General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2002, 11:07 PM   #46  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Hello
I've been a member of the 3fc site for about 5 years now and rarely strayed from a few threads that I'm hooked on but I decided to "travel" around here tonight and was so glad to see this thread. I LOVE SLIM FAST!!! I always buy 12 at a time and keep them in the frig. I only use them as a meal for breakfast or lunch if Im in a rush. It's much better than having nothing at all and as we all know....if we don't eat...our body's metabolism slows down and then so does our weight loss. I too am lactose in tollerant....I love the choc. soy shake. Just water, the choc. powder and some ice in a blender and I'm all set. But having the cans in the frig are great when I'm running out the door (happens much too often around here) and it really doesn't bother me all that much. I was reading another thread on here where someone got upset because there were a couple of posts stating that you need to change your way of eating and that slim fast isn't going to do that for you. Well NO DUH!!!!! We ALL know that.....but it's a great shake/snack/meal on the go when you can't eat properly every once in a while and God only knows we're a very rushed and stressed society.
I'm glad I found you all and a big hello to Judygal.
Stick with your slim fast ladies, whatever works for one person might not work for another....luckily...we have a delicious way to "eat on the run".
Hope to "see" you all again.
Old 07-22-2002, 11:55 PM   #47  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Default Ramsgirl...Holly

When I saw your picture I was like where is she hiding this weight she talks about. But then you mention your height...I can understand. My mom is only 5 ft. and just 15-20 lbs over weight. So when she says 149 I am like I wish I could complain. But like you said height has alot to do with how it looks on you.

Well I wish I could say I had all the answers better yet a magic wand but I don't. I have been getting my weight off slowly. By drinking my shake everyday, daily exercise, and drinking more than 8 glasses of water. No matter how tired or sore I may be from the day I still get that exercise in. Sometimes I stay up late because I procrastinated all day to do my exercise and my body won't be ready for bed until I have done my exercise. I guess you could say I have already trained myself. But no matter what you keep a positive attitude and keep reaching for your goal.

Well I must go. The kids start back to school tomorrow. So we will be rising very early in the morning.

bye. Kina

Last edited by Kina; 07-22-2002 at 11:58 PM.
Old 07-23-2002, 01:03 AM   #48  

Well I finally did it!!! I went to Target tonight and bought 16 cans of SlimFast!!! They were on sale... you got 8 cans for the price of 6 for $4.38. So I decided that that was a sign for me to start. I bought one case (8 cans) of Milk Chocolate and another case of French Vanilla. I also bought 4 different Meal Options bars: Rich Chocolate Brownie, Milk Chocolate Peanut, Chocolate Cookie Dough, and Apple Cobbler. I decided to buy the four that they had so that I could find out which one I like the best to buy next time. What flavors does everyone else like???
So as far as I know, the SlimFast plan goes that you drink one for breakfast, one for lunch, and a sensible dinner. Is that right? How often can I eat one of the meal options?
Gosh, I am really really glad that I have you all to turn to about this... I am so happy that I found 3FC!!!
P.S. I also went to the gym tonight and did some abs and some cardio!!! I am trying to get back into my routine again!!!
Old 07-26-2002, 05:23 PM   #49  

when i got my slimfast from wal-mart about a week ago they also had buy 8 for the price of 6.

and another thing to add. at the same time i bought the slimfast-my hubby told me that my butt is starting to look good
Old 07-26-2002, 07:08 PM   #50  

I've already lost 2 pounds since Tuesday!!!! YAY!!! I'm so excited!!!
I'll keep you all updated!
Old 07-26-2002, 07:51 PM   #51  

CONGRATULATIONS
Old 07-27-2002, 12:52 AM   #52  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Hey thumbs up for you Holiday! That is great. I have been working at it myself I hope to show some results tomorrow.

Yes, Chell that is a great deal. I myself have been stocking up. You can't beat that deal. I have never tried the chocolate like Holiday. I am stuck on Orange Pineapple.

PJ, welcome to the thread. Stop by and share some tips whenever you'd like.

