General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 09-24-2009, 04:08 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 179/169/140

Height: 5'7"

Default volumetrics

Thanks ArtCat. Tomorrow will be my first full week on plan and so far I am happy with the scale. Where in Michigan are you from? I am near Detroit. You have an impressive loss so far. Great Job!
sunnysky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 04:21 PM   #62  
Liz

S/C/G: 229/185/150

Height: 5'6"

I live just outside Grand Rapids, on the west side.
Thanks for the complement- I actually weight a little less but am afraid to officially post it. I make myself wait a couple of weeks to make sure it's a real loss, then post it. It's taken a long time, but from what I hear, that's the way to make it stick. And that's where Volumetrics comes into play.

Last edited by ArtCat; 09-25-2009 at 04:21 PM.
ArtCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 05:31 PM   #63  

I have been to Grand Rapids before for a concert. It is a very nice city.

I know what you mean about wanting to wait a few weeks before you update your ticker. I have dropped into the 160's a few times just to bounce right back into the 170's. It's very frustrating.

I had my first weigh in since starting the plan and I lost 1.5 pounds. I am very happy with that.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:29 PM   #64  
Liz

Congratulations! Keep up the good work!
Old 09-27-2009, 06:27 PM   #65  

Thanks ArtCat. This weekend was a bit of a challenge, but I did better than past weekends.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:13 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 177/153/135

Height: 5' 4.5"

I have been looking back on my calorie counting notebook to find inspirations. We're in to the Fall now and I'm ready to change my summer meals to soups and hotdishes. It's really interesting to look back over the meals and days these past months. I think some of the meals were transitioning to a new lifestyle and I may never eat again. While there are many that are very seasonal. I have been doing volumetrics from January which is when I started my weight loss. So, everything fits the V Plan. As I near my goal weight, I'm thinking about what will change and it's a struggle to see what to change. I have enjoyed these meals: they're filling, tasty, simple, and cost effective. Hard to argue with that. The only additional items I know I really want to integrate more fully are the MUFAs. While on weight loss calories levels, I couldn't really "afford" the calories of a full serving of MUFAs. Now, I'm looking forward to a full serving of nuts or a tablespoon of olive oil. Thankfully, my (sweet) treat of choice is dark chocolate which is also a MUFA.

I wonder what other folks on volumetrics will add (or fold) in to your plan once you maintain?
iaradajnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:18 AM   #67  
Liz

Things are so quiet here, I thought I'd check back in and see if the thread was still going. How's everyone doing?
Old 10-17-2009, 05:08 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 221/173.5/165(for now)

Height: 5'8"

still popping in periodically - been busy with life and all that. started the winter soups - we got snow the other day -!!!
judipurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 08:05 PM   #69  
Liz

It just really feels different here with Meowee gone...
Old 10-19-2009, 11:28 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 221/173.5/165(for now)

Height: 5'8"

yes, you're right, Artcat...she is missed, and this community is feeling the emptiness - as am I - her "spot" is still there, but she isn't...I feel as if I'm not communicating it right...:::shaking head:::...her postings added a spark to this thread...

:::walks away, shaking head, wiping a tear:::
judipurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:42 AM   #71  

Default volumetrics

Hi everyone,
I had forgotten about this thread and ran back across it today. things are still going well for me. I am bouncing around a little on the scale, but have dropped 1 inch off my waist size. I am happy with the plan so far.

I am so sorry for the loss of meowee. maybe we can keep this thread going. It sounds like she would have liked that.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:55 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 177/153/135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Hi,
Glad you're doing well. Awesome on the waist works. Very good.

I'm still promoting to folks about volumetrics. Yesterday, I ran in to a meter maid (we work for the same city govt). As a walker and non-car owner, they all know I'm a big fan of their efforts. So, we were chatting it up. She actually is a gastric bi-pass patient and having to make dietary changes and figure out protein options.

I was telling her about how I've switched from rice and pasta to bean sprouts, jicama, lettuce, and baby spinach under yummy savory dishes. She was pretty interested and skeptical at the same time. We had a great time chatting. As I walked away, I really did realize just how far I've come down a long road.

For these random people, they think I made 100 changes in one day. But looking back, I've been making minor changes over the past years. It makes me less skeptical of the health groups in my community who really are asking people to make minor changes. I used to think--oh, come on. When a friend of mine was going to yoga once a week and biking an hour or two a week, I was thinking that this will never help her to lose 100 pounds. Well, she looks awesome and is about a size 12 or 14. Just awesome.

So, here's to minor, slow, and tiny movements!

Oh, my own update is a bit shakier. I have a final push to my goal to 138. I've really hit a wall with a nasty sciatica flare up that's very painful and a bad cold that's not letting me rest.

My "turn around" self-chats are that I had many troubles this whole year but NOTHING stopped me. I was pretty intense and focused. I can't seem to grab that same tiger's tail. I do need to get to that point though. Since January, my mantra was "me at the center". I focused on me no matter what, I never let my work or family crisis stop me from planning food, preparing my meals in the morning, and exercising. I'm looking for that point in myself again.

My nerve issue is getting on track and I've a call in to the nurse to hope to resolve this hacking cough.

Step by step, inch by inch. I may be moving extremely slowly toward my final goal but forward is my direction and I've got "me at the center".
iaradajnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 08:29 AM   #73  
Liz

What's that saying? Something about how you can tell the mark of a man not by how he handles success but how he handles failure? It sounds like you're on the right track, iaradajnos, keep struggling towards what you know you need. And I understand completely what you mean by the little steps. Sometimes I get flashbacks about things I used to eat or do, and I'm kind of horrified, so I know I've definitely made some long term changes, too. Small steps!
Old 11-18-2009, 07:42 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

I miss Linda, too.

I just got back from A2 - is that how they write it? Ann Arbor, anyway. We went to The Common Grill in Chelsea, MI. I had lobster soup, and sea food pasta among other things. This was one of the best meals I have had anywhere. Certainly not low cal/volumetric!!!!
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 05:23 PM   #75  
Liz

Yes, A2 is how we write it, and yes, there's incredible restaurants there and in the whole area. Almost any nationality you can think of! It's probably good I don't live there...