General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2002, 07:54 AM   #106  

Hi Everyone! It's been a busy couple of days and I finally caught up on everyone's news! Wow! Lots to say...
Dawna--welcome! You've found a very supportive place to hang out!
Holly--Size 10!!! You are amazing! Don't you want a pair in every color and be able to wear the tags on the outside???
Christine--you must look great with the red hair! I colored my hair once and my dh didn't like it AT ALL!
Jacklyn--way to go with the three pounds and it must have felt so good that your dad noticed!
Everyone else--hope your days have been good ones.

Now, for my news....
I HAVE HIT MY GOAL!!! Please check out my numbers at the bottom of my post and you will see that I am actually 1 pound UNDER my goal weight! I've had a rough two weeks with this tooth of mine (I don't recommend tooth pain as a diet plan!!) and I finally went to the dentist yesterday who sent me to the oral surgeon. That tooth is history!! I'm still a little sore today in my jaw, but nothing like the throbbing pain I've had the last two weeks!
But, I AM AT GOAL! I was thinking this morning that it's taken me almost a year and a half, but the journey is all part of the trip. I didn't gain the weight over night, so I never should have thought I could loose it over night. I have learned amazing things about myself (I like to exercise), nutrition (my body needs more protein than I ever thought it did) and support (this forum is VERY important to me!) and I know I can keep this weight off as long as I remain true to myself.
Well, I hope you all have amazing days today. THANK YOU all for helping me reach this oh-so-important goal!
Old 05-21-2002, 09:11 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 200/200/125

Height: 5'4"

Hello All

I'm still not doing great. I'm enjoying the "90/10 Plan" book so far though. I am still thinking that when I get through it I'm going to follow the 14-days she lays out for you and see how it goes. I need some sort of structure to get myself behaving again. My mom gets here Saturday night so maybe I'll have her do this with me. We'll see.

tryin'hard.. Congrats!! It has to feel so great to reach your FINAL goal.. and to bypass it even!!

Holly, your flub doesnt sound bad at all! This is exactly why I want to try the 90/10 plan.. it ALLOWS you to have one 'fun' food a day.. to fill that craving for sweets, or salty foods.. or whatever one craves!

Nancy, I hope you enjoy your trip! All this stress of running around preparing for it will be more than worth it I'm sure!

jacklyn, its really is true.. we do seem to fluctate together lately! So ... 140's .. here we come! I'm ready if you are! And this time, we stay there!!

I'm liking my hair better now that I've washed it a couple times and the color has faded a little. Its much more 'normal' looking now.. My weight is up a pound.. blah.. but its probably water retention as its right around that time o' the month (or its supposed to be anyways.. late as usual).

Oh, one last thing before I go.. according to the "90/10" book, I'm small-boned and should weigh between 108 and 116 pounds! Yikes! Of course, the author says she doesn't want to give you a strict number because different people feel and look good at different weights but still!! I think I'll stick with my goal of 130 for now

Anyway, I'm off to start my day.. hope everyone is having a great week

Christine
195/153.5/130
Old 05-21-2002, 10:45 AM   #108  

hello... well i am trying to be a good girl but i havent been writing in my journal but i have been counting my points but i know not writing leads to cheating so hopefuly tommorow i will be back on track i have got too i want a loss this friday.
i have been trying to drink a gallon of water a day.
i have to goto a homeschool book sale today so i will b gone all day. love 2 all and way 2 go on making under goal tooth or no tooth you had to work very hard to get there. congrads.
Old 05-21-2002, 02:14 PM   #109  

Hey all Just stoppinn in, time been short, son is teething hard again, but not quite as bad as last time. I am OP, and wanted to say hi to everyone hope your day is swell/op. I did 8 min tae bo 2, and it is more intense than the reg ones!! well ttyl. I am not messin up. went back and read some of Stop the Insanity, and it really helped me get my head on straight, TTFN!!
Old 05-21-2002, 02:30 PM   #110  

Angry

Hello all....

Tryinhard~~~~ Way to go !!!!!! I am doing the happy dance for you I bet you are feeling just wonderful about yourself ,You have come a long way!!! What type of plan were you following that made you successful?

Holly~~~~ I envy your energy at 5:30am to be able to do a workout tape. You are determined for sure.
We have lots of bears here. I am always on the look out for them. Hopefully one wont ever cross my path while I am walking because I would just faint on the spot!! Maybe I should give up walking just in case????

Christine~~~~ I want to read that book you are talking about. I like to read different diet books to see if any of them can be the perfect one for me.. But it always seems like I go back to counting calories and doing WW. How does your hubby like your hair?

Dawna~~~~ Good for you that you are drinking your water. It helps so much in losing weight. I have to try and drink alot more then I have lately. Some days I drink alot, some days I am lucky if I get in two glasses.

Melisa~~~~ I hope you are doing well today and not letting the cigerettes get to you. Hang in there!

Jacklyn~~~~ Hope all is well with you and your visit with the family was a good one.

Nola~~~~ How are things going for you? I hope your Dad is doing well. Please take care.

Latisia~~~~ Where ya been? You havent left us have you?

Sprite, Pamela, Hockeychic~~~~ How are you all doing? Its been awhile. I hope all is well.

Ok as for me today, my scale said I was up a pound also. But I am not going to fret about it. This next month will be so hard with being on vacation. I only hope that I can stay strong and that my desire to be thin and healthy will overcome any moments of weakness that I am sure to have.
Ok I am outta of here for now....have some more packing to do...but will see everyone later on....

Ciao for now....
Nancy
Old 05-21-2002, 02:31 PM   #111  

Latisia~~~ We must of been posting at the same time....glad all is well with you.

