General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2002, 05:32 PM   #16  

Well it seems like we are all off to a great week. Let's keep it up.
ttyl,
Melisa
Old 05-06-2002, 05:57 PM   #17  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hey everyone!

It sure is good to read such positive posts.

t-girl -- so glad your son's tooth appeared and he isn't distressed anymore. You sound so energetic always, it's nice to hear! I imagine you popping in that taebo tape and doing a great workout!

Nancy - again, you make me laugh out loud with the funny dream! I am also feeling slug-like with TOM - but I forced myself to take a walk, 'cause I certainly didn't feel like doing a tape. I'm glad I did the walk - felt better afterwards. I did 3 miles in about 50 minutes - does that sound reasonable?

Christine, glad to hear you mood is better! Sometimes everything just seems so blah - we all just have to ride it out. Those size 10 jeans must still be a nice reminder of what you've done, though.

Melisa - hi! good to hear from you. Are you going to try to exercise early because of Bob G.'s recommendation, or 'cause that's the only time for you? Isn't his theory that it is even more helpful for one's metabolism? There is something to be said for getting it done the very first thing of the day, 'cause it's just so hard to tackle it in the evening, after dinner, when you want to be with husband/kids.

Kanola - wow, I am envious of your riding ability! I dropped the bike on Sunday just my confidence injured (even though it landed on my ankle - glad I was wearing boots). Your ride sounded fantastic. I still have to get up the courage to go on a public road. I have a long way to go. I did, however, pass my written test today and earned my learner's permit. Woo hoo - also got a snazzy new helmet, so nice and padded and safe feeling.

Well, I am so excited and scared about the new bike that I haven't even been thinking about meals - I will go until my stomach is growling so loud that I think "oh, man! How could I forget to eat??" I'm sure it will pass, though, and I'll be back to normal (oh, no )

Have a great night everyone! Isn't tryin'hard going on her trip today? And where are you Sprite? and how's darmah, Pamela, and Jacklyn, the Super-Walker?

Holly

Last edited by VermontMom; 05-06-2002 at 10:34 PM.
Old 05-06-2002, 11:23 PM   #18  

Hi everyone, had a good op day, and tae bo tomorrow, cant wait for that burn!! Gotta love it !! How is everyone, hope all is well, will write more later. Just checking in..

Latisia..
Old 05-06-2002, 11:34 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 200/200/125

Height: 5'4"

Has anyone read The 90/10 Weight-loss Plan ?
Its a book, by Joy Bauer (i think thats spelled right)..
It basically, from my understanding, gives you a 1200,1400 or 1600 plan that includes like 200 calories of 'bad' food.. ya know, whatever will help keep you on plan. I just put it on request at my libarary. I'm thinking maybe I could try it out and see if thats not the answer to my problem. I seem to crave something sweet daily so if its IN the plan, maybe I'll do better. Just curious if anyone else has had any contact with the plan.

I'm still contemplating the Xenadrine EFX but I dunno that I want to spend $30 on pills that either effect me negatively or don't work at all (they are ephedra-free.. i wouldnt touch anything with it).. nobody heard anything of these?

Well, I'm off for sleep.. stilll in a good mood today but the eating is still way off...

See ya'll tomorrow..
Gnite

Christine
195/150/130
Old 05-07-2002, 08:26 AM   #20  

Good morning everyone! I've been out of town the past couple of days so I wasn't able to post.

My focus beginning today is my calorie intake. I feel like I've got the exercise thing down so now I'll move on to food. I did take the day off from walking yesterday, but that was my first day off in 2 weeks so I don't feel too bad about it. I'm ready to hit it again after work this evening.

Christine, I have tried the Xenedrine. I'll have to say that it does help with your appetite but I didn't lose any extra weight off of it. Unfortunately, I eat whether I'm hungry or not I stopped taking it though because I began having high blood pressure. I'm not sure if it was because of the Xenedrine but I wasn't going to take any chances. I will say that it makes you EXTREMELY thirsty, so you will definitely get your water in! Maybe you'll have better luck with it. I know some people that have lost weight on it so it does work with some, just not me.

I hope that everyone has a great day! Wish me luck on the calorie counting. I tried to start yesterday but some evil person brought doughnuts to the office....do I need to say anything else? Anyways, new day, new start. Talk to everyone later!

183/152.5/135 first goal
Old 05-07-2002, 09:32 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 200/200/125

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all . . .

I'm still in a decent mood but, I had a cup of tea, some oj and two sugar cookies for breakfast. This is not good!

