General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2002, 06:48 PM   #91  

i found the granola bars at walmart and i have tried two of them. they were not bad
Old 08-15-2002, 08:34 AM   #92  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Which one did you get to try Chell. Thanks for the info I will have to make it a point to check out the Wal Mart here in town. Hopefully they will have them by now. It is nice to get a break from the shakes. I am not a big chocolate person but at the same time I can't see having a chocolate bar for dinner. That is too crazy atleast for me.

Well I must go now. Bye. corina
Old 09-01-2002, 09:49 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 194/165/135

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning All!
I have been up since 5AM reading this thread, and now it seems as if no one has posted in 2 weeks! I hope all is going well.
I have decided to begin SlimFast today, was waiting for the 1st of the month. Last year at this time I lost 20lbs on Nutrisystem but it got too expensive to keep up. I have been on WeightWatchers in the past also, but seem to do better with plans that tell me EXACTLY what to eat and when, lol. It seems I can't be trusted. So I thought this would be a good alternative for me. I went 1st to the SlimFast website to read more about the plan, but didn't like the message board, so I returned here. I hope you all are doing well, and am very interested in your progress. I am 5'4, currently 184.5 for my official weigh in this morning!
Barb
Old 09-01-2002, 12:34 PM   #94  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Angry

Hi Barb. Welcome to this thread. I know it has been quite lonely in here. But I figure the new school year has started and mom's are really busy now. But that is okay I am here always just not as often.

Well that is great that you will begin the Slim Fast plan. I have been using it since last September 2001. I have to admit I didn't follow the plan exactly yet I am now at 199.5. So I have been doing very good. At the same time still enjoying my usual fat foods. I don't ever deprive myself and that could be a big reason why I haven't lost more. I am just excited that I am under 200.

My husband and my anniversary is coming up and I planned to ask for a tennis bracelet or a mother's ring. But I have been eyeballing this exercise machine (an elliptical machine). I have heard people getting big results using that machine. So I am thinking since I have a reason to spend that much money on me I should think...BIG!

Well I must go we are on our way to buy groceries and hopefully find my favorite Slim Fast flavor...orange pineapple. Talk later. Good Luck with the plan and stick with it. Drink lots of water always.

Kina
Old 09-02-2002, 06:10 AM   #95  

hello all,
it has been a while since i have been on. sorry. well i gained one pound this weel bet i went ot a cookout on saturday and pigged out!!! i went and got all 4 flavors of the granola bars from slimfast to try out--by the way if you like banana's try the banana cream slimfast-they are great.

chell
Old 09-02-2002, 06:20 AM   #96  

Smile

Well, today was DAY 1. Sent hubby to Walmart for Slimfast. He returned with case of Chocolate Royalle, Brownie Meal Bars, and Chocolate Peanut snack bars. He didnt return until after lunch so by then I was starving. I fixed dinner for the family and had the Brownie bar. It smelled and looked great. The first couple of bites were OK. Very chewy and didnt seem to break down in my mouth, making it difficult to swallow without LOTS of milk. I work nights so my meal times are strange, so that was breakfast. As a snack I had some popcorn, and a lean cuisine dinner. Later I had the snack bar and it was great. Tomorrow I will try the shake. Hope this works! Any suggestions for other good flavors? Would like to try the Granola bars.
Barb
Old 09-02-2002, 08:26 PM   #97  

Angry Hello!!

Hi,
I am new to this part of the boards. I tried low carb and didn't have much success. Tomorrow is the first day of my new slimfast WOL. I am very excited.
I have about 120lbs to lose. I am 29 and have been carrying this extra weight for about 11 years now, I am sick of feeling this way. I have tried so many different things in the past, but I have never tried slimfast. So, here it goes. You guys have motivated me to really give this a try.
I will post weekly to help myself stick with it. I will also be looking to you all for guidance. Congrats to those of you who have lost weight and congrats to those of you like me are just taking the first step.
I will always be open for any helpful tips or suggestions. Thanks in advance.
Ginger
Old 09-03-2002, 05:18 AM   #98  