I am glad to see everybody being involved. My kids are back in school so my posts will become sparse. I will start working soo as well. But in the meantime I volunteer at the kids school. It keeps me out of the fridge. Take care. Here's wishing a very balanced weekend. kina
Old 07-27-2002, 02:01 AM   #53  

Thank you for the "congratulations" everybody. I just hope that I keep on losing. I weighed myself this morning and haven't lost anymore weight... but I'm still keeping with it.
Kina, I hope you keep up your posts as often as you can. Your posts are always wonderful to read (not saying that everyone else's are not )
I hope to hear from everyone soon!
Old 07-27-2002, 07:12 AM   #54  

Ramsgirl, you are doing great! Congrats on your 2 pound loss! Have you visited the slimfast website? My understanding of the plan is you can have a shake for 2 meals per day and 2 snacks. The snack can be a piece of fruit, a slimfast snack bar, a cup of low fat soup etc. They have some really good recipes on the slimfast site. My hubby and I have fallen in love with the eggplant parmesan. It is really delicious.

Will look forward to further updates on your progress.
Old 07-27-2002, 10:45 AM   #55  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Hi to everyone.

Karefree, are you and husband big veggie eaters. That is my downfall I am not a big veggie eater but I can eat a good salad. How is your weight loss going?

Holiday, you are doing great! If you are exercising remember that you will be gaining muscle. Which we need the muscle to burn that fat. I had gotten stuck on my weight loss and didn't move until recently. It happens and that is just a way your body protects you. Don't get discouraged stick with it.

Chell, how's it going? So what flavor did you buy?

I have to say, people, I have lost 1.5 lbs (oops editing that should have been a 1.5 lb loss for the week) for this week. I am too happy about this because I am only 2.5 lbs from my 200 marker! I am hoping to be there before the end of the month. I don't know I only have 4 days left of the month. Keep your positive thoughts flowing. I hope to be at 190 by September. I will work hard at it but I will settle for close enough if that is as far as I get. We'll see when we get there.

Great luck to all of you. Talk later.kina

Last edited by Kina; 07-27-2002 at 10:55 PM.
Old 07-27-2002, 11:21 AM   #56  
I hate my scale

S/C/G: 173/165/130

Hi I am new to this site and am new to slim fast- My Mom- in- law lost 45 lbs in 5 months and I decided to give it a try. It is working! I have lost 4 pounds this week-( 50 more to go-) I was in a search last night to find out how many calories in a mcdonalds burger and this site came up- WOW ! I was so happy to see others in the same situations I am in- My husband is not super supportive- because he knows he needs to loose 30 pounds and won't do it.... But so far I am eating good and healthy- counting calories( food Diary) weighing and measuring everything- and using slim fast as some meal replacements- Thank you all for this great forum- what a blessing this will be!
Old 07-27-2002, 11:35 AM   #57  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Welcome to the thread Sandisuze. You will find alot of support here. I don't know if you have stumbled across this other helpful site...[url]www.caloriesperhour.com. give it a try. I use it alot.
kina
Old 07-27-2002, 04:14 PM   #58  

Kina, congratulations on you 2.5 pound loss and happy, successful thoughts going out to you to meet your next goal!

As for being a veggie lover....I do like some veggies quite a bit but in all honestly I have never tasted one that was anywhere in the same range as a piece of chocolate. I am ignoring chocolate bars at this time though!

I haven't worked up the nerve to weigh myself. I went to the doctor about a month ago though and have to go back in September so I will see if there has been any progress then. It has been less than 2 weeks but I did notice that some slacks I wore today seemed a little looser. Hope it isn't wishful thinking!

Sandisuze, welcome! This is a great site. There are some really wonderful people on these boards and lots of good information. Glad you found it. Be sure to congratulate you MIL for me. What a great job she did! Is she still losing or did she reach her goal?

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Old 07-27-2002, 07:57 PM   #59  

congrats kina on the weight loss !
i love the orange pineapple shakes, i also like the orange, strawberry, banana; banana creme; and the raspberry, apple, cranberry. i am a big fruit person. i tried the choclate shakes and i didn't like the smell or the taste. it reminds me of the stuff we give some of the residents at the nursing home i work at-2 cal stuff.
so i stick with the fruit ones. i have yet to try the french vanilla. i may like it.
well i will chat with all of you later. i worked 12 hrs today and i am beat!!!!!
michelle
Old 07-27-2002, 11:18 PM   #60  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Ooooh. I have seen the banana creme. But I haven't had the nerve to get it. I really wish Slim Fast would come out either with a variety pack or singles. So that I can try them without the rest going to waste. I got the strawberry creme and it wasn't sweet enough so I had to blend in a banana. Then it was good. But after that I never got away from my orange pineapple. I have tried the orange strawberry banana and that one is good. But I still go back to my orange pineapple.

Oh I have to correct my mistake. That 2.5 should have been 1.5. I can't quite get the hang of the number row on this keyboard. Sorry.

talk later. kina
Closed Thread