Jacklyn, just out of curiosity, did you take the Xenadrine EFX or the RFA? The RFA has the ephedra which can cause things like blood pressure problems but I was thinking the EFX wouldn't be as much of a problem because its ephedra-free. I really don't want to take anything thats going to risk my health. I'd rather be chubby and healthy than skinny and ill! Oh, and good luck with the calorie counting! (I need some of that luck too.. )

I'm considering spending some time looking over my food diary from last year today so I can get an idea of what I was eating on my low-cal days. I really need to retrain myself to make good choices so I'm not craving everything in site or starving!

Hope everyone else is off to a great day..

Christine
195/150/130 (I miss my scale! I need a new one!!)
Old 05-07-2002, 11:26 AM   #22  
Doin' it this time

S/C/G: 208.8/208.8/145

Default I'm still here..lol

Hi everyone and thanks for asking about me....

I am doing great, just was areally busy weekend and didn't get online.

I hope everyone is going great I will catch up on all the posts this afternoon, this is such a busy and supportive place to be I know it will help me on my way.
Old 05-07-2002, 12:52 PM   #23  
Biker Chick!

Good Afternoon mAll!

Hello to everyone, hope we're all in good spirits. Sounds like everyone is busy and trying!

Christine, I haven't heard of that book. Sounds like a reasonable thing to allow a little treat a day. I love sweets - I would choose something ssweet and starchy over pizza or fries anytime.

I think you're doing really well in not replacing your scale right away. I know some people are able to live without one, and they say they rely on how their clothes fit as a judge, but we know that the clothes will start feeling different at like 5 pounds difference - and doesn't that seem too far to let it drift? I'm at the point now where if the scale says what I expect it to, I believe it; and if it's two pounds up, I don't believe it - how illogical is that?

Hi t-girl, kudos to you for faithfully exercising. I forgot to congratulate you on your 1.5 loss a couple of days ago - sorry! Way to go!!!!!!

hello Jacklyn -doesn't it stink when someone brings in something tempting like donuts...Good for you that your walking is something that is ingrained in your habit now. I think of you doing your long miles walk when I am trying for 3 or so. I feel confident though in the good stuff that it is doing for me. Thanks for the inspiration!!

Back to the subject of evil donuts - here's something interesting to know - you know the packaged sweet baked things like Sara Lee muffins that you see at a convenience store checkout; you know how fantastic they taste (well, they do to me!). The reason is because we know they are loaded with fat; but they are actually made with even MORE fat than an ordinary-good-tasting muffin, because manufacturers know that extra fat + sugar = yummy taste. However, when blending baked goods, there is a limit to how much fat the batter will hold and still stay smooth and "homogonous" - SO there is an element called "emulsifiers" which allow the batter to hold even more fat, and still be able to bake into something other than a sodden mess. One of those emulisfiers is called lecithin; look for it on the label of baked goods and that most probably means the product was made with even extra fat to taste so evil-ly good. Well, there is the "musings from a pastry chef" for the day...

Hi hockeychic! Glad to hear you're still with us! We sure understand getting busy on the weekends. Hope you're doing fine and smiling!

How are you feeling today, Nancy? Does TOM keep you feeling yucky for more than a couple of days? Fortunately for me just the first day is really blah.

Does anyone have a favorite brand of "sunless" self-tanning lotions/creams/sprays? I use it on my legs 'cause it helps me be able to put on the shorts and walk in public .Any kind I've tried though has the usual chancy orangy tone - and some sure do smell funny. My loving husband says I smell like cheap bug spray or photo-developing chemicals when I have it on nice guy!

I did my 1/2 hour toning session with light weights this morning, so I still have to take a walk this afternoon or evening - talk to you tomorrow!

Have a great afternoon/evening!

Holly
176/166/160 some day soon
Old 05-07-2002, 03:45 PM   #24  

hey all!! I am doing good, did my tae bo early, and it was a good thing, pumped me up!!

Holly, it's ok girl, no prob,I'm not mad atcha!! All love here!! thanks for the advice on the muffins!! there are hidden fats in alot of things, huh??

Hey hockeychic, sorry to hear you are so busy, but glad you are doing great!!! Keep up the work

There is one more thing I wanted to mention, has any one tried that fat free website, fatfree.com?? I think it has great things!! well not everything is fat free there, but very close to it..

Well ttyl. hope everyone else is well, !!

Latisia
Old 05-08-2002, 12:32 AM   #25  

Good evening everyone,

Had a good day today, and I hope everyone else did also.
I plan on weighing myself at the end of the week if Aunt Flow decides to leave town. Hopefully the scale will be kind to me.Of course Ill be sure to let everyone know what the results are (good or bad).