I stopped at Walmart this morning and got a few singles of the granola bars. So far the chocolate chip is excellent, I'd eat that anyway. I also had a chocolate Royale shake today, and kept it in the freezer until it was slushy, made a very big difference! Heres to day 2!
Old 09-03-2002, 06:00 AM   #99  

i'm not a big chocolate person. so i pretty much just stick to the fruit shakes--orange-pineapple; banana cream; orange-strawberry-banana. i went and bought all of the granola bars to try. i had a coupon. i have already tried the mixed berry and the cran apple one. best of luck today barbmarie and ilvduke
chell
Old 09-03-2002, 08:47 PM   #100  

The new Slimfast bars are great. I tried Chocolate cookie dough bar and it was heavenly!
Old 09-07-2002, 04:06 PM   #101  

Angry Slim Fast is working for me!

HI my name is Julie. I have lurked for some time but decided it was time to post. I have been doing Slim Fast for about 8 weeks now. The first 5 or so weeks i was very dedicated. The last couple of weeks I have started cheating a little. I feel like I can cheat now that I am so close to my goal of 160.

I am 5'9" and weighed 180. Today I am happy to say I am 163 pounds. I cannot believe it.....

Slim Fast really works if you don't cheat too much and get plenty of exercise.
Old 09-07-2002, 05:51 PM   #102  

Thumbs down slimfast, new

[IMG]http://[/IMG] Hello. I am new to slimfast and new to this Forum. Trying to figure out how to put in the pictures.
I need all the help I can get. I have over 100 pounds to loose and if anyone has any tips. That would be great!!!!! I am trying to do slimfast and use WW points to figure the calorie part. I am not sure if that will work or not. I tried putting frozen banana in my shake today and that was pretty good. I think I will try it with a frozen orange. I wonder how that would work? I really like the the peanut crunch snack bars. Taste like butterfingers to me. maybe too good for my own good. Well i am hungry now. I think I will look for a snack. Hope to hear from you all.
Kitty
Old 09-08-2002, 12:57 AM   #103  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Angry

How's everyone doing? I am doing fine. My mom started a new weight challenge and the bank is rising to 500 bucks. My husband also joined which is great. I weighed in at 204 on my dad's scale but on my scale I am 195. I hate that but I am not going to let that discourage me. I am going to aim to weigh under 200 when we weigh out on that scale. The challenge will be for 8 weeks. I hope to get 15 lbs behind me.

On a very happy note...I was able to get into a pair of shorts that I never was able to wear before. I bought them on clearance a few years ago. When I bought them I couldn't fit into them but I couldn't resist the 5 dollar clearance tag. I figured I would commit to losing the weight and getting into them. But it never happened and here I am about a couple of years, give or take a few months, later fitting into them. I was so happy.

I have been able to do it with the help of Slim Fast...shakes, granola bars, snack bars, and of course exercise and watching my food intake.

As you all know I don't have much time to exercise lately between my 2jobs, credit courses, the family, and life. But my hubby bought me an elliptical machine. I LOVE IT! Boy it is challenging that is for sure. I hope to get this scale moving with the help of this machine. I have commited to 5 minutes a day on the machine. I think my body is adjusting so I think I can add a few more minutes to the routine.

Okay enough said. I hope everyone is doing well. All you newbies welcome. It is always great to have new ones coming into the thread. Go ahead and feel free to add comments, suggestions, success stories, and not so successful stories. We are here to support you and listen. talk later.

Kina
Old 09-08-2002, 08:42 AM   #104  

Unhappy Sad

I went to Walmart last night to stock back up on my Slim Fast shakes and they are out of the Buy 6 Get 2 Free. That was a good deal for $4.08. Oh well.

I tried the peanut butter granola bar yesterday and it was pretty good. I also have a chocolate chip one in the cabinet. I might try it today. I love the shakes but it is nice to have an option.

Kina, good luck on your challenge. You can do it! Don't worry about those scales they are fickle.

Julie
Old 09-09-2002, 05:30 PM   #105  

I am just getting started using slim-fast and am having a terrible time sticking with it. I think it is because I use food for company and comfort....I'm really not sure what to replace it with.

Any suggestions for emotional eaters??
Closed Thread