General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2002, 03:46 AM   #91  

Hi everyone....its late here right now...about midnight on the west coast but I did not want to go to bed without checking in and saying hello.

Christine~~~ glad to hear that you lost some more weight. Soon you will be in the 140's and doing a happy dance!!!! I bet your hair looks good... I cant wait till I get back to Illinois. My long time hairdresser will be cutting my hair on June 4th..I cant seem to find anyone up here where I live that can cut it like she use too. Pretty bad when you have to travel 3000 miles for a decent haircut eh????

Dawna~~~ you sure are off to a great start. Keep up the good work. I bet you are feeling good about your loss!

Jacklyn~~~ I guess there is no stopping you , soon will be needing some new walking shoes!!!! And I am keeping my fingers crossed for you that you have a great weigh in.. Your dedication and diligence with your walking is sure to pay off tenfold!!!!!

Melisa~~~ When I read your post it made me feel so good!! Thank you for your kind words. I will miss you too. But dont worry you can be sure that I will check in , as I will feel lost with out you guys! I went and read the words to that song. That is so fitting to all of us here, thank you for sharing it .
I am going to download the song and put it on the cd that I am making and going to take along for our vacation. The new one will have this India Arie song , Alicia Keys and lots of other female artists. I am sending strong good luck vibes your way in your quest to quit smoking. It wont be easy , but you can do this!!!!!
Stay strong

My day was a good one... the only exercise I got was running around getting more things done for our trip. But I feel good. I hope that tommorrow Ill be able to get a real walk in. I also did my Friday morning weigh in. it showed that I lost a half of pound,, so I get on the scale again and it showed that I didnt,, so I figure 2 out of 3 right?? well it showed down again a half of pound...so ok...just to be safe Ill do 3 out of 4....well,,, nope I didnt , ok...so how about 4 out of 5 and it shows down ,,, 5 out of 6 shows I stayed the same... 6 out of 7 shows down a half......ok ,by now I am tired and say the heck with it (and all that up and down on the scale was working up an appetite) ... I finally had to admit to myself that I stayed the same this week. I hate when my scale teases me like that....I think I will name my scale SYBIL !!!!! But anyway,, staying the same is ok with me...as long as I dont stay the same for the next month...!!!

Well,, I guess I better get to bed, so I hope everyone had a great day...see ya tomorrow....
ps....Hello to the rest of the gang,,, hope you had a great day as well...

Nancy
207/188.5 (stayed the same) 188 (new mini goal)
Old 05-18-2002, 08:41 AM   #92  

Good morning everyone!!

Today is a good day!! I stepped on the scale and showed a 3 pound loss!! FINALLY! Maybe my body is finally getting used to all of the walking and has decided to let some weight go!

I have decided to let my 2nd mini goal be 145 but I'm not going to put a date on it yet. It was pretty stressful this morning getting up wondering if I was going to show yet another gain! At this time 145 seems so much more attainable than 135 so I'll stick with the shorter goals!

Well this is short and sweet but I have tons to do before my family comes in. They are staying for a long week end and our guest bedroom is a wreck! I'll be sure to check in later. Good luck to everyone else that is weighing in!!

Have a wonderful day!!
Old 05-18-2002, 08:44 AM   #93  

Oh yeah....I also measure this morning and since Feb. I have lost 2 1/2 inches!! Good to know since the scale isn't moving that at least I am getting smaller...slowly but surely!
Old 05-18-2002, 10:21 AM   #94  

Hello this saturday morning
I have been having trouble with allergies and my chest is kinda congested
I am going to stop weighing everyday I think I am just going to weigh on Friday.

well hope you all have a great weekend
Old 05-18-2002, 05:42 PM   #95  

Hello everyone, know it has been a few days, To be h onest, I fell off a few days, and it made me sick!! I was feeling bad yesterday, But i am back. lost 2 lbs, glanced over and congrats to everyone that lost!! that is awesome, kinda rushing but been tae boing when i felt good last week, Doing ok, back on track hope everyone is well!!

ttyl
Old 05-18-2002, 08:21 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 200/200/125

Height: 5'4"

Hello everyone

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Mine is good so far.

Jacklyn, congrats on the loss! My next mini goal was 145, til I made my way back into the 150's so I guess now its 149.. then 145 .. which is what I weighed when I graduated High School (9 years ago). Its doable.. we can do it! fer sure

t-girl, congrats on your loss as well!

I got my hair cut today. I wasn't very daring. It took about 2 minutes and musta made a world record for the quickest haircut ever! I just chopped about 4-5 inches off. Its just above my shoulders now. I like it but next time I'm going to try to be a little more daring

I should follow Dawna's lead and start weighing less. I think a daily weigh-in is too much.. I need to pick a day and start the once a week thing. I used to only weigh on Monday's because I figured it'd keep me from getting too far off track on the weekends but I may switch that to Friday's this time because I like to give myself a little leeway on the weekends!

Anyway, I have to go get some cleaning done, as the inlaws are visiting tomorrow...