I havent given in to any chocalate attacks even though the urge has been strong. I instead went and bought a flat of strawberries and have some of those with the Low fat Cool whip when the chocalate craving starts. It has helped for sure!!!

I have been good about the doing my weights and exercise bands and walking. Hopefully I will be able to replace some of the flab on my arms with muscle and I wont look like Rocky the flying squirrel when I lift my arms!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holly~~ I am also looking for a good sunless tanning cream. I dont know which is a good one either. I would hate to go from have frog belly white skin to looking like the great pumpkin!!
But Ill let you know if I find a good one!!

By reading everyone's posts I think all in all we are doing good. Even when we have our crummy days or fall into a bit of a slump we still hang in there and never give up. So heres to us and heres to a great tomorrow everyone!!!!!!!!!!

Night Night,
Nancy
Old 05-08-2002, 02:33 AM   #26  
Crazy Candian in Aus

Talking The Biker chick

Here we go... an attempt to attach a photo!! yay!!
Old 05-08-2002, 02:53 AM   #27  
Crazy Candian in Aus

Darn!! It did not work... and my whole post went to la la la land due to my log in expiring.....

I will have to try tomorrow again!!! All because i forgot to copy it before posting!!! AARRGGHHH!

Nola.
Old 05-08-2002, 09:50 AM   #28  
Biker Chick!

Good morning everyone!

Hi! Yup, we all sound motivated and rarin' to go. This site, and meeting all of you, has been so wonderful. My thanks to all!

I'm feeling "up" because I weighed myself even though it's TOM - digital scale shows 166, which is where I have been at for a few weeks; but am hoping that once TOM is over it might drop a little. Woohoo!

Nancy, I hope the scale is kind to you at the end of the week. Congrats to you for doing the arm work! Arm exercises can be killer.

Kanola, bummer that the pic didn't take! And the missing-in-action post is frustrating, isn't it. Funny to ponder where those posts "go" ? Some distant planet is receiving them, and getting an odd impression of us Earthlings...

hi t-girl - you sound pumped and ready to take on the day! Thanks for the website tip - I will check it out.

My "biker mama" fever is going down, down, down ...because I am scared to get back on that thing. Oh, no! Well, I think that knowing I am scared is good. I just feel over my head in too much machine. I have got to tell my husband that he can consider it "his" until I can learn on something smaller, and take our State's Motorcycle Safety Course. I'm glad I don't feel like a failure, 'cause at least I tried; but feel sensible enough to know when I'm in too deep.

Have a great day, everyone!

Holly
176/166 or maybe a little less?
Old 05-08-2002, 11:20 AM   #29  

Good morning friends!!

I had a pretty good day yesterday, I walked my 5 miles and stayed within my calories!! WOOOHOOO!! It's been over a week since I have been able to do that. Hopefully I'll be able to stick to it. I'm a little worried about tonight though. Our friends own a mexican resteraunt and they invited us to this special event. Mexican is my weakness. But I'm trying to cut down today. I'll walk when I get home and then go out to eat. I've already decided no alchololic beverages!! That's what usually sets me way over the limit. That and those darn chips and dip! Anyone know the healthiest thing to pick at a mexican place? I usually get the nachos which are covered in that yummy cheese but that is sooo high in fat and calories so I am going to try to steer away from those tonight. Wish me luck!

Christine-I went home yesterday and checked the Xenedrine and sure enough it was the RFA! I didn't know that there was a difference. Luckily I haven't been taking any more of it. I did want to let you know that I saw a thread that had been started titled "Xenedrine". The posts indicate that the kind that you are talking about are much better and they don't have the jitters like before so you might want to check it out.

Holly- I bet you have dropped weight! If you are anything like me I can gain up to 5 pounds during that time. No wonder you're intimidated by that big ol' bike..you're getting so itsy bitsy!

Nancy-Good job on the weight lifting! I need to get started on that soon! My arms are definitely a problem area for me, let me know if you start seeing results, maybe that'll motivate me to just DO IT!

To everyone else-have a great day! I'll check in later, I may need some support before I go out tonight! By the way this is long overdue but Congratulations T-girl on your losses. You seem to be steadily losing and are a great inspiration for all of us!

Talk to y'all later!

183/152.5/135 first goal
Old 05-08-2002, 02:44 PM   #30  

Hey all, hope you enjoyed the website. I really think it is great, Having a good op day despite the fact that i missed my walk . going to do Tae bo!! that is my plan , more tae bo, and weights!! I have actually been slacking on weights, and I think I h ave the type of body that responds well to them, so Imma up it!! how is everybody today?? ttyl

Latisia
Closed Thread