General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2002, 08:22 AM   #61  

Kina, 1.5 is still good. Any loss to me is SOOOO much better than standing still or gaining! I know what you mean about the keyboard. It is easy to do.

I love the bananna cream. I have some in my frig. Made a couple by freezing a banana and then slicing it into the blender and chopping like I would ice cubes. Blend in the shake which I got as cold as possible without it freezing solid. I had to eat it with a spoon. It was very much like banana ice cream. Read a tip from someone else who freezes a can and then blends 1/2 the cubes with 1/2 a unfrozen can. Sounded like a good idea to me.

I can't find the fruit ones. I will have to look harder. They sound really good.
Old 07-28-2002, 02:42 PM   #62  

Unhappy High Hopes

I still have not lost any more weight...
I keep waking up every morning and running to the scale hoping to see that I have lost another pound... but ever since Thursday morning, it hasn't happened any more. Oh well. The reason I get so bummed out I think is because I always get my hopes up too high. I keep on thinking that I will lose my 10 pounds in a month and stuff like that... I need to tell myself that this isn't as easy as 1-2-3.
Thanks for letting me talk.
Holiday
Old 07-28-2002, 03:18 PM   #63  

Hello

Ya'll got room for one more? My main forum is the "The Loozing Floozies" but no one there is doing the Slim Fast thing.Would love to post here & there!!

I did Slim Fast a couple of years ago and lost weight and enjoyed it. I've been trying to cut back & count fat grams & calories but it's not going too good. And of course I DID gain the weight back after I stopped. So I'm looking forward to starting again.

I bought 2 cases of SF last night at Wal-Mart. I will weigh AND start in the morning!

Looking forward to loosing with you and getting lots of motivation!

Will post weight in am!!
Sherry (Sher-Bear)
Old 07-28-2002, 08:26 PM   #64  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

HI Sherry! Welcome to the thead. We are glad to have you here. You won't be sorry about getting onto the Slim Fast. But the name doesn't mean what it says...it does take a while to get the weight just like any weight loss routine. I have been working on it since last September and I am very pleased with the results. I still have plenty to go but as long as I see that scale going in the right direction I will never complain. FOCUS and DETERMINATION is the key.

But bottom line welcome to the thread. You will find alot of nice and very supportive people. All of them have the strength and determination to get where they want to go and they are on their way. So stop by and add your words of wisdom.

I hope everyone else is doing wonderful as well. Talk later.
kina
Old 07-29-2002, 02:25 AM   #65  

i had to work another 12 hrs today so no exercise. i lost 7 since i weighed last sunday, but considering i had gained 3 lbs(a fluke i think)--so basically i lost 4 lbs this week
michelle
Old 07-29-2002, 08:53 AM   #66  

Holiday, (do you mind me calling you by that name?) you are doing great! Don't get discouraged. I know it is sometimes hard not too but everybody loses at different rates. The more you have to lose the faster the pounds come off initially and then the closer you get to goal the more it slows. Have you tried weighing in less often. Then you wouldn't experience the disappointment so often and the one or two pound loss could keep you motivated for the next weigh day. It could also have something to do with 'the time of the month'. Some people experience water weight gain during those times and perhaps that is why you haven't lost another pound or so.

Sherri, welcome! The more the merrier is what I say and I post anywhere the posts pique my interest. I look forward to reading your contributions. I have never visited the section you mentioned but when time permits I will. Sounds like a fun group!

Chell, wow you are melting! Do you think those pesky 3 could have been the water that I mentioned earlier on this post to Holiday (Ramsgirl)? Even if that is so, 4 pounds is spectacular success! A great big congrats!!

Today is a good day and I am reaching for success also. Thanks for the inspiration Slim Fasters and Friends!
Old 07-29-2002, 11:35 AM   #67  

Hello

Thanks for the warm welcomes! Well today is going to be the first day to start geting this weight off!!!!

I did weigh this a.m. and I hoping that one day the scales will be my friend again! LOL

Will post again tomorrow & let you know how I did today!

Sherry (Sher-Bear)
Beginning Weight: 183
Goal Weight: 150

Last edited by Sherry; 07-29-2002 at 11:39 AM.
Old 07-29-2002, 06:45 PM   #68  
I hate my scale

S/C/G: 173/165/130

I weighed myself today... 8 days on slimfast and no cookies, white pasta, white bread, chips, candy, sodas, mashed potatoes w/ gravy.. I'm not supposed to weigh myself for another 6 days but I couldn't stand it....

I lost 5 & 1/2 Pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't lost 5 & 1/2 pounds in 10 years when I weighed 120 and thought I was fat... 44 and 1/2 pounds to go...
I think the slimfast is a good kick start because I am only replacing 1 meal a day but they are a yummy shake
but I am doing a food diary and really measuring & weighing everything so slimfast keeps me on track!
Thank you all for this thread and site.. Reading all the posts make me realize that I have support and that is sooo awesome!

treat of the month at my house:

1 small (fajita size) tortilla ( fat free)
spritzed w/ butter spray( lightly)
Sprinkle gently with cinnamon sugar ( more cinnamon than sugar)
Broil until crispy but not burned ( watch carefully!)