Christine
195/152.5/130
Old 05-18-2002, 09:51 PM   #97  

Unhappy

Hi everyone

Hey T-girl, don't feel too bad, you're not the only one to fall off every once in awhile. I've fell off in the motivation department. Have strayed slightly on eating but not far. Right now I'm not loosing very much over the last 4 weeks. Kinda getting tired of exercises too., but I know it will come back to me soon. I can't give up I've come too far . I'm up to 35lbs since Jan. Need 13lbs to reach my goal. I may adjust it after reaching it. congradulations on your loss. Keep up the good work. How's the tae bo? How long is your workout. The one I'm doing is 52 exausting minutes.

way to go for everyone that has lost. Keep up the good work

bye for now
Old 05-19-2002, 12:35 PM   #98  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

HELLO!

Yikes, I feel like I've been gone forever! I just spent time going over the posts of the past two days to catch up. SO many high-fives to give out!

Jacklyn - three congrats for you - 100 -mile mark; losing pounds; AND losing inches!!! You know, your success is what is going to keep me walking. Yeah!

Christine - congrats on your loss! It must be so nice to see the new lower weight on your new scale. I think your hair sounds great, you sassy girl! And the poem was terrific - so true.

t-girl - your few days "off" sure hasn't affected your goals. Down 2 more - have you lost like 30 pounds now? Phenomenal!! You are streaking to your goal! You will get there!!

Nancy - I would say definitely take the half-pound loss! Your description of the on-off the scale was hysterical - that is so familiar - "let me see that again, that I'm down - hey, I'm up? No, I'm down - let me recheck - up again?!"

I would be peeved at the doctor for not being concerned about the dizziness and palpitations - but then again he's supposedly the expert.

We're so glad that you will be able to stay in touch during your trip. We will miss you so much! Your daily posts are always a pleasure, and hilarious!

hereicome - good for you for recognizing that it is so easy to come home and just automatically eat something. You put good choices in your reach, which is so smart. I hope you are doing well!

Melisa - I'm also sending strong vibes to you for helping to quit smoking. I hope that you are still able to do the great early morning exercising. It's so hard to leave a warm bed early, isn't it. But it feels so good to get it done early in the day.

Dawna - Glad to hear that you are staying motivated! Sorry to hear of your allergies bothering you.

tryin'hard - thanks for the encouragement about resisting goodies at work. Now I'm getting flak from my co-workers, as I put the plate of dessert out for the staff meal - they groan and say, "how can you do this to us?" And I shrugged and said, "just doing my job".

I am EXTREMEMLY pleased that I have been able to resist all the abundance of goodies that I've been making; plus at staff meal I can choose just some lean protein like flank steak, or grilled chicken; have some "naked" (no dressing) greens; and resist the starch (rolls, pasta, potatoes). Hopefully I can keep it up!

I hadn't checked in here for two days, because the opening week at work is always killer; then it calms down a bit, so hopefully I won't be out of touch like that again.

Being back at work is making me be much more efficient with my free time! I have two day off now, and I am busy doing laundry, paying bills, cleaning the bathroom, vacuuming, putting stuff into recycling, and asking my husband and son "what the heck have you guys done to this place in two days?"

Hello also to Kanola! And we haven't heard from Sprite, Pamela, darmah, or hockeychick lately - I hope you ladies are all busy and doing well!!

Now to do about 5 loads of laundry - joy!

Holly
176/164/160 ist mini goal
Old 05-19-2002, 06:50 PM   #99  

Good afternoon everyone!!

Just a quick check in since the family is still here. 2 bits of good news. 1st, my dad saw me and the first thing that popped out was "Somebody's losing some weight!" He didn't believe me when I told him I had been gaining!

Secondly, this morning I tried on a pair of my old jeans that I had just tried on a little over a month ago. Then, I couldn't even get the things up over my hips. Today I tried them on and what do ya know?? They fit!!

I guess it just goes to show you that even if you are not showing a loss on the scale, the exercise is definitely working! Hope everyone is doing well!! Today I felt so good about the jeans fittning and so darn motivated I walked 6 miles! One was with my dog, so it was frequent stops to sniff the flowers so I probably wont count that on my overall mileage. Tomorrow is my day off from walking so that will give me a day to recuperate since I will probably be sore, for sure!

Everyone have a great day!! Dawna I hope your allergies get better. I've been having to take Benedryl on a nightly basis. It seems everyone in our neighborhood decides to mow when I'm walking so I get to breath in the pollen! Anyways, get some rest and you'll feel better soon!

Christine-I feel like we seem to fluctuate in the same direction. I think that if one of us can get back into the 140's the other is sure to follow! Hopefully that will happen soon!

Talk to everyone later!! Holly-glad your back and the job is going well!
Old 05-20-2002, 01:23 PM   #100  

Cool

HI everyone,
I'm glad you have all done so great with the exercise and weight loss this week. As for me......................blah. I need some serious help. I binged all weekend and I started smoking yesterday to stop the binging. It didn't help. I need to do some serious soul searching. I don't want to smoke anymore, but I seem to depend on it for something. Ugggg! Enough of my whining.
Have a great day everyone,
Melisa
Old 05-20-2002, 03:07 PM   #101  

hello i feel so much better today. I also got up and walked 1 & 1/2 miles this morning. I am so excited about finally doing something towards getting healthier. thanks 2 you guys too.
Old 05-20-2002, 06:05 PM   #102  
Biker Chick!

