3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General Diet Plans and Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions-10/)
-   -   primal blueprint eating plan (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/166691-primal-blueprint-eating-plan.html)

wyndymoon 03-12-2009 01:47 PM

primal blueprint eating plan

Has anyone tried the primal blueprint eating plan?
If so, is it working for you?

Buckeye 03-12-2009 01:56 PM

Hmmmm, never heard of it but just googled it. I think this is something that would be VERY beneficial to my husband. He sees what I am doing and is now talking about losing 20-30 himself. Thanks for the post!

srmb60 03-13-2010 07:14 PM

I am loving it! I read Mark Sisson's Primal Blueprint just lately and am getting to be a bit annoying talking about it.

I've been a nutrition nut for a long time. I'll bet it's been almost thirty years since I first started to realise that I am what I eat ... literally. I know that my body makes new cells every day. What does it make new cells out of? There is only what I eat. That is all the building blocks I have.
Although sickness does happen, I think we can take better care of ourselves. Healthy bodies fight better, be it injury or illness. It's common knowledge that some foods exacerbate some illnesses. This is probably more prevalent than we can understand yet.

I tried all kinds of things. Things that I couldn't make work. Vegetarian, good carbs, added fibre ....

Things that did work. Blood type, food combining, South Beach-ish, lower carb ... They all had components that I liked and made me feel better. My 1200 calories a la Susan is lean proteins and things that grow.

I don't like an hour of cardio. I like twenty minutes of varying speeds on my elliptical. I like a short, hard weight lifting work out.

I've become almost covetous of my sleep time. I just have to get enough sleep or I don't function well ... at all!

I'm hypoglycemic. Have been for years. I know the importance of proteins in preventing muzzy-headed dips.

Here's where I ran into trouble. There is fat loss. I can do that. In my humble opinion there is another end to the spectrum and that's natural female bodybuilders. With no intended disrespect to anyone anywhere in that spectrum ... where did I fit? In my late 40's? content with husband and home? full-time nurse?

How about obviously healthy and easily able to do anything that comes along that I have to do or want to try? Playing with grandchildren, church picnic street hockey, home renovations, financially I have to work until I'm 60 or 65.

I will admit that I would (of my own accord) never have picked up a book about cavemen. But no matter what you think of that part ... there is good stuff in this book.

Probably all of the beliefs I've listed up above have been gleaned from about a half dozen sources.
Anne M. Fletcher's "Thin for Life" 10 keys to success from people who have lost weight and kept it off.
Tom Venuto.
Body for Life
The stumptuous Krista Smash
And certainly not least ... the maintainers and ladies who lift at 3FC. They've probably pointed me to all the others.

All the elements of what I like, what works for me and what makes sense to me ... in one book.

Absolutely worth reading. Even if it doesn't turn out to be a heart light for you, it'll have some very good notions for you to take from it.

canadianwoman 05-14-2010 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyndymoon (Post 2651785)
Has anyone tried the primal blueprint eating plan?
If so, is it working for you?

I've just recently heard of it and am going to get the book soon. In the meantime I am reading the blog/forum like a madwoman trying to get all the information I can find.

Sue991 05-20-2010 07:52 AM

I've been doing/attempting the primal blueprint way of eating for 11 days now and I've lost 4lbs. I found it because of not losing weight when I was using my bodybugg/fitbug and even though I was around an 800 calorie deficit I still didn't lose weight. After a long e-mail conversation with the nutritionists this type of diet was suggested.

Even though I've only been doing it for a short time I've found that I am certainly less hungry and I am finding it much easier to stop eating if I think I may have had enough.

The logic in the book just made perfect sense to me. I also brought the Paleo Diet book as well. Check out marksdailyapple.com for more information and lots of recipe ideas.

CJZee 05-20-2010 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sue991 (Post 3299681)
I've been doing/attempting the primal blueprint way of eating for 11 days now and I've lost 4lbs. I found it because of not losing weight when I was using my bodybugg/fitbug and even though I was around an 800 calorie deficit I still didn't lose weight. After a long e-mail conversation with the nutritionists this type of diet was suggested.

Even though I've only been doing it for a short time I've found that I am certainly less hungry and I am finding it much easier to stop eating if I think I may have had enough.

The logic in the book just made perfect sense to me. I also brought the Paleo Diet book as well. Check out marksdailyapple.com for more information and lots of recipe ideas.

Hi Sue, there's a Primal thread on 3FC ... here is the link.

Karen925 07-01-2010 12:55 PM

Are beans primal

Howdy,
Is having 1/2 cp of beans (chick peas, black beans) with some nuts on a salad primal?
Karen

cathochick 07-08-2010 04:11 PM

From what I have read, beans are not Paleo/Primal.