excited to see if it gives me that lil extra push that I need. Im a math geek I love numbers so I think this will work great for me.

How does it determine what your deficiet needs to be? I know like at TDP you can see what you need to eat to maintain/lose ect is that # going to be the same or will it vary according to my actual activity?

Example at TDP if I am light activity I can eat say 2200 to maintain so to lose 2 pounds I need to either eat 1000 calories less than that or a combo of less calories and excercie to = 1000 per day.
Since it goes by lightly active since thats what I picked I am wondering if the BB will vary since it knows what your really doing.
Does that make sense?

Last edited by LookingForMeAgain; 11-30-2009 at 05:08 PM.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:58 PM   #156  
Owned by Dixie

Looking for me, the BB will determing your coloric intake based on the program YOU set up, you put in all your info, it will ask you a ton of questions and you go from there. i will say it did take a few weeks and i did reset my program a few times until I got it to work for me.
Lucky you a great Christmas gift! enjoy!
Old 12-01-2009, 01:45 AM   #157  

S/C/G: 224/ticker/140

Height: 5' 4"

L144S - How do you reset the data? Can you delete all past data from the Activity Manager?

I've been using it sparingly the last 2 weeks and would like to start over so I can start keeping tabs from scratch.

Last edited by augeremt; 12-01-2009 at 01:45 AM.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:20 AM   #158  
Owned by Dixie

Augerment I don't understand the question. I have a BB so I don't reset data, I can reset on the display for an activity. I upload the data to the website and it clears it off my bugg.

You can also go into your program (my info) and create a new program.
Old 12-01-2009, 02:55 PM   #159  

S/C/G: 178/167/140

Height: 5'5"

Hello, first time poster (and dieter) here. I just finished reading every single post in this thread, but I am still confused as to what the differences are between GWF and the bugg. I was considering buying a bugg from costco because they are $179 and include a year subs instead of (3-6 months), plus costco has a really nice return policy should anything happen to it. But people on this board seem to prefer the GWF. From what I read there is some "sleep analysis" thing that GWF has, even though the bugg can be used during sleep too, so not sure what the difference is. I also wonder whether the resale value of the bugg will be better than GWF because of the Biggest Loser and 24 hour promotions.

Also, how much more cheaper can the GWF get? My Dicks doesnt have it and amazon and drugstore.com have it for $179 also, but with less subscription time. What is a good price for this?

Also, does the display model of GWF work with the bugg, in case I find a deal on one of those. Thanks.
Old 12-01-2009, 03:40 PM   #160  
Owned by Dixie

This is what I understand
BB is affiliated with 24 hour fitness and was designed by them. GWF is not and therefore has different features. and I also understand that they will not be combined anytime soon

I have only worn the BB and frankly it does what I need. i don't have sleep issues and the difference between moderate and active activity does not mean a lot to me, BUT I also don't know what I am missing.

As for the Costco price...it is a good one and I would think snapping it up at that price might be just what you want. it does not come with the display which is an additional price. I have no looked on EBay but maybe there is one there. I think the GWF has been more popular because of the initial price but I think the monthly fee is more and ultimately may buy it because they think they will only use it for the time frame. not true for me, I renewed for a full year. commitment to myself and cheaper than any of the group WL programs. in the end I think they all come out to the same price within about $10.

I will say I am a slow loser, about 25 lbs in the year, but I love the BB, I love that I have numbers to see how I am doing and what I am doing right and frankly on the days I am off, I can see how off I am.

So whichever you chose, you will get use to it and work it to help you.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:31 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 224/ticker/140

Height: 5' 4"

L144S - I was hoping to wipe everything from the Activity Manager (I have a GWF, so I don't know if they call it the same for the BB, but it's the software that shows how many calories I've burned, etc) so that there would be no history and I could start anew. I thought that's what you were talking about. But I guess it's not possible. I emailed Support to see if they could do that for me. We'll see what they say.

Last edited by augeremt; 12-01-2009 at 04:32 PM.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:49 PM   #162  
In the desert...

L144S - thanks for the suggestion. I'm not too concerned about matching the readings on the gym machines as I've read so many times they aren't accurate. But I have to wonder when my GWF says I burned more cals on the treadmill (flat, 4mph walking) than on the stairmill (sweating my butt off, very heavy breathing, def. working a LOT harder) - you know? I'll try the calf thing next time I'm in there and see if that changes things. On the elliptical, even though I avoid the ones with arms, I do use my arms as I would if I were walking or running, rather than resting them on the handles - possibly that's what the GWF is figuring in? On the stairmill, I rest my hands on the handles, because I seem to lose all coordination and balance on that machine! Probably because it's kicking my butt!

LadyMar - I thought the BB was still the big one that The Biggest Loser had a season or two ago and I wanted the smaller profile of the GWF. But - I just saw someone at the gym this morning with the new one and it's identical to the GWF. I don't know what the BB is per month, but the GWF is $6.95 if you buy a year's subscription. I got my GWF on Amazon for $179 with three months free. I think Bodymedia currently has it on their own website for $159 if you buy the year's subscription, and I think that is also three months free - with the holidays here, I reckon there will be bargains to be had all over the Internet!

On a general note, today is the end of my first week with the GWF and I have to say I am really enjoying it. It's definitely an appealing tool for me - someone who likes to see things in black and white. And a couple of times - namely Thanksgiving - I uploaded my data and realized my deficit was smaller than I wanted, so I hauled my lazy butt off the sofa and out for a walk. That's a great motivator for me! I'm also finding that I'm tracking my food as I go, which I think is key for me - I used to add it to Sparkpeople at the end of the day, but not consistenly. With this, if I don't add food, I "cheat" myself out of the data. Weird but hey - whatever works, right?

Last edited by julesp313; 12-01-2009 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Adding response
Old 12-01-2009, 05:17 PM   #163  
Owned by Dixie

Jules,
you have to see what works best for you and and where you need to wear your BB/GW. you will work it out and I agree, it is funny wht burns more. i feel like I work harder on the eliptical BUT somtimes I find I worked harder on my daily walk. on a side note I was in NC for TG and walked a TON, but my 5 mile walk here takes me about 1.5 hours, I did 7 in the same amt of time down there...if you are doing the TM first you might be working harder than you think and as you near the end of your WO on another machine, you many not be working as hard as you think.

Augerment,
Sorry, I have no idea what you are talking about BUT you could chech out the GWF message board if they have one (BB does) or try resetting your program and see if that helps to clear out the data.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:17 PM   #164  

Default Hooray

It finally arrived! 2 days late.. but oh well, that's ok - I get my postage $ back now

Am just waiting for it to charge up, then going to get going
Old 12-01-2009, 05:18 PM   #165  
Owned by Dixie

Veg!
YEAH!!! enjoy!
Closed Thread