Good Afternoon everybody!

Jacklyn, hooray for the pants that fit you now! That is so great. Your six mile walk is epic! I think of you as I do my walk - 3 miles for me today. I love to feel my once-flabby legs moving and striding.

Dawna, glad that you're motivated and moving! doesn't it feel good to know that you're doing something to improve your life and health. Keep up the good work!

Melisa, you're not whining!! Please feel free to vent your frustration. Losing weight and quitting smoking separately are so difficult - doing both must be so hard.

There's a lady at work who lost 30 pounds over the winter, but still smokes like the proverbial chimney. Her figure looks great, but I couldn't believe it when she said she's only 44, as her face appears more of ten years older...I don't know where I am going with this, except that I understand how hard it must be, and wish you vibes to help battle!!

I'm finishing up my two days off, back to work tomorrow. I HOPE to get up when the alarm goes off at 5:30 am, to do a 30-minute tape before work. Then I hope to walk in the afternoon or evening.

Oh! Gotta share this with you. Remember the snarling, barking dog ("Gingerbread") I encounter on my longer walk? Today, as I approached his home, there he was, hair raised along his back, barking his head off. I waited until I got about 10 feet away, then in my roughest, loudest voice, said "Gingerbread!!! Go Home!!!" The dog was so confused, hearing his name come out of a stranger's mouth - he immediately ceased barking, and just stood there looking at me as I triumphantly strode away. It was so funny. Finally, as I was like 40 feet away, he barked again briefly, then went to his home. I guess he was "highly conflicted".

Have a great evening everyone! Nancy, when do you leave? sad for us, happy for you to see your family.

Holly
176/164/160 1st mini-goal
Old 05-20-2002, 08:13 PM   #103  

Hi everyone,,,,,,,

I have been sooooooooo busy.. This past weekend was nuts!!! I feel as if all I did was run here and there and everywhere. It was my father in laws 75th brithday and we had all got together and went to dinner Saturday night and a cookout yesterday. I spent all day playing Bocci ball with the little nieces and nephews. I was not totally perfect eating wise but did not go over board too much. I made a broccoli/cauliflower salad that was very good.. Everyone loved it. And it was lo-cal and low fat.
We are leaving in few days for vacation. I am still trying to get things togther. I do believe that I have packed too much!

Melisa~~~ Dont worry about a slip up on the weekend, we all have them. Remember you cant gain all the weight you lost back in one or two days. So you will be fine. And you will also conquer the smoking thing. Dont be so hard on your self. Trying to lose weight and quit smoking at the same time is not an easy thing. Hang in there!!!

Holly~~~ My sister in law was walking last week about 8 30 in the morning and came right across a bear...and we arent talking Yogi,,,,this was a big black bear. Of course she took off the other way. I dont think she wants to know his name!!!!
Do you think Gingerbread will be nice to you fromnow on???

Well I have so much left to do , so I need to get busy. I hope everyone has a great evening..
Hello to the rest of the gang also...

See ya later....
Nancy
207/188.5/150 1st goal
Old 05-20-2002, 09:20 PM   #104  

OMG walking and coming across a bear? That must have been super scary. I don't know what I would have done. Hubby said the worst thing to do is run. I'm glad she got away.
As for you Holly That is hilarious. I could just see Gingerbread's reaction.
Keep up the good attitude Dawna. It's sure to pay off.
Thanks to everyone for your support. It's so nice to know you guys are here. I hate confessing to my failures. Anyway, I know where you are going with the skin/ aging of smoking. I am lucky so far to be blessed with a peaches and cream complexion. I do look younger than I am, but how long can that last? I know my skin was nicer when I wasn't smoking.
Anyway, tomorrow is a new day. I will get back on track with my good habits and I will just do my best.
Thanks and have another great day,
Melisa
Old 05-21-2002, 07:00 AM   #105  
Biker Chick!

Good Morning everyone!

And so far it IS a good morning; got up at 5:30 and did a half-hour tape. Now whatever else happens today, I know I got that out of the way.

Nancy, OMG, a bear?! I sure hope that is an extremely rare occurance!! You be careful, too!

You must be so crazy busy getting ready for your trip. Do you have any animals (cats, dogs) that you have to have kennelled while your're away?

I sure flubbed up last night - was so wanting something sweet, but we have NOTHING in the house - then I remembered the spice gumdrops that I used to decorate gingerbread (why does that word keep coming up? ) houses last Christmas; and even though I don't even really LIKE them, I ate probably at least a dozen. Well, I guess they satisfied the sweet craving; I sure didn't feel like having anything else after that!

I'm wishing for us all to have a great day!

Holly
176/164/160 1st mini-goal
Closed Thread