Nancy
Old 05-21-2002, 03:16 PM   #112  

Nancy, the book hasn't really taught me anything 'new', its just shown me structure.. and if i'm allowed a treat a day within my structured program.. i think it may work. I do exactly the same thing and read every diet book I can get my hands on hoping one will be 'the' one. This is basically portion control.. there are 3 calorie levels tho so I guess its kind of a 'calorie counting' .. 1200,1400,1600. From what I've read so far I think I'll be trying the 1400 level. We'll see. I'll let ya'll know more when I get further into it.. I'm only about 1/4 into the book so far.

Christine
195/153.5/130
Old 05-21-2002, 06:22 PM   #113  

Angry On Vacation!!!!

I just wanted to let everyone know that we decided to leave a day early for vacation so we will be taking off first thing in the morning.
Ill post as soon as I can get to a computer. I hope you guys dont forget about me. Ill miss you all so much...

Take care everyone, stay focused and motivated and most of all keep smiling!!!!!!

Nancy
Old 05-21-2002, 07:40 PM   #114  

Nancy, I hope you have a wonderful trip!! Dont forget about us and check in often!! We will miss your cheerful messages!!
Old 05-21-2002, 08:13 PM   #115  
Crazy Candian in Aus

Talking Still here!!!!

Hey everyone!! I am still here and have been lurking but not having a chance to sit down and write a good reply!! My home computer is acting badly and there may be a virus on it, and hubby is always burning a cd or downloading something on his!!! Work has been a nightmare the last couple of weeks too.

Hello to all those who have joined us! Yay!!

My dad will be having surgery on Friday this week… I am both happy and sad, excited and worried and going through a whole range of emotions right now. I wish Australia was not so far from Canada!!! Oh well… I knew I would be faced with these situations when I packed my bags and moved for love.

I have stuck with the Body for Life program with the eating and the workouts…. And I love it! Except that I have been SO TIRED this week…. must be hard work building the muscles. I am not stepping on a scale for 4 weeks…. Or takeing measurements, but some of my newer clothes are getting looser, even those new size 12 jeans! I feel much better too, but seem to power out at 9 pm at night! My mornings are so crazy tho, up at 5:45 am , drive to the gym, work out, drive home, get showered and ready for work, eat breakfast and out the door by 7:45 am to walk to the station and catch the train or drive to work, depending on what is happening that day! No wonder my batteries run out!

We had a BBQ on Sunday and invited 25 people, it rained and we ended up cooking in the garage and visiting in the house. It was great! I ordered 2 cakes…. A butterscotch 2 layer cake and a pineapple caramel upside down cake. We had so much meat left over because everyone was saving room for the cakes! A friend also brought a cheesecake! I had a piece of all three because it was free day, and my tummy was rumbling and I was not feeling good for at least 36 hours after eating all that. Got it out of my system! I froze the last few pieces for next Sunday and did not sneak a piece during the week! I am so proud of myself!

It sounds like everyone is staying on plan and is getting that exercise in!! Keep with it!!! Well… I am off again, sneaking some internet time here at work!! Naughty me!!

Nola.
Old 05-21-2002, 08:44 PM   #116  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Good evening!

Just a quick check-in, after reading today's posts.

tryin'hard, CONGRATULATIONS! Below your goal weight! I also liked so much your disclosing what you have learned in your journey and success.

We are all giving you a big congratulatory hug!

Kanola, I have been thinking of you and your Dad's surgery...so difficult for you to be half a world away. We're wishing him and your and your family all the best.

And hooray for you on the BFL program! Sounds like it is going great for you. I am sure you are ready to drop by 9:00 pm because of being up early, working out and working all day! I bet you sleep soundly! What a wonderful feeling to have even your new size 12's feeling looser!

Nancy, we wish you a wonderful trip! We will miss your funny and supportive posts. Check in when you can, and know that we're thinking of you.

Hi to everyone else, and have a great evening!

Holly
176/164/160 1st mini-goal
Old 05-21-2002, 09:41 PM   #117  

Good evening all

Nancy, have a great trip!

Nola, its great how you're sticking to the Body for Life! It seems to have some real impact on those who complete it! I hope your dad's surgery goes well.

Well, I am suddenly more like 3/4 through this book because I came upon the 2-weeks of menus and they have it written out for all three calorie levels so I only read over the 1400 calorie one and only browsed it at that. Now I'm on to the "exercise" section.

I think starting tomorrow (wow, not a Monday!?) I'm going to try to follow it somewhat. Not precisely according to the menus but stick with the basics. I'm going to ease my way into it. It breaks down like this for the 1400 level: breakfast is 250 calories, lunch is 350, snack 100, dinner 450, fun food 250. So I'll make sure to stick with those amounts and see how it goes. I'd like to eventually incorporate her meals into it because they are more healthy and balanced than I'm sure mine will be! But, hey, its a start and I really need a start!

Hope everyone had a great day.. I'll let ya'll know how tomorrow goes. I feel ready to start.. hopefully I am! (I've even bagged my 'fun' foods into 250 cal portions in preparation!).

Christine
195/153.5/130
Old 05-21-2002, 11:31 PM   #118  

Angry

my allergies ! i cant breath out my nose i hate it.
i completly bombed today went to the homeschool book fair had a blast but went out to eat had a chocolate dip ice cream from dairy queen then came home and honey bbqed ! but tomorrow is another day and it is back on track for me .
vacation sounds heavenly have fun.
Old 05-22-2002, 09:55 AM   #119  

Just wanted to let everyone know that I've started a new thread, as we're on page 8 here!!

Christine
Closed Thread