Thank You Everyone for all the great posts!
Sandy
Old 08-03-2002, 02:44 PM   #69  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Hello Hello Hello...there is an echo in here. Where has everybody gone? Well none the less. I want to share with all of you out there. I have started my seasonal job. So I don't have much time on my hands anymore. I was very worried that I would gain weight by working 'cause these girls can pack on the goodies. Well I am happy to say that I have had the will power to say no each and every time. I have also not made one stop or peek at the vending machine. Nor have I slipped and bought a soda from the soda machine. And the cherry on the top....I have been packing my slim fast or salad eveyday for dinner along with fruit or yogurt. I have also one more bit of news. I bought the new candy bars from slim fast Chocolate Peanut Nougat! It is my new best friend. Can anyone say YUM? !!!!! It is delicious and tastes just like a babe ruth or some kind of good fattening candy bar.

so I have to say since I have made all this effort and have had this continued will power I have been able to lose 1 lb this week. I am only 1.5 lbs away from my goal of 200! I am almost there. Thank goodness.

So how is everyone else doing? Share your success! Sandy you are doing excellent. Keep up the great work and effort!
Bye. kina

Last edited by Kina; 08-03-2002 at 02:46 PM.
Old 08-03-2002, 04:08 PM   #70  

Hey there Kina! I know what you mean... it has been pretty empty in here lately... I used to get at least 3 emails a day telling me that someone had posted something here... I guess it's just that busy summer time for everyone. =)
Anyways, I turned 18 on Thursday... finally!!! And of course on that day... I had to cheat on my SlimFast diet for a little while. My boyfriend took me to a steak house here and I ate steak, a baked potato, bread, green beans... and ICE CREAM CAKE!!! It felt good to cheat... hehehe... but I am very proud to say that the very next day... I went right back to my normal SlimFast schedule. One for breakfast, one for lunch, and a somewhat healthy dinner.
I haven't weighed in lately... everyone told me that I should weigh only once or twice a week, so next time I weigh, I will let everyone know how much I have lost. The last time I weighed, I had lost 3 pounds since I started SlimFast. I need to get to the gym... but this week has been so busy. It was my birthday, my mom had surgery, my grandmother is moving... so all in all, that is my excuse for not going to the gym lately.
I hope to hear from everyone soon.
Old 08-04-2002, 10:45 AM   #71  

Default Congratulations on your addition

1 pound loss AND you will power. You are doing great!

Happy 18, Ramsgirl!

I am hanging in there. Need to go peel and slice a couple of melons to keep in the frig. I find they help when I am about to have a snack attack.

Will check in later.
Old 08-04-2002, 06:30 PM   #72  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Hi everyone.

Happy Birthday Holly! Wow only 18 what a memorable age. If I could go back...no never mind I would rather stay where I am at 29. But that is a great age to get to know the world. Good going on staying focused. Especially knowing that just because one day was a "let go, let loose day" didn't mean it was all down the drain. that is great.

Hi, Karefree, how are you? I hear you about the melon. We went grocery shopping this weekend. I piled it on when we got to the produce section. It was so easy to pack a salad or my slim fast along with some fruit. The best part of it all I was never left feeling starved. How are you doing with your weight loss? Other than hanging in there.

Has anyone tried that candy bar from slim fast that I mentioned? Oh and have you checked out the new stuff from slim fast. I went looking for them at the store and I didn't find them. So they must be very new that they don't have them in the stores yet. They are like rice bowls that you microwave...something like that. Maybe like pasta bowls? Who knows all I know I was looking for them this weekend but struck out. Maybe next time.

I have to go; making dinner for the familia. Drink your 8 glasses of water if nothingelse. Many smiles to you.
Kina
Old 08-04-2002, 06:51 PM   #73  

Kina,
I did try that candy bar that you mentioned... and you were right!!! It tastes WONDERFUL!!! I bought a whole box full of them. Those will definately be my snacks now.
I guess I will weigh tomorrow morning... I will let you guys know what the magical scale says. =)
Old 08-05-2002, 08:52 AM   #74  
No Limit Souljah!!

Hi Ladies,

Slim Fast has really been helpful for me, lost 15 pounds on it (10 more to go) I'm absolutely hooked on the brownie bars. Imagine eating a chocolate bar without the guilt!! I try to mix it up between the bars and the shakes.And as Kina suggested, water is key I drink plenty!! (Naturally fruit flavored water is good too. No calories and takes you away from the same ole water taste...avoid the carbonated kind)

Anyway, SF requires a lot of discipline in the beginning but you will find yourself getting used to it and hopefully loving it. Off to the gym now! Toodles
Old 08-05-2002, 11:16 AM   #75  

i haven't heard about the rice bowls but i did find something new from slimfast at our local walmart the other day--4 new slimfast meal options bars. they had them to where you buy them one at a time. they are chewy granola. i'm not sure what the one was(i have alreay eaten it--soem berry kind) and the one that i had this morning is cranberry apple. they are alright. if you love chocolate then you'll love them. i'm not a chocolate person.
chell

Last edited by chell; 08-05-2002 at 11:18 AM.
Closed Thread